CHAPTER2 - one unexpected confession

CHAPTER2 - one unexpected confession

A Chapter by Not Here
"

At the party, Adalynn discovers something about Keenan.

"


Today was the day. It was Keenan's Farewell Party. Adalynn realized this and immediately shot out of bed. She went into her closet and put on her uniform. She slipped on her dark gray skirt and her black blazer lined with navy blue. She grabbed her book bag and ran out the door, quickly scarfing down a smores flavoured poptart. She ran down the streets passing by several crowds of people, Keenan was among them, though she never noticed that. He, however, saw her speed past him and glanced at her for a short period of time before continuing his walk to school.

At school, everything went by amazingly fast. The entire class was waiting for school to end so that they could go to Keenan
's Farewell Party. Time flew faster than they thought, as the bell for dismissal rang before they knew it. Everyone immediately ran outside with their bookbags. It was precisely 2:45pm and the party would start at 3:15pm. Everyone rushed out the building, pretending that they were just going straight home. When they were sure that Keenan was home, everyone walked back to school, and into the Auditorium. Luckily they got permission from the principal so they wouldn't have to sneak around or anything. The Auditorium was already decorated by 3:00. There were multi-coloured lights, the kind that revolve and turn while making light patterns on the walls. The stage curtain was drawn so that anyone could jump onto the stage and just hang out there. The sound system was also on the stage, and it was easily accessible, so it would be easy for people to go up and talk to the DJ to request songs or something like that.

Soon, they heard talking outside the door and instantly turned off the lights.

"Dude, why did you even drag me here?" said one of the voices.

"I told you, the Principal told me to bring you here because he needed to tell you something," said another

"Couldn't he have just called?"

"Nah, too important for that."

Inside the auditorium, everyone hid behind several tables that were placed around the room, and the DJ hid behind the sound system. The voices they heard outside had entered the room, and they spoke things about why the lights were off and whatnot.
Keenan was in the room. He looked around and was slightly surprised when he saw the multi-coloured lights go on and about 100 different voices yell "SURPRISE!" He smiled at the fact that so many people had come, and a few came to personally greet him. Matthew, who had brought him there, stood beside him as people, including Larissa, came to greet him. Since it was Keenan's party, Matthew had refrained from arguing with Larissa. Keenan just stood there, greeting more people, until he saw a certain person. "Hey Keenan," the voice said.

It was
Adalynn.

She stood in front of him in an outfit that made him gawk slightly at her. She was wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans, with a white vintage short sleeved shirt with a black swirl design on it. She also wore a cropped dark blue sweater and a plain silver chain with a heart shaped pendant. He had never really seen her dress this way before. He was used to seeing her in her uniform or plain jeans that were usually somewhat baggy, and plain sweaters and hoodies that didn't exactly compliment her figure compared to what she was wearing right now.
Adalynn seemed to notice his staring and started to feel a bit conscious of her looks. Oh my gosh.. he's staring! she thought. Did I overdress? Am I trying too hard? Gah!

"You look nice."
Keenan finally managed to say. Crap, he thought. That was a bad comment. She looks way better than nice.

Adalynn, however, appreciated the comment and gave him her thanks. Shooting him a smile, she said, "Well, I'm gonna go have some food or something." Keenan nodded as she walked off towards a table filled with food. She grabbed a skewer and stabbed 5 cream puffs, eating them off the stick as she pondered on what Keenan had said. Meanwhile, Keenan was sitting at a table across the Auditorium. He was thinking about him moving and about Adalynn. The same sadness he felt the previous day snuck back up on him, only somewhat deeper. And his friends could tell. Matthew seemed to notice. He remembered that the last person Keenan spoke to was Adalynn. Since he hadn't been fighting with Larissa for the past half hour, he finally realized his friends feelings. Instead of going to talk to his friend, he walked over to a group of boys. There were 4 of them: Joshua, Nathan, Austin and Alex. They were the boys that hung out with Keenan the most, besides Matthew. Walking over to them, he told them about Keenan and how he was so sad.

"What do you think we should do then?" asked
Alex. He had already known about Ikuto's feelings since last year.

