Chapter 4: The Investigation

Chapter 4: The Investigation

A Chapter by McKilla

Thomas Alden's Office, Cambridge, England, August 17, 1895, 8:33am
The authorities got the area secured, local citizens surrounding the building with dread on their faces as they heard news of their mayor murdered savagely. 
"Ugh, this is quite...disgusting..." said Shannon upon seeing the mayor's ravaged body
"This is a crime scene... We put disgusting out of the list." said Jenkins as he's examining the body "what kind of sick person would do something like this?"
If you have a very open imagination, the way the mayor got murdered was ever gruesome. Most parts of the skin torn off and limbs shattered. No way an average murderer would do even with a high level of thirst for revenge. The investigators were looking around the torn down office. It seemed like a really big struggle that made it look like a pack of bulls ran across the office.
As the investigation took quite some time, something caught Shannon's eye beneath the victim's arm. A glimmering piece of something he couldn't make out. After putting his gloves on, he took it, put it in an evidence bag and went to Jenkins.
"Hey Jenkins, look what I found beneath the mayor's arm?" said Shannon as he lent the evidence to Jenkins. "Pretty strange huh?"
Jenkins examined the piece and with a puzzled look on his face, he said "Hmm...this looks like...a torn piece of an insect wing."
"What, so you're saying that an insect killed the mayor?" said Shannon with a raised eyebrow.
"This is getting strange. We've been finding pieces like these...evidence from previous victims. Insect wings, antennae, hair, even  fluids. But still, we won't close the case until we get hard proof on who or what is responsible for these killings." said Jenkins. 
"So what you're saying is we're dealing with something...that isn't human?" asked Shannon.
"We can't assume anything for now." Jenkins answered "Come on, we're moving out. I think we've found enough evidence here." said Jenkins
As the two investigators were walking out, Shannon had a bothered expression. Jenkins can't help but ask what's wrong even though they're not much in good terms yet. Shannon just nodded and went along. 
As they're about to get inside their car, they heard a window crash and a woman screaming inside the building. The police ran towards the source. As they got there, what was left was the woman's body, impaled through the chest. Nobody else was in the room when this seemed to happen, but one of the officers took a photo of the window when something crashed through.


© 2012 McKilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on March 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012


Author

McKilla
McKilla

Quezon City, Philippines



About
Hello. Well, a lot has changed since this account had first been used. It was a shared account, but my partner doesn't seem to mind me posting stuff. Why did I decide to open this account again after .. more..

Writing
In Her Mind In Her Mind

A Story by McKilla


Aral Muna Aral Muna

A Poem by McKilla


She Was Love She Was Love

A Poem by McKilla