Maybe One Real Friend Isn't So Bad~RULE TWO~

Maybe One Real Friend Isn't So Bad~RULE TWO~

A Chapter by MayoCat
"

Silviana warms up to Elliot as they begin their adventures. Just so you know, it's OK to cry every once and a while.

"

      An hour.

     That's how long I've been waiting for Elliot in the cafeteria.  I even called home to tell them to pick me up later than usual! I started walking towards the door. If he's not here I'm not waiting for him! Who does he think he is?! Making me waste my time on something I didn't even want to do! I stopped walking. Something I didn't even want to do. . . well maybe I am a bit glad that I get to distract myself from home, so maybe I do want-, my thoughts get cut off when the main doors in the cafeteria glided open.

     "Oh! So this is where the cafeteria was!"

     "Um. . . y-yeah. Well I'll be on my way. Bye DT!"

     One of the guys left leaving his mocking tone ringing in my ears. . . nope. I definitely do not want to do this, I reminded myself.

     Elliot turned to me. "Sorry I'm so late," I didn't speak for a while do he apologized yet again. "Look if you're mad at me being late-," he choked on something.

     Before he could continue talking I asked him, "Doesn't it bother you? The way he was talking to you? The way he said DT?"

     "What do you mean?" he tilted his head to the side.

     He didn't even notice?! Just how dense is he?

     I told him to ignore it and then we moved on with the tour. I had shown him the cafeteria, classrooms one through sixty, music rooms one through four, the libraries lower floor, the theater, the gym, the nurses office, the administration office, the guidance counselor's office, the cooking and science labs, the tutoring center, all of the bathrooms, the technology rooms, and the canteen. . . and I had only shown him the first floor! 

     When I finished showing him the first floor we moved up the stairs and started on the second floor. I showed him classrooms sixty-one through one hundred, the libraries upper floor, more bathrooms, the changing rooms and showers for after school reasons, the orchestra and band room, both choir rooms, the student council's "official meeting place", the dessert treasures, and the isolation room.

     "Isolation room?" Elliot asked.

     "The punishment room. Basically a room dedicated for detention," I told him.

     "Ok then. . . is that it?"

     "Hm? No there's on more thing I want to show you," I walked over to the stairs leading upward some more. "Personally it's my favorite place in the whole school," I said with a real smile. I opened the door at the top of the never ending stairs. We walked through it and the school roof-top loomed in front of us. I ran in front of him and laid down on the warm concrete and for once in my life I'm not afraid to smile and mean it without anyone telling me that I'm wrong.

     Elliot walked over and sat down next to me. The sun shone down on us bringing an even greater smile to my face. There are times like this when I just want to forever be in the moment. Forever and ever for eternity, so I can be free. I frowned at the thought. But I can't because I would be leaving behind too many of my responsibilities.

     "Aw don't frown! I finally got to see you truly smile and then you just throw it away?" he looked up at the sky, and for the first time since I met him, he frowned. "Your favorite place is the roof top? I can see why. Feeling the cool breeze and listening to the sweet silence. Wanting to forever be here and having the ability to close your eyes and disappear, forgetting everything except that one person who's crazy enough to go with you places unimaginable," he turned his head back down so he was able to look me in the eye. "But there's a difference between the way things are for the both of us. We are both like little, stranded cats in a locked cage but the key is missing. Unlike you I know where to find it so I can escape quicker than you will."

     He's smarter than he's letting on. I wonder what other secrets he's hiding, I pondered on the question before asking, "Where's the key?"

     Elliot smirked. "Isn't that the part you're supposed to find out for yourself? I can't tell you where the key is hidden but," he leaned in closer to me and whispered, "I can help you search for it because I know that I'm your only chance,"

     What? I was at a loss for words for a while but when I could form words I yelled at him. "What?! I don't need any help, thank you very much! I'm perfectly fine on my own!" After I was finished yelling at him, I had to bite down on my tongue to keep myself from shedding a few tears but failed.       

     "That's right. . . I'm totally fine. . . on my own. I don't need anyone to rely  

on," my hair, luckily, blocked my face so he couldn't tell I was crying and on the brink of breaking.

