Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by HadesRising

A shadow slowly crept across the floor toward my bed. I was silently telling myself to wake up, to be rid of the nightmare, but inside me, somewhere, there was an icy fire telling me it was real. All of it. Maybe I should start from the beginning. My name is Kay Brown, Kay is short for Kayla, but I prefer kay. I have a light brown reddish hair that usually tumbles lightly down my back. I eyes are a soft green color. So anyways I was laying on my bed in silence, imagining I was sinking down into quicksand. I was almost convinced I was when the phone rang and jerked me back to reality. "Hello" I said as I picked up. "Kay, guess what? There's a huge bonfire tonight by Fisherman's Creek and you have to be there!" It was Rachel. She always wants me to go everywhere with her, why? I honestly have no idea. "Alright, I'll be there in five minutes." I hung up with out waiting for an answer. I stood up when i got the feeling I was being watched. It felt like someone with eyes hot as coal was staring at me buring into my back. I felt a soft whisper of presence. I tied to ignore it, but it was awful hard. I bolted out the door and ran half way to the creek when I stopped myself. There was nothing to be afraid of. I always have that feeling and I need to get over, i thought. I do, I have this every day, but for some reason this time it was more intense. I began to walk slowly coaxing myself and thinking that I was becoming a frady cat.

When I arrived at the campfire I slowly relaxed. Despite the cold chill in the crisp autumn air, I felt warm as the fire's blaze pressed against my face. I looked over my shoulder and saw dark shadows lurking by the trees slowly disappearing and reappearing. I have a rep for being quiet, so no one talked to me. I was glad. Before I knew what was happening everyone was telling ghost stories. I silently listened as the stories floated around the circle. When it came Lily's turn she said, "I'm going to tell the tale of Fisherman's Creek. And you guys better listen really close because the creek is right over there." she said in what she thought to be a spooky voice. I'm a strong believer in ghosts and all, but I really don't believe this story. I think it's a children's story they use to scare each other. I waited for Lily to finish and then I spoke up. "you guys do realize that story is fake right." Some people gasped others nodded in agreement. "That story is real Kay and you better believe it or you'll get the Fisherman's Curse."Lily said. Rachel butted in when she saw my confused face. "You don't know what the Fisherman's Curse is?" she asked. "No, and I don't really care" I stated. They left me alone then. They all went on talking. I just sat and stared at the fire that seemed to rise above the stars. I stared untill it took me into a world, a world of only light and color.


© 2019 HadesRising


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
1 Review
Added on July 12, 2019
Last Updated on July 12, 2019


Author

HadesRising
HadesRising

London, United Kingdom



About
The cruelty wrought between lines of despair is but one with my own labored heart Favorite Poets/Writers Dani Filth, Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Tolkien, more..

Writing
ADDICTED ADDICTED

A Poem by HadesRising