Claire

Claire

A Chapter by Morgan

"Allie?" said Dave finally. What happened to him hurting Jason if he hurt me? It was Dave that caused of all of this. If he hadn't tried to kiss me I wouldn't have had my heart broken by Jason.
"G�g�go away." I stuttered "I�I do�don't want�wanna talk to you." I was still crying so hard I could barely see my hand in front of my face. I didn't want to be anywhere near David after what had just happened. I wanted to be with Jason, or Kelly, Taylor, or even Maddie, anyone but David. I hated him at that moment.
"Allie I'm so, so s�"
"Save it! I don't wanna hear it! Leave me alone!" I screamed
"Al�"
"Go!!!!!"
He finally walked away I didn't want to hear how sorry he was. I wanted to have Jason realize how wrong he was. How could I prove to him that I loved him with all my heart? What could I do? Should I just lock myself in my room all over again? I can't go though this not again. School started in like a week. I had no friends and no boyfriend. Worst senior year ever! What was I suppose to do?
I got a text about that time from Kelly. I was shocked I hadn't heard from her in two in half months! Why did she suddenly want to talk to me? I mean what was going on? I lost my boyfriend and all my friends and she decides I am ok to talk to again? So I know I am reacting really fast with out even looking at the text, but I had a lot happen that night and I wasn't sure how I would feel about whatever she said. I didn't think it would help anyways.
I figured that Madison told her what had happened and that all she wanted to do was curse me out as well and tell me how much of a b***h I had been, and I really didn't want to hear that anymore. I just couldn't take hearing Kelly�.or reading that Kelly thought I was a b***h. I read it anyways because a part of me had hoped that it would be her saying how sorry she was that she just dumped me. That she was done with Taylor, Madison, and that she thought that David was a jerk, and that she wanted to be my friend again.
The text said "Hey Allie. I just heard what happened. I'm sorry. Dave says he is really, really sorry and really hopes you will be able to forgive him. Taylor wanted to know if you will be ok. She is changing. I promise, Madison not so much. Try talking to Jas again. I hope everything will work out, and even if I am not always talking to you. I will always be here when you really need me. You just have to trust me."
I didn't know what to think. She was standing up for them, really? I mean she said she was always there when I needed her but she was standing up for them. I was really mad at her. I couldn't believe that she was standing up for them. This was so far from what I wanted. I was so upset that going to buy new clothes and supplies for school was actually fun. Well not fun but it made me feel some what better.
I had finally gotten my schedule that Wednesday; I had started thinking it was never going to come. I kinda didn't want it to since I had no one to compare it with. No friends to hope that they would be in my classes. I had no one to share any of my thoughts or feels with. I couldn't wait for school to start just so I could be surrounded by other people even if I didn't have anyone to talk to.

My schedule was History, cooking, Science, English, Study Hall, Math, Art. I wished so badly that I could have called Jason and asked him what his Schedule was, but I couldn't. I didn't want school to start leaving me all alone but I couldn't stand not being with people other than my family. I just hoped that maybe when they saw me all alone they would change there minds. They would realize how dumb they had been and come back to me. I didn't want to be all alone the whole year. I didn't want to be that loser loner. Not in my senior year. Freshman year maybe but not senior.
        