     "Please stop lying to me," he coughed. "And yourself," he added.

       Am I lying to myself? No. . . no I can't be lying to myself. I'm the only one that I can't be lying to, because I'm different from everyone else. . . right? I'm not even sure anymore, I asked questions to myself, even knowing that I don't know any of the answers. I opened my mouth to speak but because of my tears it took me a while to regain my voice. "W-What do y-y-you know?" I pushed him out of the way and ran towards the door. Elliot, what seemed desperately, reached to grab my s**t but I slid past him and pushed open the door to the staircase. 

     "Geez, now I have to find her," groaned Elliot. He ran a finger down his face. "But I guess it'll be interesting seeing what's at the end of the rainbow," grinning, he took his time getting to the open door.                

     I ran and ran and then hid, covering my face from the world's cruel judgment. Even tried convincing myself that if I hid here long enough that I'd be granted permission to disappear, but it didn't work. Never really did not matter how many times I tried. Ready to let the darkness consume me, I waited. I waited for that one spark. The spark that would be my escape. The escape that would, eventually, be my only option in the end.

     Every time I get sad that is what runs across my mind. My escape route which, sadly, never comes. Ever. I would be stuck in a dark corner of a random room I ran into, until I got up and organized myself. Five more minutes and then I'll get up and apologize to Elliot, I told myself. It was at three and a half minutes when the door opened, letting in a streak of bright, warm sunlight.

     Then the voice called in. "Hellooo? Anyone hereee?" Through the light I could see the voice belonged to Elliot. Oh great, I held my breath. Elliot looked around the room and must have saw me because he stared in my direction a while before walking in the room. "Silviaaaa I know you're in here!" he started walking towards me. I turned around so I wouldn't have to face him, not that it helped, when he got to me he forcefully turned me around and told me, "It isn't good to get in the habit of running away from your problems. I should know, I learned the hard way," he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the darkness and into the light hallway. I covered my eyes, taking a while to get used to the light. He turned to me and giggled. "Isn't this better?" 

     I sighed. Maybe this was the escape I've been waiting for, I thought about it for a while then looked up at Elliot. He looked back at me, puzzled, and then laughed. Ha! No way. I can't picture him being my escape. I laughed back. Elliot let got of my hand and started running. "Come on! I wanna go over to my best friends house now!"

     Did he seriously just say that? His best friends house? I was confused for while and then realized he was talking about me. When I looked up he was ten classrooms ahead of me. "Hey! Wait for me Elliot!" I yelled after him.

     He stopped running and faced me. "That's the first time you've said my name. It feels nice," he said, smiling, but it was different than his usual smile. This smile was more. . . how do I put it? It was more. . . happy. Well I mean all of this smiles are happy but this one had a different feel of happy. It's hard to explain, but it's like his usual smile is a candle with no heat and this smile that he pulled out of who-knows-where is a burning flame pleading to grow larger.

     As I walked with Elliot to the main gate, laughing and telling jokes, I added another rule.

Silviana's Rules

1: Wednesdays don't agree with me

2:Maybe one real friend isn't so bad

 



© 2013 MayoCat


Author's Note

MayoCat
Ignore punctuation and grammar problems. I spent a long time working on this so I hope you enjoy it! :) Chapter 3 should be out by next Wednesday just like all of my other books/stories. I need to get some sleep now. . . spent to much time working on this -.-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. I like this chapter a lot. :3 I feel like I got to know the characters a little bit more. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alrighty thanks. I'll never remember that, but thanks for the heads up. ^-^
MayoCat

10 Years Ago

Yeah no problem :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

^-^ yaysies

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 17, 2013


Author

MayoCat
MayoCat

Berea, KY



About
Heyy! I'm kinda bad at these but i'll try my best! Here's some basic info about me: *I AM REALLY BAD AT UPDATING I AM SORRY* Some of my favorite things are: -Music -Cats -Anime -M.. more..

Writing
Sapphire Ice Sapphire Ice

A Story by MayoCat


:One: :One:

A Chapter by MayoCat