The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Morgan
"

This is a story about a girl named Allie Stevens. She has had a hard life growing up but because of her friends she has made it though. Now as the time comes to test that friendship once more, she will learn who her true friends are, and that friends can

"

Prologue

Hey everyone. My name is Allison, but my friends just call me Allie. What is this book about you ask? It's about the summer before, and start of my senior year, and yes it is kinda a love story. It's more then just oh they keep bumping into each other and fall in love and live happily ever after or they know each other all their life and finally decide to go out and live happily ever after. Because see I'm only eighteen. So I don't know if I have found my one true love yet but if not it's been a great start down the right road. This is also a story of friendship and how people you thought were your best friends may not always be but that true friends and people you don't think you would ever talk to may be the best and truest friend you can ever ask for. Oh yeah and there is a lot of drama thrown in.

Chapter 1- the meeting

"Taylor what are you thinking about?" I asked my best friend on the morning of the last day of school. "It doesn't seem like Exams. So what is it?"

"Do you think I should stay with Jim? I mean I really do like him but, I don't know."

"Yes you do. Or you wouldn't be thinking about dumping him right before summer starts."

"What's that suppose to mean?" she asked.

"It means that today the only thing anyone should be thinking about is their final, final exam and the fact that tomorrow morning when we get up there will be no school."

"Yeah I guess." She said.

"You don't like someone else, do you?" Jim and Taylor have been going out now for a two years. I think that they are perfect for each other, but that is just me. Tay has been thinking about this for a while now. She hadn't said anything before but I could tell. I almost always can tell when something is bothering her even if I can't quite put my finger on it. Of course it's like that with all our friends. It's like we can sense what the others are feeling. I love that about our group, but I'm getting a head of myself. You will meet the rest of the group soon enough.

"No. Well I mean…"

"Tay, who is it?"

"Just this guy I know. You don't know him. You know what just forget I ever mentioned it."

"Taylor, you know I won't tell the girls or anyone if you really don't want me to right?"

"I know. I just don't want to talk about it. You're right. We should only be thinking about exams."

 

"We're out!" yelled Madison. We were all sitting under our favorite tree on the grounds. By "we" I mean: Madison, Taylor, Kelly, and me. Madison is crazy and wild and that's about it. She is tall and slender with brown hair and eyes. Taylor is boy crazed and loves to party. She is about my height, black hair and green eyes. Kelly is not as wild but not quite either. She is a book worm and a hard worker, but she is also an air head when it comes to common since. She is a little bit bigger than the other two; she has red hair and hazel eyes. Me? I'm not really like any of them I don't think. I don't really see where I fit in with all this. I mean if I wasn't there I don't think they would even notice. Are at least I didn't use to think so. And again I am jumping ahead.

"Finally I didn't think we would every get out!" yelled Kelly.

"I know! I was starting to think we would be in the 11th grade forever!" I yelled. I was so happy to be out of school. Taylor was being really quite. I knew what she was thinking about. I could tell by looking at the others faces they could tell something was off even if they couldn't place their finger on it. If she wasn't careful everyone would know that she wanted to dump Jim for some other boy. I just wished I knew who he was. All I had managed to get out of her that day was that he was in our grade and on the football team, which made it somewhat easier but not really. Not when more than half the team is juniors.

"Hey T. Are you ok?" Kelly asked. "You seem kind of out of it."

"I'm Fine Kel. I just am wondering where Jim is. I need to talk to him about tomorrow."

"Ok if you are sure." When I got home that night I pulled out my yearbook and looked though it for the football team. I found all the ones I knew where juniors and seniors. I looked up the rest. After picking out all juniors I went though the names and marked one's I was pretty sure Taylor didn't like, leaving me with four guys: Noah Smith, Todd Johnson, Jason Thomas, and Ben Elm. I didn't know any of them. I texted her and asked about all those guys. She finally admitted that it was Jason. I told her I didn't know him and have never heard her mention him before. She said she didn't want to talk about him. That she loved Jim and felt guilty about liking someone else. I could tell it was hard on her. I asked if she had talked to Jim. She said not for a while.

They had gotten in to a fight sometime before, though I don't remember what about. Considering that was almost seven months ago now. Anyways, so we talked for hours about Jason. She told everything from his favorite color down to his shoe size, and I thought I was observant. She had been talking to him all year. I was kind of hurt, as I knew the girls would be to if they knew, that she hadn't said anything about him before. I really wanted to talk to Kelly and Madison about this. They would be able to help Taylor more than me I thought. They had, had boyfriends before. I hadn't. They had gone though this feeling before, I hadn't. Yet Tay only wanted to talk to me about Jason and made me promise not to tell the girls anything about him. Not until she knew what she was going to do about Jim. I agreed, reluctantly.

 

So far I know this is all about Taylor's love life and not mine, seeing how I didn't have one at this point. But as the story goes on I promise it will change. I also know I just told you that this only happened seven months ago and I said I loved him (you will find out here soon enough). You may be wondering how I could possible know that after just a few months. So am I. Like I said, I'm only eighteen. I don't know if he's the one. I just kind of wish he is.