        School, what can I say? It was finally Monday morning. The day I had wanted and not wanted to happen was finally here. This should be such a great day. Not being sarcastic. It should be a great day. I mean I am a senior finally I am top dog, but it doesn't mean as much if you are a loner, forced to be a loner by your so called friends. I got up early that morning. Ok well no earlier than I normally would for school but early for the since that it was the first day.
        I got up, took a shower, got dressed, ate breakfast, and all the stuff that it also takes to get ready for school. Then at 7:30 I left the house. Normally I would leave somewhere between 6:50 and 7:00, so I had time to talk to the girls, but today I just had to get to school, because I had no one to talk to. I got to school with just enough time to run to my locker and get it set up then was off to my History class. No one was in there that I was even some what friends with. It was one of my favorite subjects though so I figured it would be ok.
        No one was in my Cooking class either. When I finally got to Science all the tables where filled but one, the one where Taylor and Kelly had been sitting. I had no choice but to sit with them, which unfortunately meant that I had to have them as lab partners. See I was taking Chemistry. So lab partners were nice and if it hadn't been for the fact that the three of us hated each other I'm sure it would have been great getting to be partners. No one was in my English or Study Hall classes. I did have a class with Jason though. It was Math, and the teacher of course decided to put us in alphabetical order. I already didn't like my last name but I never dreamed I would hate it because of an ex-boyfriend. My last name just had to be Stevens, of course, of all the luck in the world.
        All in all my first day was awkward and sucked. The weirdest part was Lunch. They were serving Tacos for some reason. I know that doesn't seem important enough to remember, but you will understand better in a second, if you keep reading. I walked into the senior lunch room. The lunch room I had been longing to sit at with all my friends and now I was alone. I looked around and saw Kelly and Dave sitting at a table, Taylor with her Cheerleader friends, Madison with her softball buddies, and Jason sitting at another table with a group of his football friends. I wished more than anything that I could go over and sit with him. Instead I found an almost empty table and sat down.
        The only person at the table was some girl. She very long black hair, she was very pale, really big glasses she was reading a big old looking book; she was wearing a Beetles shirt. I didn't really take much notice to her. Not until she looked up from her book and started talking to me, "Hi. Do you like Tacos? I love Tacos. I was thinking about having them for dinner but we're having them for lunch that just seems a little much don't you think?"
Honestly I didn't know what to think. As I looked over at the girl I noticed she had violet eyes. She took her glasses off and just started at me I was a little scared to be perfectly honest. "I guess it just depends on how much you like them." I was so not sure what think or say.
        "I like the way the meat is hot and the lettuce is chilly and the flavors mix. Have you had that cheese in a can? That stuff is so good! I think I'll buy some today. What do you think?"
        "Um�yeah, that, that sounds, um�good?"
        "Yeah I think so. Have you ever read the Gallagher girl books? They are really good! I can't wait for the next one to come out! Can you?"
        "I've never read them." How did her mind work like that? I would be scared to be in the passenger seat of her car. I mean could you image just driving down the road and all of the sudden she starts thinking about spay cheese?
        "What?! You never read the Gallagher girl books? I can not talk to you ever again!" How did I manage to loose friends before I ever had them? Was I just destined to be alone? "So�you know what I want? Pie! but the school is not selling any!"
        "I'm sorry" I was so lost and confused. At first I thought she just wanted to break the ice but now I was worried.
        "Don't talk to me. You haven't bought Gallagher Girl books yet have you?"
        "We haven't le�"
        "I didn't think so�" she got up and just left I didn't know what to think. I didn't know who this girl was but I hoped I would never see her again.
        Unfortunately did not have such luck because she was in my Art class. I walked in hoping that I would be able to make though this class. I was surprisingly good at art. I had been drawing a lot lately seeing how there wasn't much else to do, but I didn't know if I could take sitting in a 50 minute class. I just wanted to go home and cry. This is not how I wanted my first day to be like.
"Hey! I know you! You were in my lunch! So have you bought the Gallagher girl books yet?"
        "School isn't�."
        "That's not an excuse!"
        "So you want me to just leave school and get the book?"
        "Yes!"
        "Have you ever just left school to go get a book?"
        "I haven't found a book important enough to! Besides this isn't about me it's about you. You should come and sit with me! I am Claire by the way. Did I already tell you that?"
        "No?"
        "Oh�ok then. Well I'm Claire. Claire Smith! And you are?"
        "Allison Stevens? But my friends just call me Allie."
        "Well, hello Allison Stevens, but my friends just call me Allie, it is nice to met you!"
