Chapter 2: The Villain

Chapter 2: The Villain

A Chapter by McKilla

In London. August 17, 1985, 7:00am

     The Coffee Cup opens around 7 o’ clock in the morning every day. This was a small cafe that you would find in the middle of the streets. Although it was not popular, there were still some people who come here. The sun was shining, the streets were quiet, and some birds were chirping. It was another average day for the people in London.

     A tall slender man walked in the coffee place. He was wearing a tailored suit with stripes, and small round sunglasses covered his eyes. To the left side of the door was a bookshelf filled with magazines and newspapers for keeping guests entertained, and so the man picked up the newspapers for the day. He sat on the table next to the window, where he could see the everyday people and civilians doing their daily routines and at the same time, read the headlines.

 

     Soon, Susan, the ever so cheerful waitress of The Coffee Cup, dashed right to the table where the man was and asked for his order.

     “Good morning, sir!” she greeted with a smile. “What would you like to have today?” and she enumerated a couple of desserts as well.

     And in a high pitched voice he replied, “I would only like to have coffee.” He coughed and his voice rose to a higher pitch. “Decaf, if you will.”

     “Well, alright.” She snickered as she headed back to the counter.

 

     It was whenever he thirsted for coffee that THAT happens. Nevertheless, in a matter of time, it will cease. He thought. He sighed as he started reading the headlines.

     “Mayor of Cambridge, dead.

     Reports say that Mayor Thomas Alden had last been seen entering his manor. Nearby neighbours were only able to hear loud and strange noises from his residents late at night. Mr. Johnson, an old friend and neighbour of his, had checked to see what happened at the manor and later found broken doors and windows. Local task forces are now on the case as they discover traces of insect wings around the manor and found the body of Mr. Alden lying on the floor. Blood scattered all over, on the walls, ceilings and floors. This same incident had also happened in Avenue Road...”

     A crooked smile crept up his face as he laid the papers down and watch the little boy outside happily walking his dog. Behind them were two young girls chattering and laughing while walking to school. One day...their smiles will fade he dreamed. They have no idea what’s coming to them.

 

     Susan came back with the coffee on her tray. “Here you go, sir. Coffee, decaf.” And she handed him the cup with a smile. “Anything else you would like?”

     The man took a sip of his coffee. “No, thank you.” He replied in a deep sinister voice. “That is all.”

     The waitress shuddered at the sound of his voice. And as if something had caught her throat, she said, “Pleasure serving you then, Mr. ...?”

     “My name is Oliver Maindate.”

     “Yes, Mr. Maindate, is that right? It’s a pleasure serving you sir.” She dared not laugh at him anymore as she headed back to the counter.

 

     Oliver leaned back on his chair and drank his coffee. Everything was going well and according to plan. Confident that nobody would find him out, he relaxed. He looked outside the window again, and this time, there were two men with worried faces. The other was holding the newspapers, and the other one was listening. They stayed in front of the cafe for a while and then walked away. Satisfied with their reactions to the headlines, Oliver chuckled.

     One day, their smiles WILL fade away. One day, they will pay.



© 2012 McKilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2012


Author

McKilla
McKilla

Quezon City, Philippines



About
Hello. Well, a lot has changed since this account had first been used. It was a shared account, but my partner doesn't seem to mind me posting stuff. Why did I decide to open this account again after .. more..

Writing
In Her Mind In Her Mind

A Story by McKilla


Aral Muna Aral Muna

A Poem by McKilla


She Was Love She Was Love

A Poem by McKilla