 

Two weeks later Jim broke up with Tay. Things got a lot worst after that fight and Tay wasn't really trying to fix things. She was more worried about the whole liking Jason thing that she just kind of let go of Jim even before they broke up. I think she mainly didn't want it to look like she broke up with him for someone else so she got him to break up with her. She really wanted to go out with Jason at that point. So much so that she finally told the girls about him. She was really nervous around him now and didn't know what to say or how to say it. So she asked me if I would talk to him for her. Why me I will never understand.

 

So I spend the next three weeks getting to know Jason Blaze Thomas. "Hey Jason, can I ask you something?" I asked the first time we met. Jason was just a little taller than me, had gorgeous blond hair, blue eyes, and was fit.

"Sure what is it"

"You know Taylor McCartney right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Ok, before I get too far into this do you know my name?" The only reason I asked that is because I could tell he was confused. I would have been to. Actually, to tell the truth, I kind of was. Not for the same reasons he was I'm sure, more because I didn't get why I had to talk to him, what to say, and how to say it.

"No not really. Sorry." He really did seem sorry and not like he was just saying it. I didn't expect him to know who I was. In fact, it always surprises me when people other than my friends know my name. This is partly the reaction I usually expect to get. Though after talking to Tay I knew everything about him now and so it took me a second to remember why he was confused. I felt like we had known each other our whole lives. Looking at him then I stated to feel a connection between us but I didn't know why.

"Don't be. I'm Allie, one of Taylor's best friends." I said

"Why can't I be sorry I don't know who you are?" He asked. He sounded serious. Was he serious? I didn't really know what to think or how to answer that one.

"Um, well, I mean, you can be if you really want to be. But why would you be? There is nothing special about me." "Sure there is. There something special about everyone even if they don't see it." He sounded so perfect-- for Taylor I mean. At least that's what I kept telling myself. How could I fall for a perfect handsome, sweet, guy that my best friend really liked? I was feeling guilty just talking to him. I didn't know I really liked him then I just knew there was something going on. I just didn't know what. I wanted to know, but I was scared.

 

Jason and I met up every afternoon. We got to know each other. Well, more like he got to know me, but I didn't tell him that. I acted like I knew nothing about him other than what he told me. I bought up Taylor every chance I could. About how she was funny, and how she was single, and her hobbies, and anything I could think of, any story, anything to keep the topic on her and off of me. We could get to know each other after they started going out. I had to stop my feelings for him before they developed into a crush or more, into me really true liking him.

"Jason, did you know that Taylor is single? She and Jim broke up last week." "Taylor is a great friend. She is always there when you need her. She is one of the nicest people I have every meant. I am very lucky to have her as a friend and who ever ends up going out with her will be very, very lucky."

"Jason, what do you think of Taylor?" I finally asked after three weeks of me and him talking. I had put this question off on purpose, but if I didn't tell Taylor if he liked her or not soon she would know something was up. I couldn't do that to her. I couldn't turn my back on all my friends for him. No matter how much I liked him. She liked him first. I had to get over him, and if seeing him with one of my best friends didn't do the trick then I didn't know what would.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I wondered if he just didn't want to answer.

"How do you feel about her?" I asked trying not to seem like I would care what the answer was, even though I cared more than I should have.

"Why do you always bring her up?" he asked. Jason seemed really annoyed.

"Will you please just answer the question?" We were at the park. I was glad. I could watch the other people walking by instead of looking at his face as he answered.

"How do I feel about Taylor?" He said. "I really don't understand how you can be thinking there is something going on between us. Especially since I spend all my free time with you"

"Wait what?" Did he just say he couldn't believe that I am worried something is going with him and Tay? Did he really just say he spends all his free time with me? That wasn't what I wanted. Was it?

"Allie, I don't like Taylor. I like you. I was going to wait till this weekend but, Allie will you go out with me?"

"I- I- I can't." Did that just happen? And did I really just turn down the first guy who asked me out that I really liked? I just gave up the first chance I had at a boyfriend for Taylor….

 

"He what?!" Taylor yelled a few hours later. I told her. I had to. I was feeling too guilty.

"I'm sorry Tay. I really am. I didn't want this!" Yes I did. I just didn't want it if it meant I would lose her.

"You were with him every afternoon for three weeks! You said all y'all talked about was me! You said you were almost to the point were he was going to ask me out! You said you couldn't understand how I could like him! You said you couldn't wait to stop talking to him!" So yes I said all of that. No I didn't mean a word of it. I couldn't tell her how I felt. She was mad enough me just telling her he asked me out. I knew I should've told her, but it was tell her now or let it eat me away.

"I meant all of that Tay! This is as much of a surprising to me as it is to you!"

"Really, because it doesn't seem like from where I am standing!" She was mad, really mad. "Hey girls, what's up?" said Madison as her and Kelly walked into my room.

