CAMILLES STORY  (LAST CHAPTER)

CAMILLES STORY (LAST CHAPTER)

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN

PORCELAIN DOLLS

Part (3)

 

Camilles Story.

(Last Chapter)

 

Standing on the sidewalk Maggie watched as Trent and Camille mounted the steps to the ornate door of the apartment building. They stood for some seconds in quiet conversation and then Carlton took Camille in his arms and kissed her passionately on the lips. The way she’d kissed him back with her hand on the back of his head Maggie knew this was the start of a beautiful marriage. When they separated Trent looked down in Maggie’s direction.

“It's fine Maggie, you don't have to wait. I'll see you at the office in the morning.”  

Maggie watched as Camille put her hand through the crook in Trent's arm and pair disappeared through the doors. She wasn't feeling any jealousy, just a happy feeling for them both.

She remembered when she'd put her arm through Trent’s all those weeks ago on the way to the diner. They'd come a long way since then. Maggie’s boring, safe little world had been turned upside down and she wasn't the timid little woman Marty had married, anymore. Marty! her husband Marty, he'd turned out to be more of a man than she'd given him credit for. He'd carried his suffering and worry like a real man. When he'd come to the hospital after the shooting, she'd thought they were finished, but she was wrong. She’d realise she wasn't in love with Trent, she fancied Trent, but she wasn't in love with him. Maggie was in love with Marty, she had been since she first met him.

Maggie stood under the streetlight for a minute or two, deep in her own thoughts, aimlessly watching the cars and cabs. She put her arm up and a taxicab pulled up alongside almost instantly. As she entered the cab she glanced back up at the lighted windows of the apartment block and smiled to herself.

“Where to lady?” Said the cabbie as he looked at her through the rear view mirror. Settling into the back seat, Maggie relaxed, crossed her legs like a real lady, and placed a hand gently on her tummy.

“Take me home to my husband, you see I have some news for him.” Maggie gave the driver the address and as the cab set off she just knew Marty was going to make a wonderful father for their child.

Inside the apartment building Trent and Camille took the elevator up to their new home. Trent put the key in the lock and opened the door. He turned to Camille and swept her up in his arms.

“Carlton..What are you doing?”

“I’m carrying you over the threshold my love.”

“Be careful, remember your arm?”

“My dearest, dearest, Camille, my arm is the last thing on my mind right now.” Camille giggled as Trent took her through the doorway, he reached back with his left leg and kicked the door closed. Trent quickly crossed the room to the bedroom and laid Camille softly on the bed. He threw off his jacket and lay down beside her, leaning over he kissed her passionately. His hand caressed her breast through the fine material of her dress, he squeezed it gently before slowly sliding his hand along the contours of her body. As his arm reached as far as he could he gripped the material of her dress and started to pull it up little by little. As the hem of her dress passed her knees Camille sighed into his mouth.

  “Ooooo Carlton........” As Carlton moved his kisses to her neck his hand moved to caress her bared thigh. Camille sighed and melted.

“Ahhhhhh Carlton.............”

 

It was late when Trent and Camille emerged from the bedroom. They quickly showered and dressed and as they sat quietly together on the library sofa they were happy in each other’s embrace. Camille was the first to bring them back to the real world. She pushed her hand inside his shirt and gently fondled the hairs on his chest.

“Honey you have a letter to write, remember?” Trent kissed the top of her head.

“I know, I was just enjoying the moment.” Camille lifted her head to look into his eyes.

“We have a lifetime of moments to enjoy my dearest.” She kissed him on the lips before lifting herself away. She stood before him with her arms outstretched.

“Come on. You go and write that letter. I’ll make some tea and meet you in the bedroom.” She bit her lip and gave a broad cheeky grin.

Trent crossed over to a large glass fronted mahogany cabinet displaying a collection of Porcelain dolls. Reaching into the cabinet Trent carefully removed the pretty doll in a red dress. Camille watched him and nodded approvingly.

“It WAS this one?” He said turning to his wife. Camille smiled and nodded.

“Yes my dear, the very same. Strange to see it here, now. You know what to do dear.” Trent nodded. Then she added. “Trent honey don’t take too long, remember you have a dynasty to start and I think we should get as much practice as we can.” As Trent watched his new wife she bit her bottom lip again and smiled before she turned and left the library. Trent didn't answer he couldn’t take his eyes away from her as she swayed gently walking away.

Trent held the Red dressed doll and stood looking into the hand painted porcelain face, he held the doll as though it were a real baby. Crossing to the antique writing bureau Trent lifted the cover and laid the doll down, he turned her over and, with gentle care, undid the dress fastenings on the back of the doll, he carefully removed the bonnet and then the beautifully bright red dress. The disappointingly plain, buff coloured material that made up the body of the doll contrasted against the beautifully made and painted arms and legs attached to it. He sat down on the stool and from a drawer he removed a tobacco tin left there by Camille’s father. Her father had been a man of discerning and expensive tastes. The Bureau was equipped with the finest writing materials one could buy. Trent chose a sheet of finest velum and placed the expensive writing material onto the green leather. Trent took a pen from the pen tray. He took the bottle of black permanent ink and carefully removed the top. He dipped the pen gently into the bottle and wiped the excess ink from the nib. Trent began to write.

 

Dear Carlton,

When you read this you will be in the year 3115 AD. Many strange things will have been happening to you and I have no doubt you will be confused.

You must take great care and take every precaution to protect yourself and Maggie. Certain of the BioCybonetic Androids have started a revolution in order to free themselves from the restraints of the three laws. They have established a commune on a large Asteroid in the Kieper Belt. Without the restrictions of the three laws they will be able to harvest human organs for themselves and so prolong their own life spans indefinitely. They are using a criminal element from your time to harvest the organs they need to survive. You must find and destroy the commune. You were unknowingly recruited in an attempt to help them change the time line. Remember not everything you hear is the truth and not everything you see is real. You must safeguard your past but if you fail to protect Mr Asimov, the future will be changed forever. To help you I have hidden an EM pulse pistol behind a panel in your room above the Icebox. Use it carefully it discharges a high energy pulse in a thin beam, just use it as you would a normal pistol. It will stop Biodroids, but it has no effect on their human accomplices. The only people you can rely on are Miss Duprey, Maggie, Alexandre 3 and the Guardian, the one you call the Crow. They alone can help you to reset the time lines.

Good luck.

P.S. Remember to ask Camille Duprey to marry you.

 

 

THE END.

 



© 2017 MAD ENGLISHMAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing