Michael: April 2010

Michael: April 2010

A Chapter by Alex
"

Michael is at the Military Ball, he went alone because he didn't find a date in time. But, someone so beautiful catches his eyes. He can't help but stare. Who is she?

"

I stood in the corner of the gym all by myself, my uniform was neat; unlike all the other guys who had taken off their tie and jacket. I hated the slow songs, it always made me feel left out. I didn't have anyone to dance with. I was only a freaking freshman, which kinda sucked; because I didn't know many people. All the upperclassman were having so much fun, since this wasn't their first redo but would be their last. I smirked, but they did all look like idiots. No of the girls were very pretty, just about half of them were dressed like they were going to prom and not a military ball. At my dinner table their was this one girl who sat across from me, she was so beautiful. Her eyes were such a beautiful blue, her hair was a darker blond, her lips were full, and she was just the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

“Hello, my name is Eleanor Long,” Eleanor held out her hand for me to shake.

Eleanor was wearing beautiful white gloves, “oh, hello, my name is Michael Hall,” I smiled and shock her hand.

“Did you come with a date?” Eleanor asked sheepishly looking around at all the people around us.

“No, did you?” I asked nervously trying to find were she was looking.

“Um, not exactly,” Eleanor said looking at me, “my brother was invited and we thought we would just go together.”

“Oh, that was nice of him,” I laughed, “I hope he brought you flowers,” I tried to make a joke.

“Actually he did,” Eleanor smirked, “I haven't seen him in 10 months, first time home in awhile.”

“Oh!” I was surprised, “does he live in another state?”

“He lived temporarily in another country,” Eleanor looked at a man in a Navy uniform.

“Oh, I see,” I smiled, “you must be so proud to be his little sister.”

“I am proud for all of my brothers,” Eleanor smiled, “we have a doctor, a lawyer, a military, and a football star.”

“Wow,” I looked at her and just imagined what they all looked like.

“I have a twin who hasn't picked his future career, and we have one who's singing in the skies,” Eleanor laughed, “hopefully not driving anymore.”

“I'm sorry,” I said as she looked up at me.

“Its okay,” Eleanor smiled as her brother came over and joined us.

“What are you too social awkward people doing over here?” Eleanor's brother said putting his arm around her.

“Michael, this is my brother, Jeffery,” Eleanor smirked looking up at him.

“Its very nice to met you, sir,” I said shaking Jeff's hand.

“You don't have to call me sir, unless you work for me or want to dance or go out with my sister,” Jeffery said frankly.

“Okay, sir,” I said.

“Which one is it then?” Jeffery chuckled.

“I would like to dance with her later, sir,” I said looking at all of his medals.

“You have done very good yourself with ribbons and awards,” Jeffery pointed to my ribbon rack.

“Thank you, sir,” I said and looked at Eleanor, “but not as amazing as you.”

“Shush, and have fun tonight,” Jeffery laughed and walked off.

“Would you care to dance?” I asked holding out my hand for her to take.

Eleanor took my hand and we walked to the dance floor, I put my right left hand on her waist and took her hand with my right. Eleanor put her free hand on my shoulder. We dance in circles for what seemed like forever. I just kept watching her facial expressions change to the songs, or to the things around us. I couldn't believe that I was falling in love with her, I hardly knew her. But, I never wanted this night to end. She was so pernicious and stunning. I didn't want to let her go. When the lights came on, we let go of each other and stood their.

“When can I see you again?” I asked not leaving her gaze.

“I'm not sure,” Eleanor answered, “soon, I promise.”

“I had an amazing time, Eleanor,” I whispered as rolled her eyes.

“Call me Ella, only my sister calls me Eleanor,” Ella giggled as she kissed my check, “See you again.”

I couldn't bring myself to say anything as I watched her walk away, she was stunning just watching her leave. I wanted her to be my beautiful girlfriend. That's all I wanted right now, I didn't care if we got married and had 10 kids. I just wanted her to be mine for sometime, then she could go do be amazing with someone else. So that I can say, she was mine once. And I will be happy with that.



© 2014 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
This was supposed to explain how Eleanor and Michael met.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2014


Author

Alex
Alex

ME



About
I have always loved writing, it helps me get my emotions out. I am a very creative person, so writing and photography go hand in hand with me. more..

Writing
Eleanor: January Eleanor: January

A Chapter by Alex


Trevor: May Trevor: May

A Chapter by Alex


Eleanor Eleanor

A Chapter by Alex