Chappter 5: The Journal and The Telescope

Chappter 5: The Journal and The Telescope

A Chapter by McKilla

     The two used the staircase on the way up and Jenkins muttered something that Shannon didn’t quite get. Something about reaching the crime scene last. With Jenkins gasping for breath, they reached the room last. And they were the last to see the body.

     “ Sir, we have this photo of… whatever creature had crashed through the window” said one officer as he gave the picture to Jenkins, yet the photo was blurry. He squinted, trying to understand what he was looking at and eventually gave up so he passed the picture to Shannon.

     “Can you make anything out of this?” Jenkins asked. Shannon took the picture and tried to figure out what it was. He tried rotating it, squinting, and putting it under the light, but he could only say…

     “Definitely not human…”

     Jenkins nodded in agreement. They decided to look around the apartment of the woman to see what else they could find. The new crime scene took place in the kitchen and since the others were already investigating there, they decided to look elsewhere. The two headed for the bedroom where they found a desk with neatly piled up books while Jenkins spotted a telescope.

     “Stargazer…” he said as he looked at the telescope’s features and studied it. Shannon on the other hand, looked at the desk full of piled up books about stars. There was only one book though, that caught his eye. It was opened, and there was a pen right next to it. He looked closer to read an entry.

     “August 17

A couple more investigators are now in the manor to work on the case. After breakfast, I guess I’ll have to go talk to them about what I think I saw, the B R ICK in the manor.”

     BRICK? What brick? There weren’t any bricks in the manor when we went there… Shannon tried to recall if he had seen any bricks in the manor, but as hard as he might, he just doesn’t remember any brick. A brick used to break the window so that the killer could go in? But if this woman knew something…  He’d have to read through the other pages of the journal backwards.

     “August 16

Okay, now this is weird… There are insects on top of the Mayor’s manor like they’re gargoyles! What are they doing there? … Is the mayor in danger? Would someone be after the B R ICK? But I have no way of telling the mayor. I don’t think he’ll even believe me when I tell him…

The insects! They reached inside the manor! It’s too late now! I think it’s all my fault for not paying much attention… Before anything else, the last things I saw were Mr. Johnson calling for the police and reporters appeared out of nowhere. This is going to be in the papers, I’m sure.

-          Angie”

    This woman could have saved the mayor’s life… if only she wasn’t afraid! If only time would reverse itself… There was still more that Shannon wanted to find out. He continued reading. August 15,14,13,12,11…8…3…

    “August 3

Who would believe that the B R ICK led to this some sort of secret passageway? I wonder where it leads to? Maybe some hidden treasure? This mystery is getting so exciting! If only I was allowed to snoop around, then that would have been an adventure.

-          Angie”

     Seriously, where is this BRICK? And how did she even find out about the mayor’s secret passageway? She couldn’t even talk to him or…

     It took a while for him to gather his thoughts, then Shannon looked back at Jenkins and the telescope. She spied on the mayor? With that telescope?



© 2012 McKilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 12, 2012
Last Updated on March 21, 2012


Author

McKilla
McKilla

Quezon City, Philippines



About
Hello. Well, a lot has changed since this account had first been used. It was a shared account, but my partner doesn't seem to mind me posting stuff. Why did I decide to open this account again after .. more..

Writing
In Her Mind In Her Mind

A Story by McKilla


Aral Muna Aral Muna

A Poem by McKilla


She Was Love She Was Love

A Poem by McKilla