Maybe One Friend Isn't So Bad After All~RULE ONE~

Maybe One Friend Isn't So Bad After All~RULE ONE~

A Chapter by MayoCat
"

Introducing characters and Silivana's life style. How she goes about at home, school, and with other people. She meets Elliot and instantly dislikes him. . . or does she?

"

     "It's a very dangerous world out there.  If anything were to happen to you. . ."

        Lies and greed.  These two things are what make up that commonly spoken phrase to me are.  That one sentence is spoken more times than you can imagine around me.  It's ridiculous.

      I'm sorry, let me introduce myself. I am Silviana Lasenger but since my first name is kind of hard to pronounce, most people call me Silvia. I was tragically born into the most famous, the most rich, and the hugest mansion ever owned by my parents Rosei Lasenger, my mother, and Williams Lasenger, my father. Please don't misunderstand my way of using 'tragically'. My birth was fine, no problems. What I mean is that, well to be honest, the worst thing that has ever happened to me. And making me the only child of this family makes matters worse.

     I'm 15 years old and everyone is treating me like I'm "fine china" or something!  I hate it!  Because of this all of my friends are superficial, only wanting to be my friend so they can get money or some other hard to get thing.  Everyone is the same.  They're all liars so they can steel stuff and when that doesn't work. . . actually my parents are pretty easy to fool so it always works.

     You'd think my life would be pretty easy-going and slow and I bet it is, to anyone other than me. It's quite frustrating actually having all my stuff done for me. It become my motto, 'If I could've, I would've done something by now idiots so stop asking.' I can't say this around anyone though or else it would “embarrass” and “disgrace” my family. That's just how is. I am forbidden to say anything that would bring a downfall to my family.

      In this world I am fake and fakes can never become real.

<><><><><>

      “My lady! My lady!” a family maid raced through the house, most likely trying to find me. My doors slammed open with a BANG! “AH! There you are My lady. I've been looking all over for you!” she looked truly pleased but in my eyes, everything looked fake.

      “It was hard not to notice. You should've just checked my room first or do you really think I'd rather be elsewhere?” I snarled.

      “A-Ah! You-You're right! You're always right My lady. Me, being in my position, doesn't have the right to have an opinion,” the maid said.

      “Foolish,”

      After this my normal, boring morning went on as usual. My maid dresses me, my maid packs my school bag, my maid brushes my hair and teeth, and puts my make-up on, my maid makes my breakfast and offers to fed it to me but as usual I say, “I can feed myself. I'm not an idiot!” And as usual she responds with, “Yes, My lady,” Then she backs away and lets me feed myself. Once I finish my breakfast, I walk to the front of the mansion where a long, black limousine awaits to take me to school. 

      According to school files I'm currently, and have been since 1st grade, the smartest kid in the school. I have to be or else the Lasenger name would be tarnished.

      I'm in 9th grade at White Willow High School. It's boring. Going at the same schedule every day. Teachers suggested that I participate In some clubs so I joined chess, track, swimming, and literature reading, but none of them helped so I quit them all. I even considered quitting school altogether but at the thought of what my parents might do I quickly discarded the idea.

      Once I get to school I go directly to my locker, 674. I put in my combination: 45-00-10. Almost right after I'm done putting my stuff away a “friend” or how I like to call her, My Informational Booker, named Britt Myers comes up and starts talking to me. She was mostly going on about different stories and rumors she had heard, and even sometimes about new rumored couples, which she wasn't afraid to give her opinion on. I put on a fake smile and nod to the words coming out of her mouth, but I'm not really listening. Unless it's something I haven't heard about yet I could care less about what she has to say. Unfortunately I have my first two classes with her, including homeroom, so I'll be stuck with My Informational Booker for awhile. She was smiling and saying all this stuff about our great, great friendship and how she was surprised that I had so much money and how I probably don't know what to do with it all.

      Then she said it. . .

      “Oh! I almost forgot! Did you hear about the transfer student? Oh what am I saying? Of course you have! I mean you are the most popular kid in school,” Britt happily exclaimed. This is why I call her My Informational Booker. Basically, I personally give everyone alternative names so for example if I need something in. . . let's say: information. I'd go to Britt and ask her 'What's new?'.

      I narrowed my eyes and frowned. “Transfer student? What transfer student are you talking about?”

      She gasped. “Y-You haven't heard about the transfer student coming in today?!” before I could respond to her she replied to her comment herself. “Not that it really matters really, the only thing the teachers told us was that a new student was coming in today. Oh! But don't worry if I knew I would definitely tell you!”

      “Thanks! You're a true friend!” I lied while laughing.

      “Aw! You're sweet Silvia!”

      She's making this way too easy for me. . . I thought.

 

<><><><><>

      I walked into the classroom and sat down in my seat. Things went on normally until the teacher came in and said, “Alright students sit down!” she waited until everyone was seated quietly before continuing. “I would like to introduce a new student joining us today. Come in!” she yelled towards the door.

