Chapter 6: The Locust

Chapter 6: The Locust

A Chapter by McKilla

Shannon thought some more and tried to piece things together
   I don't get this... This woman named Angie who has a telescope and seemed like she was spying on the mayor... BRICK... This just doesn't add up! Gah!! What is this...?---
   Just as Shannon was about to finish his thought, what once was a yellow painted wall is now crumbled in pieces. Shannon, Jenkins and the rest of the investigation team were overwhelmed with shock and awe. What caused this commotion were five locusts. They weren't ordinary locusts for they were humongous and bore claws big enough to tear a person in half. 
   Everyone in the room had spread out in different directions... "DUCK FOR COVER!!!" one of the officers shouted... "OPEN FIRE!" the other said.
   Each officer armed themselves with pistols, loaded them and aimed for the locusts. Bullets flew where ever the locusts went and not once did they damage the monsters. One locust grabbed an officer and threw him out the broken wall. Another locust stabbed another officer and sent him flying across the room. And another went went for Shannon. He panicked and tried to arm his gun. Before he could press down the hammer of the gun, the locust had him pinned with a claw raised, ready to strike. 
    Shannon cowered as he feared that his death had come.
BANG!!!
    Shannon opened his eyes and saw the locust paralyzed on the ground. Jenkins shot the locust on the head leaving it incapacitated. He lent Shannon a hand and pulled him up on his feet.
    "Thanks..." Shannon said to Jenkins with gratitude "I thought my life was about to come to an end there! My life flashed before my eyes " he said with legs trembling.
    Jenkins gave Shannon a somewhat quizzical look. "Are you kidding me?" he said "Your life flashed before your eyes..."
    Shannon shrugged and took out the journal. All of a sudden, the locust Jenkins shot, whom they presumed dead, charged onto Shannon and swiped off only half of the pages of Angie's Journal leaving a few pages scattered and Shannon with his back on the ground.
   "Don't let that thing get away!" Jenkins shouted as the locusts flew out of the broken wall with the officers still trying to take them down. "Hold your fire." Jenkins said and turned to Shannon asking if he's okay.
   
   "Don't worry. I'm fine." Shannon said as he brushed of debris off his coat. He looked at the half torn journal and said "Seems like those things were after the journal."
  
   "But they got half of it" Jenkins added
   Shannon picked up the scattered pages and put the rest of the journal back to the pocket of his coat and turned to Jenkins "Hopefully not the important leads." He said "Now come on, we have to solve this..."


© 2012 McKilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 21, 2012
Last Updated on March 21, 2012


Author

McKilla
McKilla

Quezon City, Philippines



About
Hello. Well, a lot has changed since this account had first been used. It was a shared account, but my partner doesn't seem to mind me posting stuff. Why did I decide to open this account again after .. more..

Writing
In Her Mind In Her Mind

A Story by McKilla


Aral Muna Aral Muna

A Poem by McKilla


She Was Love She Was Love

A Poem by McKilla