The Arena

The Arena

A Chapter by Rose
"

Chapter two of my Fallen Dreams Book! Enjoy!

"

⮚Arena⮘

Past


Fallen walked quickly along the stone corridor, trying to find her best friend, Imani. As she walked, anxiety brewed inside her. “Fallen over here!” Imani shouted, excited to see her. Fallen ran over and greeted him and smiled warmly. “Aren’t you excited about the tournament?” She hopped with joy. Imani seemed uncomfortable at the subject and kept shifting from one foot to another. Distraught and confusion filled Fallen’s face , she had no clue why he wasn’t excited. One of them was about to be crowned to the throne of their clan! Imani soon spoke “Here, It has been in the Skinner family for many years, but I want you to have it.” Imani handed her a case hardened knife, which gleamed brightly, reflecting rainbows onto the ceiling. She looked up at Imani, which at the time, was about a foot taller than her. “No! I can’t take it!” She offered the knife back to Imani, but he declined it. “Fallen, just take it, please. I don’t need it!” Fallen huffed at his response and reluctantly placed it in a small sheath on her boot. She elbowed Imani and spoke. “Well when you win, at least I have something to remember you by.” Imani’s face went grave, hearing what she said. They both wrapped an arm around each other as they walked to the Arena in which the tournament was taking place.


Upon entering the grand colosseum, the two noticed a lady dressed in black and gold attire, the Queen. The Queen approached and greeted them both, smiling. “Are you two friends?” She leaned close to Fallen. “Yes,” Fallen spoke quietly. Whereas Imani said, “No.” Fallen stared blankly for a moment. Imani’s arm fell to his side. Fallen felt tears welling up in her eyes as she turned to him quickly and shouted, “What are you talking about? Of course we are friends!” Imani frowned and looked away, soon turning back to the Queen. He whispered to the Queen, “She still doesn’t know yet.” The Queen nodded and looked Fallen over. The Queen thought to herself for a moment before walking away. Fallen’s heart had sunk, she thought for sure they were friends. They both headed to the center of the arena, joining the other children who entered the tournament for the throne. Fallen was unfocused, still confused, and deeply saddened. Had she done something wrong?


A few minutes passed and soon a loud boom was heard as a speaker kicked on. “Welcome to the tournament everyone!” The speaker boomed and the crowd cheered. The crowd was made up of the teachers who taught the children how to fight and assassinate. “As most of you know, the last one standing will win the throne!” The crowd cheered louder and was almost deafening. “The last one standing?” Fallen thought to herself over and over again. Sure, the clan was full of assassins, but they were a family, they wouldn’t kill each other, right? The speaker boomed again, “Now children, get into position in the corners of the arena!” Without thinking, Fallen took the case hardened knife from her boot and ran to a spot in the corner. Imani’s face was solemn as he looked around to everyone, his eyes narrowing on Fallen. Only he would come close to winning against her. He didn’t have to worry about any of the other children, only Fallen posed a threat to him, for she was the best fighter there was. A loud shot of a gun, signaling to start, was heard as kids ran about and began spilling blood. Fallen soon realized what she had to do, kill those who were once family.


She zoned out slightly as a kid about four feet tall with blonde hair, black boots, black jeans, and a white shirt came up behind Fallen, striking downwards with his steel sword. Quickly turning, she struck the kid in the neck with her elbow, making him dizzy. She then kicked the sword from the boy’s hand and stuck him in the chest with the knife Imani gave her. The boy fell to his knees and curled up, his face filled with fear and pain. Fallen stood in paralyzed for a moment. She then kneeled beside him and ripped off a part of her sleeve, wrapping it around the wound in his chest. The boy took the opportunity and grabbed her by the neck. Her face filled with fear. She couldn’t believe it, is this what power did to people? She had no choice, she took the knife in hand and slit the boy’s throat. He bled out and his hand slowly released her throat. She stopped when she soon came to a realization. Would she have to kill Imani?


Present


She sat in the window of her apartment, hearing the screams of the children in her head. She looked solemnly at her hands then she looked outside. The stars twinkled brightly, and she began to wonder who the man she ran into in the alley was. She lay her head back against a wall and fell asleep.




© 2020 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
I do still apologize for any grammar mistakes and such! If you have any ideas on how to improve, (Other than my grammar and punctuation, which I am working on,) I'd love to hear!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The second to last paragraph was my favorite one. You described the fight very nicely. You also do well describing her inner conflict, and you don't just tell it, you show it, by having her show mercy and try to help the boy. The fact that he tries to kill her is interesting, and it could explain Fallen's callousness in the previous chapter. Maybe she thinks mercy is for the weak. -shrug- I guess vicious people aren't just born that way, they develop viciousness as a way to survive. That's what I gathered from this.

it was good. keep going.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose I love this story. The kids as killers just stunned me. It was very exciting to read.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

Thank you so, so, sooo much! It makes me so happy to have people appreciate my writing! Thank you so.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

3 Years Ago

I wish you the same Rose! Write on!
A very enthralling, gripping story. The idea of kids as assasins just blew me away. A great story idea and a very well conceived plot. Loved it from start to fnish. Kudos!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

Us kids can be rather sneaky if needed! Haha! Thank you so, so very much! Have a very amazing day! �.. read more
AJNJ

3 Years Ago

You're welcome and I'm here to read more! 🤗
Such an exciting, well conceived chapter, Rose. I will have to read the first part that i have missed but i did enjoy this one and your characters and the setting are extremely interesting. Keep this story chugging along! 💛

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

Thank you so, so, soooo very much! It means the world! All of this support! Thank you and have a sp.. read more
Oh, nooooo. POOR FALLEN. ): The way you described her nervousness and anxiety felt so real and I JUST FEEL SO BAD FOR FALLEN. I really really wanna see where this goes in another- *backflips* wonderful chapter.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

Thank you. SO. SO. SO very much! I have finished the next chapter, but I am trying to get it reviewe.. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

I’m very excited to read it!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2020
Last Updated on October 15, 2020
Tags: Assassin, Fantasy, sad, death, grieving, friends, dark


Author

Rose
Rose

WI



About
I have a creative mind and tons of ideas I would love to share! Please bear with me, as my grammar may not be all that good. I am still learning after all! more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Rose


Forever On Forever On

A Story by Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

A Poem by AJNJ