      The door opened and in walked a. . . am I seeing this correctly? I asked myself. In walked an average looking teenage guy. We normally get really weird transfer students believe it or not, so I was expecting a drunk, lazy, good- for- nothing person who was not wearing the school uniform. Although what followed didn't surprise me.

      The transfer student stood in front of the class not speaking for a few seconds and then put on the happiest smile I’ve ever seen. “Hullo! Nice to met'cha! My name is Elliot Black,” he said cheerfully writing his name on the board.

      “What are some of your skills or talents?” the teacher asked impatiently.

      “Ummm. . . skills? Talents? Do I have any of those?” he asked talking to himself. “Oh! I do!” he laughed. At this point the class was trying their hardest not to laugh at him. Not that it mattered this guy named Elliot seemed oblivious to it. He stopped laughing and stood up straight. “Well Mrs. Teacher I’m a dimensional traveler,”

      The class was frozen, not sure what to think of what this guy just said. When people came back to reality, whispers floated around the room. 'Is he serious?' 'He's making it up!' 'Does he think we’re fools!?' People didn't know whether to take him seriously or not.

      The teacher also not knowing how to respond to this simply ignored the answer and advised, “Ok Elliot take your seat next to. . .” she checked her seating chart. “Silviana there in the back,”

      He walked over and sat down next to me. I stared at him. I couldn't help it his eyes were so interesting. That sharp turquoise color in his eyes looked perfect with his dirty blonde hair. . . I just wanted to reach over and touch it. Which I ended up doing. I went from looking at him to putting his hair in my hand. I don't know how or what happened in between the two events, but something clicked in my mind and I lost it. He stared at me for a while with a blank look on his face before saying, “Can I help you?”

      “E-Err. . .” I could hear people in the background whispering and looking over at us. “Oh! Yeah. . . wait NO! I meant no! No I’m fine I just wanted to know if. . .” I tried thinking of an excuse. “If err. . .you've seen around the school yet. I would be willing to show you after school if you haven't,”
Whew. . . idiot Silvia. . .

      “Oh, that's all?” he laughed. “That would be great thanks!”
DING! DING! DING! It was the bell.
“Ok then I’ll meet you in the cafeteria!” I told him racing out the door pulling Britt with me.

      I didn't stop running until I got to my next period class, French. I raced in the door and quickly sat down in my seat. Britt tried talking to me about it but I shoved her away. I began checking my binder to make sure I had everything needed for the day, even though I had already checked twice. When I finished checking I found out that I couldn't find my French textbook. Then I remembered, I didn't go to my locker after homeroom. I go to my locker everyday before I get to French to get my textbook, but I was so distracted today I forgot. I got up to exit the room when the French teacher, Miss Fiddle, said, "OK class. Let's try learning and focusing on some French today ok?" I whispered over in Britt's direction to get her attention but she didn't hear me.

      I prepared myself to get yelled at by Miss Fiddle as I raised my hand but ended up stopping half way because of someone walking in the classroom late. 

      “Sorry I’m late teacher! I couldn't find my way here,” and then in walked Elliot with a big grin on his face.

      Elliot introduced himself again and took his seat, which ended up being right next to me, again. Miss Fiddle went on with her lesson and asked everyone to get out the textbooks. Kids started shuffling through their stuff to get it out while I was just sitting there. I hoped Miss Fiddle wouldn't notice but, of course, she did. “Silvia?”

      “Yes?”

      “Where's your textbook?”

      “. . . In my locker. I forgot to get it today,”

      Miss Fiddle was upset but let it slide, because I was a honors student. She did though make me borrow from the person next to me. I hesitated but finally turned my head to look at the smiling idiot next to me. I opened my mouth to ask if Elliot would share his book just for today but before I could he slid over his book smiling the same way he always did. 

      “Ok class today we're going to be doing. . .” Miss Fiddle started but for the first time since I started 9th grade I zoned out, blocking all of her words out of my mind.

      Then I started a list of rules in my mind:

Silviana's Rules

1: Wednesdays don't agree with me


 

    

 

    

    

    

    



© 2013 MayoCat


Author's Note

MayoCat
I know I made some grammar problems throughout this so please ignore them. comment suggestions on what I should do next or if you even want me to continue and your opinions on what you think of it. Thanks! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol I like how it ends. Making a list of rules. I like that. :) I like this story so array, it sounds pretty interesting. :) I'd love to read more, if you don't mind notifying me.. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

YAYYYYY! *is happy*
MayoCat

10 Years Ago

well stay excited! :) ^-^
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

I think I shall! :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 19, 2013


Author

MayoCat
MayoCat

Berea, KY



About
Heyy! I'm kinda bad at these but i'll try my best! Here's some basic info about me: *I AM REALLY BAD AT UPDATING I AM SORRY* Some of my favorite things are: -Music -Cats -Anime -M.. more..

Writing
Sapphire Ice Sapphire Ice

A Story by MayoCat


:One: :One:

A Chapter by MayoCat