Matthew contemplated for a second, then an idea popped in to his head, The 5 of them crowded and Matthew quietly told them his plan. Back with Adalynn, she was talking with Larissa, who also noticed the same sadness in her eyes. She decided to comfort her as they ate more pastries and other snacks. Adalynn was bored and couldn't think of anything to do besides eat, until she saw a group of kids in the middle of the gym dancing to the song "Poker Face". Her eyes lit up again. It was a party after all so it wouldn't matter if she danced or not. If what she did was even qualified as dancing. Larissa saw the look on Adalynn's face as she walked up to the DJ and apparently requested a song.

Walking back to the gym floor, she waited until she saw the DJ change the song. Soon the music to the song "Big Dreams" came on. Everyone paused for a while as the somewhat long intro began.
Adalynn found a clear place on the floor and started dancing. She was popping, locking and executing many other advanced hip hop moves like she had been taking lessons for a long time. Keenan, who was still sulking at his table, shifted his gaze as he heard cheers erupt from the middle of the dance floor. Curious, he looked over to find Adalynn dancing in the middle of the dance floor, people crowding and either cheering her on, or dancing along. He smiled, and continued to watch her walk for a few minutes until the music ended and she stopped.

He looked away again, staring blankly at a banner hanging in the gym that read "
Keenan's Farewell Party!" On the dance floor, Adalynn had walked back to her table and drank half a can of Sprite. Turning around with the intention of speaking with her friends, her eyes met with light hazel eyes. It was Matthew. She stepped back slightly in alarm and as she opened her mouth to speak, he cut her off saying, "Look, we need to talk to you."

Confused, she replied, "Uhh actually I was gonna go over to Marie and
Larissa..."

"No, this is important, we really need to talk to you about something."

His eyes held a seriousness in them that
Adalynn had never seen. Not that she'd ever really looked at his eyes. She sighed and tried to walk away, but then a voice, sort of like a whisper was heard. "Get her!"

Adalynn didn't seem to hear the comment and continued walking. That is, until she felt herself get lifted off the floor. "What the f-" She was cut off as she noticed that a boy had grabbed her and thrown her over his shoulder, so her stomach was laying on it, and her arms and legs were flailing around in protest. "Hey!" She yelled, not very loud, as the music had drowned out most of the volume in her voice. Before she knew it, she was outside of the gym, in the hallway. Suddenly she was brought onto the floor. Though it seemed more like they dropped her, kind of hard, actually. She landed straight on her bottom. "Oww..." she muttered, trying to get over the pain in her... behind.

She looked up only to face the 5 boys. Even though they had dragged her there against her will, they didn't seem to have any angry or cruel intent. In fact they seemed like they were trying to... help someone. Hey wait, now that I think about it, I remember those other guys.. she thought. I think they were...
Nathan, Alex, Austin and... um.. Joshua. They were always hanging around Keenan. One of the boys, apparently identified as Joshua, spoke. His bright blue eyes held a feeling of apology in them. "Hey, sorry we carried you against your will but it was important." Important enough to have to hurt my butt..?

"It's about
Keenan," Austin added.

"
Keenan...?" she mumbled under her breath. What about him? she thought.

"Yeah, lately he's been... upset."

"Upset? He seemed okay when I talked to him earlier..." she said quietly.

"He's upset about moving," another boy,
Nathan retorted, rather bluntly.

"Well yeah but isn't that normal?? Won't he get over it? I heard he isn't even moving that far..." she replied.

"I'm not sure if he can get over it." Alex
said. Then he added, "When he moves, he's going to be leaving a person that he has feelings for, but she doesn't know them yet."

He has someone he likes? Figures... maybe it's one of his fangirls or something.. she thought before saying out loud, "Umm.. if that's what this is about, what does this have to do with me?"

"It has a lot to do with you," Joshua said.

Shooting a curious look at him, she replied, "How?" This time
Matthew, the one who hung out with Keenan the most, spoke.

"You're the girl he likes."

WHAT?!





















© 2009 Not Here


Author's Note

Not Here
Yet again, help with the names!
Oh and grammar too 'cause I'm not sure about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 2, 2009
Last Updated on June 3, 2009


Author

Not Here
Not Here

The Cupboard Under the Stairs



About
Hello! Well, I'm really not sure what to say so I'll just do the basics: N a m e : - Not telling ;) But just call me Binbin A g e : - Old enough to get an account on this thing legally wi.. more..

Writing