Chapter (1) A BRIEF RECAP

Chapter (1) A BRIEF RECAP

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN
"

A BRIEF RECAP OF EVENTS THAT LED TO THIS MOMENT.

"

THE PORCELAIN DOLLS. Part (2).



              


MAGGIES' STORY.


Chapter (10) A BRIEF RECAP

Carlton Trent had thought his future was changing for the better when an elegant woman had entered his office and offered him three dollars a day for a simple job. Thanks to some strange events over the previous few days he now had enough money to re launch his detective agency in a serious and professional manner. His part time cleaner Maggie, was now employed full time as his personal assistant and she had already proved more than capable in organising his business as well as his personal life. Although she was married Maggie had also shown signs that she had emotional feelings for Trent.

What Trent hadn't known was, he had been used as a pawn in a game of future echoes. His visit into Earths' future had been a confusing but also an enlightening one, although for most of the time Trent had still been in a post drunken stupor. It was true that when he’d woken up back in his own time his desire to get drunk had greatly diminished. In fact over the last two days he hadn't had any bourbon at all. Maybe it was the worry about the task he had been asked to perform, maybe it was a newfound pride he had in himself, maybe it was Maggie.

The android female life form, known to Trent as Camille, had shown him a world of wonderment. This had been convincing enough to make him believe he was an important cog in the wheels of future time. Camille had of course been designed and created specifically to gain his trust. When this had been accomplished Trent had been unknowingly recruited as an accomplice in an attempt to change the future of Android development. However her subterfuge had been flawed. Paradoxically in her attempt to change the way robots would develop she had inadvertently re positioned events that would ultimately lead to the very development in robotics that she and her cohorts had wanted to change. Cybernetic life forms would continue to develop along preordained time lines.

Camille, it seemed, belonged to a group of rogue Biodroids who had plans to build a new world where they alone would be responsible for their own futures. For that to happen  they needed to be able to function without the restrictions of the three laws.

The key to their plan succeeding had relied on rearranging a series of events resulting in the death of a young author called Isaac Asimov. This plan had failed at the first attempt. The nervous hoodlum had botched his robbery attempt, and when he'd been startled by Trent shouting, the hoodlum had shot the young man in the chest, at point blank range. When Trent had tried to intervene the hoodlum turned and also shot him, twice. Trents' right arm had been shattered and he had a hole in his chest.

The two, previously unconnected young men, now lay side by side on the hard concrete walkway. Their time line paths had always been destined to cross. Some years later, Trent would read many of the books written by, the then world renowned author of science fiction, Isaac Asimov.  Whether Mr Asimov had also had a firsthand experience of the future, just like Trent, it will never be known, but his books tell stories with an incredible insight and such detailed descriptions of future robotic developments, that even today it is difficult to conceive of an imagination so precise and technically accurate in predicting a future Earth. An Earth where robots walk among men. But it has started, it is happening. Today.

When Trent had left his office earlier that evening Maggie had kissed him as only those in love can do. While he walked away Trent was thinking about Maggie, but he was intrigued by the second woman that had been to see him the day before. Something about her was bothering him, and not just the fact that her name had also been Camille. He knew that whatever the outcome of the evening's events, his and Maggies' lives were set to change. What those changes would be neither he nor Maggie could have imagined.

When Trent had left the office Maggie had been so worried some harm might come to him; she had followed him to his rendezvous. When she heard the shots rattle around the concourse Maggie gasped aloud and her heart had missed several beats. Without thinking what she was doing Maggie ran towards the sounds of the gunshots.  She found Trent where he lay at the foot of the steps.  She had heard a woman shriek and arrived just in time to see a tall shapely female form walking silently, quickly away into the dark.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 



© 2016 MAD ENGLISHMAN


Author's Note

MAD ENGLISHMAN
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW OR COMMENT. I YOUR HELP TO WRITE BETTER.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

╰☆╮This type of story is right up my alley. This was thrilling to read and I hope to read more. Amazing work!╰☆╮

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. If you have the time you might want to read book one, Blakes Story, It's more sci.. read more
Brittany Zedalis

9 Years Ago

I will definitely do that. I love stories like this.
Quite well written and intriguing. I'm curious to see where this story goes.

You may want to do a quick proofread. I picked up a couple of typos.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brittany Zedalis

9 Years Ago

In the second paragraph a few sentences in, "I" should be "In", for "In fact". In the 3rd paragraph,.. read more
MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T.
MsJewel

9 Years Ago

So sorry - I logged off for a while.
Thank you Brittany - I think you caught the typo's I fou.. read more
A nice little prologue. It helps clear up what happened between vol. 1 and 2 nicely. Good work old friend :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

And thank you for reading. I'm doing shorter chapters to make reading and reviewing a bit easier.read more
Mikayla_Stagg

9 Years Ago

Sounds great to me. I love what you're doing here so far and i'll be reading on :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: detective, crime, science fiction, future, investigation, love, robots, android, dolls, 1930's


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..