CHAPTER3 - conversations lead to actions

CHAPTER3 - conversations lead to actions

A Chapter by Not Here
"

Keenan gets one hell of a farewell gift.

"


WHAT?! How could he like me??

Matthew seemed to be staring at her, as if waiting for a response. Adalynn's expression was confused and frozen. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was open as if she were trying to get words to come out, but they wouldn't. Finally her words came out. "Are you serious?!"

He looked at her like she was crazy. "Of course I'm serious. Why wouldn't I be?"

Dude... you just told me that the guy in our class who has his own fanclub LIKES ME?! Why wouldn't I think that you weren't serious?!? she wanted to say, but instead replied, "Nothing. It's just kinda... hard to believe."

"Uh.. okay then. Well, anyway, we need you to cheer him up." Joshua says, coming up from behind Matthew.

"Yeah, I'm still confused. How the hell am I supposed to do THAT?!" she asked, though it seemed more like yelling to the guys near the end.

Matthew seemed to grin. And not those friendly "Oh nothing" grins, but those sinister "I have an idea" ones. Crap, she thought. Those grins for Matthew were always bad news. He usually had energetic and happy grins, so this was something rare. The others apparently knew what he was thinking, as they had the same smiles, or in this case, smirks, plastered all over their faces. Crap crap crap crap crap... Adalynn kept repeating over in her head until Matthew leaned in a bit closer and told her his idea.

Adalynn blinked and was silent after hearing his so-called 'idea'.

Then, she exploded.

"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO THAT?! ARE YOU PEOPLE MENTALLY RETARDED OR SOMETHING?"

The boys were plugging their ears probably to avoid becoming deaf. They stared at her like she was insane and just kept staring till she sighed in defeat. "Fine... but you people owe me. BIG TIME!"

They smiled and nodded in agreement as they walked back to the gym. Before they left, Matthew quietly told Adalynn something that made her relax slightly. As they entered, no one seemed to notice they left, except Marie and Larissa. The two of them ran straight up to Adalynn, and noticing the 5 boys behind her, Larissa said threateningly, "What are you doing with them?"

Adalynn tried to keep calm as she replied defensively, "I was just talking to them about something."

"You talked to them for that long?" Marie inquired.

"Uh, no, I went to the washroom before I talked to them."

"Well," Larissa responded suspiciously. "I guess that's okay, no c'mon lets go!"

Suddenly, Adalynn was dragged over to a table. They started talking, though Adalynn wasn't paying too much attention. Half the reason was because of what Matthew had said, and the other half was that Keenan's fanclub was nearby, flirting like there was no tomorrow near him, as he sat at a table alone. That second part pissed her off so much she was drowning out everything Marie was saying. Suddenly, she got up and said, "Uh, I'm gonna go walk around..."

Furrowing their brows in confusion, they nodded as she walked off towards the food table. She grabbed a tart and scarfed it down. Food usually made her feel better. As she stood there, eating, she saw Ikuto's fanclub nearby. The president, Amber was clinging to his arm as the rest were just standing by, laughing. The club seemed to notice Adalynn standing by the wall, eating and staring at Keenan, as a few of them walked towards her, smiling innocently. There were only about 4, namely Tiffany, Monique, Mariko, and Sara. "Hey you!" they shouted over to her.

Adalynn switched her gaze from Keenan to the 4 girls. She had a confused expression on her face as she said, "Uh, is there something you want?"

The girls had those arrogant 'I'm-so-much-better-than-you' look as one of them, Tiffany, spoke. "I'm sure you know what we want you b***h," she started. "We want you to stop looking at Keenan like that. He's ours so you can't have him."

The dark-haired girl in front of them sighed, and decided to reply. She held up her index finger. "Okay, first, you don't own him; second, even if you could, how would you all share him? And third, It isn't any of your business what I do," Adalynn retorted, quite calmly as well.

Sara snorted, "Whatever, just back off. He'd never like a loser like you, much less even talk to you."

Adalynn smiled. Or more like smirked. "Sure," was all she said before she walked over to Keenan. You may think that, but his friends told me otherwise... The girls were furious that she would just walk away from them and ignore their threat about staying away from the very person she was walking towards. Instead of stopping her, they decided to watch her make a fool out of herself. Or so they thought she would.

The rest of the fan club was still laughing and clinging to Keenan, who seemed annoyed, until he turned and saw Adalynn. "Hey Keenan!" she greeted cheerfully. His eyes seemed to widen unnoticeably in both surprise and relief. He wriggled out of Amber's grasp as he walked closer to her. "Hey," was all he said.

The fan girls couldn't believe their eyes. He was talking to her. HER! A girl who wasn't even popular at school, and wasn't even all that pretty. Compared to them, anyway. Another thing that pissed them off was the fact that they were both smiling. Keenan had almost never smiled at school, much less in front of the fan girls. The only exceptions were really for his friends. And now he was smiling in front of Adalynn.

Soon they started walking off, leaving a group of angered girls behind. "So, what'd you want to talk about?" Keenan asked.

"Oh, well I thought you looked uncomfortable with those fan girls all over you so I thought I could help. Not sure if I did though."

Keenan smiled. "No, I think you helped." Adalynn returned the smile, and blushed as she added, "You know, you looked kind of upset. A lot of people have been telling me that. Is something wrong?"

There was concern in her expression as Keenan responded. "Uh.. well, sorta, but I don't really feel like talking about it.." he trailed off at the end of his sentence.

Adalynn responded, "Oh, well if there's anything I could do to help, just tell me, 'kay?"

Keenan's eyes widened. Maybe she does care... even a little. About me, he thought. Adalynn smiled as Keenan replied, "Thanks."

"No problem." Adalynn looked behind them to see the fan girls. They were beyond mad now. They were beyond furious. As much as Adalynn wanted to talk to Keenan longer, she knew she'd get more trouble than she bargained for. She sighed mentally and remembered something. Matthew's idea... Maybe I should.... her thoughts trailed off as she suddenly said, "Hey Keenan, I think your fan girls are gonna kill me soon, so I should go," she began, gesturing to the fuming fan girls standing in a crowd behind them. Then she continued. "Besides I think Marie and Larissa want to talk to me. I kinda walked out on them." She then turned towards her friends who were sitting at their table, still talking about who know what. Keenan nodded, his expression saddening slightly.

Before she started to walk away, she turned to Keenan and said, "Hope you feel better soon!"

As a dark blush graced her features, she leaned forward, gently placing her lips on his.





© 2009 Not Here


Author's Note

Not Here
You may have noticed that I put fangirls. There probably aren't many for actual dude (at least not where I live) but I thought adding them would make it a liiiiittle bit more interesting. Oh and if you think this is very short I can add to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 2, 2009
Last Updated on June 3, 2009


Author

Not Here
Not Here

The Cupboard Under the Stairs



About
Hello! Well, I'm really not sure what to say so I'll just do the basics: N a m e : - Not telling ;) But just call me Binbin A g e : - Old enough to get an account on this thing legally wi.. more..

Writing