Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Midnight_Mask

    Everyone just gathered in a little circle, the sun began to set now; casting an orange and purple mixture painted in the canvas sky, night grew short and so did doubts amongst them. However, Ikuto became all too determine; as if he wanted to stop them, his face breaking with a crazed look creasing across his face. But, Sid sat down, scraping at the wall to create a hole; to enable her to see through it, her hunched back and blistered fingers, delicately breaking the old fragments of bricks away. It crushed Amu's heart to see her struggle so hard, just to not come across as an idiot, as the person who started a fight that they cannot win.

   Ikuto rattled on, talking about some next move or something along those lines. But Amu kept her gaze apon Sid's crotched body, pressed against the crippled wall. It suddenly shocked her when Sid jumped to her feet and turned around in one quick simple movement to lay her eyes on the little circle created. For a while her eyes just darted around at the few gathered and then double checked her little gap again, with worry wearing at her features.

"Ikuto" Sid's voice shook unevenly.

He just waved his hand at her to indicate her to be silent.

Sid's bottom lip started to quiver, but Amu wasn't sure if it was because Ikuto wouldn't hear her out or that the fact of the importance she was believed it was.

"But..." Sid attempted again. But Ikuto only shooshed her quite.

Sid's eyes were wide with terror, but Amu didn't know why. Tears started to whelm up and she attempted to speak, no words came out though, Amu tried her best to read Sid's mimed words. Where's Kira?


Trembling, Sid's mind raced about what to do. Ikuto wouldn't listen to her and there was no other thing to do. Knees quaking Sid started to run. Around a corner,onto the street that ran parallel to the back street. She wanted to catch the magic's by surprise from the side. She decided that she could try to reason with the magic's, that they seemed too interested in her and that if she gave up her life, then she'll save her brothers. Even though she didn't really believe it, that's what she kept telling herself.

Several times she tumbled and nearly touched the ground with her nose, it was tricky to balance herself, but she managed to pull herself up right, without wasting any extra time. Sid's breathing became harsh, laboured as she sprinted down the street. It was more busy then the back street. A few people glanced back at her, but lost interest soon enough when she was out of sight. 

Tears whelmed up in Sid's eyes again, blurring her sight, but she didn't dare wipe them. Too busy using her fisted hands to grip at the air, pulling her forwards while she drove her legs faster, even though they ached with exhaustion.

Images of Kira creeping closer to the magic's, as if they wouldn't see him coming. Sid just didn't know why he would randomly run out as bait. Then an idea hit her, it must have been Ikuto. Kira did it for Ikuto.

The corner came closer and closer with every heartbeat, but Sid still counted the seconds, knowing that she only had a few before he would be seen. Before it would be too late. Her heart nearly jumping out her chest, Sid felt sick, a lump grew in her throat from nausea and her head throbbed from where she felt her pulse pumping through veins. 

Everything became slow then. Silence filled the air and it felt like Sid was the only one there. no-one but her existed. As the sharp corner approach, a sound of flame burst into the world, made everything move. Fast. 

Sid gripped the corner and pulled herself skidding around it. She saw everything; the street from a different angle, the magic's standing frozen staring down the street at something. Reluctantly Sid's head turned slowly to the object of their distraction. Her body suddenly went cold. Sid tried to summon tears, but they refused to overflow. All she could do is scream.

Wide eyed she sank to the floor limp as she saw the world at such a slow race, it tortured her to watch as a blue ball of ice cold fire fly through the air, aiming at Kira. But Kira wasn't looking. Someone out of the family called to him and he turned around to answer.

Out of breath and out of strength, Sid whispered into the harsh coldness of winter "I love you little brother" A tear escaped her grip as she wished and prayed that Kira heard. But she foolishly knew that he wouldn't, couldn't.

The ball of fire now sharpened into a spear of fire, plummeted through him and disappeared before progressing out of his now shock stroken body. 

His body sank to the floor and laid there effortlessly. Dead.

Without noting Sid shouted "No!" desperately trying to run to Kira, wanting to comfort him, wanting him to be alive. But something held her back. Even though Sid fought against the force, her strength was already depleted and there was no chance. 

Now everyone looked at her. Ikuto and the family. The magic's. Even the shadows were staring; almost whispering. 

Vision blurred, Sid was wisp away in someone's arms. Sid didn't know who's, but didn't care. She just stared at the sky, searching for the new moon and admiring the glittering stars. Thinking of Kira was all she could do, seeing the fear in his eyes, to see the fire spear shatter through him and to hear his groans of pain. Sid couldn't hold her eyes open any longer, the strength it took was too much. But even with her eyes closed the images were there. Then everything went black.


Rage boiled within Ikuto, he couldn't help but shout and didn't care how loud. 

"It's your fault Kira is dead!" Ikuto spat at Row.

Whipping it off with the back of her hand "Don't try pointing the blame on me" She spat back at him.

"If you didn't return then Kira will still be here" He glare at her with cold eyes.

Then the door kicked open. Sid stood in the door way, wearing a nightdress looking under rested and sickly. Dark circles around her eyes, hair wild and unkempt. But through all that Ikuto knew she was angry, burning from it, as if she were any more angry she'll catch on fire.

"And you too" Ikuto shot a finger at Sid, her eyes boring into his "We should have left you two.."

Sid broke him off in mid sentence before we could get a nother insult in. "You b*****d"

That surprised him. Even Miko made an attempt to go slap her, but Ikuto held out his arm across his chest to prevent him. 

Sid crept across the floor, her legs looking as if they were too tired to do anything more. When she reached him, standing almost too close, her icy eyes staring up at him. Row didn't know what to do, she stuttered on a note to help Sid or just watch.

"You arrogant arsewhole" She grabbed a scuff of his shirt in a fist, heaving for air "You don't see that he did it because of you!" 

Miko and Row recoiled from the words. Sid and Ikuto held a level glare. Sid's fist still clutched onto his shirt

Ikuto didn't reply so Sid continued.

"You don't see that everyone in this family feels that they have something to prove to you. That's why Kira's died! Not because of my blood sister!" Sid engrossed Ikuto and Miko and Row. 

Without saying Row nodded her agreement in understanding.

No-one else but the four of them stood in the room, but Ikuto knew that the rest of the family were listening. Snatching Sid's wrist forcing her to release his shirt, he came up close to her, nearly close enough for their lips to touch and Ikuto stared into her eyes.

"Don't touch me" He whispered viscously.

Sid snatched her hand back, turn on her heels and stalked off. Speaking over her shoulder "When's the funeral" In a voice twisted in anger and grief.

"Tomorrow" He whispered back to her in a gentle voice. He didn't know if she heard it because she was already out the door and off down the hallway.

Row differed if she were to stay or leave and ended up rushing for the door, mumbling something that Ikuto ignored.

"You know what your going to have to do, right Ikuto?" Miko pressed.

Ikuto just couldn't think properly and tried to ignore the question.

"Ikuto" He averred with more demand "You are going to do what I think you're going to do, right?" One eye brow raised.

Ikuto waved a hand dismissively and ambushed off out of the room.



© 2010 Midnight_Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009
Last Updated on May 21, 2010


Author

Midnight_Mask
Midnight_Mask

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am Midnight_Mask and write because that's how I express my feels and how I see life. I've wrote everything from songs, to poems, to short stories, to chapters. One of my goals is to finish a b.. more..

Writing