CHAPTER4 - the b***h, the kiss and the happy ending

CHAPTER4 - the b***h, the kiss and the happy ending

A Chapter by Not Here
"

Prepare for cheesiness! Complications make Keenan do something he never knew would make her do something like THAT.

"


Keenan's fanclub had their jaws literally dropped to the floor. They were enraged by Adalynn's actions. Although it was just a simple kiss, they had made a big deal about it. Nothing really happened. It was just a small peck. It had only lasted a few seconds until Adalynn pulled away, smiling as she walked away. There, she thought. I did it. I did what Matthew said, and it was... nice.

Flashback

Crap crap crap crap crap... Adalynn kept repeating over in her head until Matthew told her his idea.

"You need to kiss him."

Adalynn was silent after hearing his so-called 'idea'.

Then, she exploded.

"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO THAT?! ARE YOU PEOPLE MENTALLY RETARDED OR SOMETHING?"

The boys were plugging their ears probably to avoid becoming deaf. They stared at her like she was insane and just kept staring till she sighed in defeat. "Fine... but you people owe me. BIG TIME!"

They smiled and nodded in agreement as they walked back to the gym. Before they left, Matthew had said to her, "It doesn't matter whether you kiss him on the lips or on the cheek. As long as you do it, he'll most likely be happy."

End of Flashback.

Crap... she thought. I kissed him on the friggin' lips. Why didn't I just kiss him on the cheek or something? D****T! Meanwhile, Keenan was still in shock from what she'd just done. As were his fangirls. The fangirls were frozen, while Keenan stood there as his friends approached him. Holy- She kissed me. Am I on drugs or something? I'm hallucinating, right? This couldn't have really happened... Unfortunately, Keenan didn't realize that he said his thoughts out loud, so Matthew and the rest of the guys heard. "No dude. You weren't hallucinating. She really kissed you," Nathan said. Wow... was all he could think at the moment.

The fangirls however, were much less than enthusiastic about the kiss. Especially Amber. She had planned to take Keenan's first kiss, since she was the most popular girl and school and she thought they belonged together. Angered, she ran over to where Adalynn now was. In the midst of the dance floor. As they stormed down there, Adalynn seemed to have noticed and turned to face them. She opened her mouth to say something but she was cut off by Amber and a loud smack! filled the air.

Amber had slapped her.

The impact was so hard that Adalynn's face had turned in the direction Amber's hand had gone. A large red mark replaced her hand on Adalynn's face. She brought her hand up to touch the mark as her bangs fell over her eyes. Keenan and the others had seen the whole thing and were afraid of what the president would do to her.


"You s**t how dare you kiss my Keenan?!" she exclaimed arrogantly, as if Keenan was already her boyfriend.

Adalynn didn't speak. She didn't know what to say. At this point she couldn't say anything. Not even to say it wasn't her fault. Because it was. She could just blame Matthew for telling her to do it, but it was her own fault for listening to him. There was only one thing she could say, though she knew it wouldn't help. She said it anyway. "Keenan isn't yours..."

She trailed off, preparing for another hit as Amber's face twisted into a mask of even more hate. Her hand was in the air, ready to strike, and Adalynn had already closed her eyes, bracing herself. Surprisingly, she felt no pain, though the sound of another slap was heard. She slowly opened her eyes, only to see Keenan standing in front of her. He was just as composed as he was earlier, the only difference was the red hand mark on his cheek. It was similar to the one Adalynn had (which was now faded) only redder. Amber was in front of him, a shocked and dumbfounded look on her face. Soon Adalynn realized what had happened.

Amber slapped Keenan instead.

That was supposed to be me that Amber slapped, she thought. But... why the heck would he do that? I know he likes me but... Her thoughts trailed off as Amber opened her mouth to try and apologize to the boy standing in front of her. "K-Keenan! I'm SO sorry! I didn't mean to... I was—"

She was interrupted by Ikuto. "It doesn't matter," he stated. Amber's eyes widened slightly as a smile began to creep up onto her features. Adalynn just stood behind him, looking down instead of sideways, her bangs still covering her eyes. Unexpectedly, he added, "But don't you dare hurt Adalynn."

The smile that had begun to form on Amber's face faded, switching quickly so that she looked as if she was going to burst into tears. Keenan, the boy she had liked since they first met in the second grade, was defending another girl. And not just any girl. Adalynn. She, however, was utterly surprised in a different way. Her head immediately shot up at the mention of her name, and her eyes widened as she looked over at Keenan. What the... what did he just say?

Amber fled, the tears she held back as Keenan spoke flowing freely. Although Keenan hadn't shown any sign of affection for her in the first place, Amber finally came into realization that she would never be with him. Keenan didn't even look back after Amber ran. He shifted his gaze to Adalynn, who was attempting to recover from her state of shock. She snapped out of her trance when she heard Keenan ask, "Are you okay?"

She could see the sincere worry and concern in his eyes when he said that. Adalynn hastily searched her mind for a reply. She seemed almost brain-dead to herself. "Um.. y-yeah, I'm fine.." she stammered before quickly adding, "Are you?"

Keenan's lips curled into a smile and said, "Yeah, I'm alright."

Somehow his smile seemed contagious as Adalynn smiled as well, all her worries and anxieties dissolving. "Um..." Adalynn tried to muster up enough courage to ask, "Why did you say that? You know... when Amber tried to apologize..?"

This question seemed to amuse Keenan, in a way. "What do you mean why? I said it because I didn't want anyone to hurt you."

He took a step closer. "Because..." Keenan trailed off. He was unusually nervous and tried to bring up the courage to say what he so badly wanted
—no, NEEDED to say to her.

"I love you."

Once again, Adalynn went into a state of shock. She couldn't believe her ears. She knew he LIKED her because of what Matthew had said... but LOVE? That was an entirely different thing. Keenan LOVED her? The thought barely even registered in her mind. "Y-you... you do?" she pressed.

Keenan took another step closer, so that he leaned down to face her, the two of them mere inches apart. "Of course I do. I have ever since I first met you."

This, obviously made Adalynn quite happy. So happy she was almost speechless. The only words to come out of her mouth were: "Me too."

Her statement made Keenan equally as happy, if not more. This time he decided to press on. "You do?"

Adalynn smiled and kissed him, as if that very action explained everything. Keenan began to kiss back, and Adalynn wrapped her arms around his neck, his own arms encircling her waist. The two shared a sweet, yet passionate kiss that could have gone on forever if they didn't have to breathe. They pulled away from eachother, gazing into the others' eyes lovingly, still in the same position as when they were kissing. Suddenly, cheering erupted from all around them
—apparently everyone was watching the whole thing. Keenan and Adalynn barely even noticed since they were caught up in their own world.

The two of them looked towards the crowd, Keenan grinning and Adalynn blushing madly. After this party, Adalynn knew she was going to miss him. Her smiled faded into a look of worry. Keenan immediately noticed and whispered five words into her ear. Five words that instantly brightened her face.

"I'll come back for you."

Right then, Adalynn knew that she would wait for him no matter how long it took.
















© 2009 Not Here


Author's Note

Not Here
Told ya there was cheesiness.
Was the ending too much?
Please give opinions on it!
Oh and I might post the sequel here once I write it.
Tell me if I should!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on June 2, 2009


Author

Not Here
Not Here

The Cupboard Under the Stairs



About
Hello! Well, I'm really not sure what to say so I'll just do the basics: N a m e : - Not telling ;) But just call me Binbin A g e : - Old enough to get an account on this thing legally wi.. more..

Writing