"Allie is trying to steal my guy!" Taylor yelled.

"NO! That's not what's happing Tay. Why don't you believe me! If I was trying to steal your guy I would have said yes not, no!" I yelled back. I was starting to cry now. I was confused and scared.

"Allie it's written all over your face that you like him! You only said No, because you feel guilty."

"I'm not trying to make things worse here," Madison said "but Allie every time I called or texted you these last few weeks you said you couldn't talk because you were with Jason." I could not believe Madison was taking Taylor's side.

"Maddie you know I was only with him because Taylor asked me to talk to him for her."

"Talk, Allie, not befriend."

"I was just talking to him. I had to befriend him so he would give me an honest answer."

"Yeah and it took you three week to get an honest answer?" She was making me so mad! How could she decide this was all my fault with out knowing what was really going on?

"Maddie leave Allie alone! This isn't her fault!" Kelly suddenly yelled. "How do you know Kelly? How do you know she wasn't flirting with him this whole time hoping he would go out with her? Hoping he would forget about Taylor!" Maddie yelled.

"How do I know? Maybe because I know Allie! And even if she was flirting and did like him, she wouldn't want him to forget about Taylor! The only person she would want to forget someone would be her to forget him!" Kelly yelled. It was like she was in my head, but like I said earlier it's like we can read each others minds, or at least part of them. In this case it could help or hurt, depending on you read what. I just stood there looking at Kelly wondering how she could hit the nail on the head like that. None of us have ever been that right on before. I was being that obvious or was she just that good?

"Well Allison? Which is it?" Maddie said. It took me a minute to realize she was talking to me. She never calls me Allison. She hasn't called me that since we first met.

"Like, like Kelly said." I somehow managed to whisper.

"I can't believe you are doing this Allison. First you try and steal Taylor's boyfriend…"

"They aren't going out and he doesn't like her. He never did!" I said. I hated and still do how she acted like Taylor owned him.

"Then," she went on as if I hadn't even said anything "you let Kelly think you are this great friend."

"I'm not a great friend. I fell for a guy I knew my best friend liked, and instead of telling her right away and ending this before he liked me to I keep things going as long as I could. I didn't want to fall for Jason but I did. I didn't want him to ask me out but he did. I'm not a great friend. Kelly is for believing me when I say it's not what I wanted. I thought Taylor and you would have believed me to but you don't, leaving me to wonder if we every really were friends…" Did I just say I didn't know if we ever were friends? I knew we were friends. I often wondered if I went missing if they would notice, but I knew we were friends. Didn't I?

"I was wondering the same thing about you." Maddie said.

"Guys," Kelly said. "you know you don't mean that. We have all always been friends. Best friends. Please don't do this!" I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry Kelly." I said going over to give her a huge. I hated to see my friends upset that's why this was so hard.

"Oh stop acting like you give a damn about how any of us feel Allison!" Madison yelled.

"I do care Madison and if you can't tell that by now maybe you should leave! Now! I don't feel like fighting with you. This isn't even your fight! It's between Taylor and me! And even then there is nothing to fight about! I turned him down and told him I couldn't see him ever again. I asked him not to call me are have any communication. I did that for you, Taylor, turned down my first chance to have a real boyfriend for you. I choose our friendship over having a boyfriend!"

I know this makes no since to a lot of you out there reading this. I had told all three of them for years how I wanted a boyfriend. I missed prom because I didn't have one. Everyone they set me up with just wasn't right. I didn't have any sort of an attraction for any of them. Now I finally found someone for myself, and he actually liked me back and they were all mad at me? I didn't ask for this. I didn't want to talk to him. They made me. I did it for Taylor. Not for me!



© 2009 Morgan


Author's Note

Morgan
Ok so this story is still a work in process. This is the first story i ever put on her. I'm still working on my writting skills so i want y'all 2 b honest about what y'all think. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! In other news you spelt here wrong! but i'm your friend so its ok if i dis on your spelling. So when are you going to give me more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks for the good review Kit Kat. I have been working hard on this story. I'm not really sure where i want it to go but i like it so far, even if i do keep feeling like change little things here and there. I will put the other chapters up soon. I hope you like the rest of what i have. And i took your advice and put it in paragaraphs, that's how i orgainally wrote it but i thought i had it like that on here but i guess not. Thanks again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it, it read well.
It's excellent reading,
you might want to look into breaking it down into paragraphs
It would be easier to read that way.

I remember my years back in school.
Friends fighting with friends and boyfriend.

Your content is fine. I found it wonderful.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2009
Last Updated on October 21, 2009


Author

Morgan
Morgan

AL



About
I love to read, when i am bored i write story's, sometimes songs. I love watching tv. I don't have a big group of friends but the ones that do have i am very close with, and i have a really cute puppy.. more..

Writing
This is me This is me

A Poem by Morgan


Allie's Life Allie's Life

A Book by Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..