        "You too?" This girl was so weird, and I would have to have her in my Art class all year! Lunch I might be able to get away but Art, I was stuck. I know I sound mean but this girl was crazy and way to random for me.
        "You should come and sit with me!"
        "Ok?"
        "So have you at least read the Harry Potter books? Luna Lovegood is my favorite!"
        "Yeah those are good books. The 7th is my favorite,"
        "Well at least you have some what good taste when it comes to books!"
        "Thanks?" I just wanted school to be over. Luckily though we only had 10 minutes left after the teacher finished her welcome to class speech that all teachers give.
        "Have you ever played snake? It is a really fun game! You should play it!" Next thing I knew she was grabbing my cell phone and going to buy snake.
        "Hey I have to pay for that."
        "It is just a game on your cell phone it's like 2 dollars. You will be ok. There." she said handing me my phone back. "So have you ever read Elizabeth Ann Smith? It's really good! It's about spies! And love!"
        "Oh yeah I've read that. It was really good. Isn't it by Mary Beth Sebastian?"
        "Yeah! I like that Cheese in a can. I really, really, really want some."
        "Ok," ring; ring "go buy some. Since school is finally out." I was starting to like this chick even if she was totally and completely random.
On Tuesday I found out that I had other Classes with Claire. As I got in to first period that day expecting to be alone with no one to talk to who should stop me at the door talking 50 words a minute other than Claire. "Hey, I didn't know you where in here. You should come and sit next to me! Hey let me see your schedule maybe we have other classes that! That would be really cool wouldn't it! So do you have any friends? I never see you talk to anyone and you never seem to laugh! Oh well. Hey! Cool! We have this class, cooking, English, and Art together! So we can walk down to Lunch together from English! That is really cool isn't it?"
So I had a class with Taylor, Kelly, Jason, and Claire. Luckily I had no classes with Madison. That would have been a night mare. Knowing my luck she would have been in my Study Hall Class which was the one class I had by myself, which it was nice to have. I know I said I didn't want to be marked alone but that was before I had Claire in all but three classes, two of which I had Ex-friends and boyfriends in.
Over the next few days of having no one talk to but Claire in four classes we got to know each other better. Turns out she is an only child and her mom died when she was three. Her dad spoiled her rotten, but that was before he got cancer. "He smokes like a fish" is what Claire says. She stays with her grandmother while her dad is at the hospital. She is really worried about him but she believed he could get better. He promised he would not leave her the way her mother had. Her mother had been an Alcoholic. She had ended up getting alcohol poisoning. You would have thought that Claire's father would have stopped smoking after that but he did quite drinking, he did that for Claire. He loved his daughter so much. You could tell just by listening to her talk about him. It really made me feel like an idiot for missing the girls and Jas while poor Claire's father was basically on his death bed. I didn't know what to say when she told me. I was not good at that stuff. Kelly was but not me.
By that Friday I told Claire everything that had happened over my summer. "You hang out with a bunch of low life bitchy scum." Claire had a way of being really honest, even if you didn't want to hear it.
        "Yeah I guess they kinda are at least some of them."
        "You would talk to them again?"
        "Most of them, yeah I would."
        "So tickle me pick. Why is it called that? It doesn't tickle you! I mean really what kinda name is that! It's not even funny it doesn't even make you laugh. I want some noodles!" she really seemed content in her own little world. "So do you know Charles?!"
        "No. Sorry don't know any Charles."
        "Oh well he's really cool! I am going to set y'all up!" I knew after I had met her boyfriend Bob. That it was not a good idea to ask her for help with guys. Especially since I still couldn't stop thinking about Jason and it was really hard seeing how I had to sit next him in math class thanks to Mr. Wesley. If this was his idea of a joke I wasn't laughing.
        "Ok? I, I mean I guess? If, if you want to." See Bob was this really quite Emo guy. He had both ears pierced and his lip was also. The lip piercing bothered me more than the others. I mean really, how did she kiss him with that thing. I hate guys with piercings. And Emo guys just didn't turn me on. I much preferred guys like Jason. He was just like I had imaged my perfect man to be. Only my perfect man would have believed me when I said I didn't kiss David, that I didn't want David, and that I only had eyes for him.
        "Great! So we can double date! Tomorrow seven o'clock! Meet us at The Rave Motion Pictures!"
        "Did you really have to say the full name?"
        "Yes! It is more polite!"
        "Claire it is a building it doesn't really know the difference."
        "Well I know that! I meant to the people who own the building!"


© 2009 Morgan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on October 23, 2009


Author

Morgan
Morgan

AL



About
I love to read, when i am bored i write story's, sometimes songs. I love watching tv. I don't have a big group of friends but the ones that do have i am very close with, and i have a really cute puppy.. more..

Writing
This is me This is me

A Poem by Morgan


Allie's Life Allie's Life

A Book by Morgan