Becoming a Kitsune

Becoming a Kitsune

A Chapter by Nikko
"

Most people are not born a kitsune. If you want to become one, follow the path to begin the turning. There is no going back. Note: If you were born a kitsune, you can read this for some backup info.

"
You will have to make a choice. A choice that will change your life. Will you become a kitsune... Or not? If you have decided against it, there is no shame in going back. If you have, read closely and carefully, for I am about to gift you the ancient knowledge of the foxes.
You must wait for one of two things; a full moon or a storm. Keep in mind that some people, called Keshiksune, were not born to ever be kitsune, and if you are one of those people, the turning will never happen for you, and remember that even with born kitsune the turning only kicks in around puberty, so if you attempt it any earlier or later, it will not begin.
The turning requires a few things. First, you will need the belief that the procedure will not fail you. Even if you are not a Keshiksune, no belief means no turning.
Next, you will need a chanting voice. A chanting voice is a voice that is strong, separates syllables clearly, talks neither too fast or too slow, and speaks rhythmically. You will need a strong voice for the chant that will follow. You must also pronounce all the words of the chant correctly.
Lastly, you need a fox nearby. Wild foxes work best, however, tame ones will work as well. The type of kitsune you will be (e.g. arctic fox, fennec fox, red fox, etc.) depends on this step, unless you are a born kitsune, in which case your species will already be chosen. You will also need the ability to howl like a fox. I recommend Googling this, but, long story short, a fox howl is like a short and high-pitched wolf howl.
To begin the turning, you must speak this chant after memorizing it outside during either the light of a full moon or during a storm:


Nature, essence, come to me,
A kitsune I must be.
13 elements, join your forces,
Change my life's predicted courses.

Kaze, Chikyu, Kasai, Kawa,
Umi, Jikan, Kukan, Yama.
Mori, Ongaku, San-da,
Tengoku, Se-i-shin.

I call upon the natural forces
Change my life's predicted courses.
Nature, essence, come to me,
A kitsune I must be!
[Fox howl]


You may feel no effect at first, but do not worry. The turning will only be completed during the next full moon if you used a full moon for your spell or the next storm if you used a storm instead.
However, there are certain symptoms for the turning. If you do not experience any of these in the week after chanting, you will know either that you are a Keshiksune or you simply chanted incorrectly. Remember; you will continue experiencing most of these symptoms throughout your kitsune years unless you choose a strength against one of them.
- Having a strange sense of déjà vu whenever you enter the forest
- The longing to run off into the forest and never come back
- Developing a slight hunting instinct
- Discovering heightened senses in strange ways, such as hearing sound through a closed window as if it was open or having dreams that turn out to become reality
        - When running, feeling like you are skimming the ground or even flying
- Having a strange, inexplicable sense of empathy for foxes and similar creatures
- The ability to "feel" fox ears and a tail while human
- Waking up in the middle of the night as a fox
- Sharpening canine teeth and unnaturally growing and sharpening nails
        - Uncontrollably acting like a fox
- Seeing in the dark especially well
- The desire to eat meat
- Frequent headaches
- Being provoked easily and experiencing stronger emotions
- Sensing a slight mental buzz when you are near one of the 13 elements
- Foxlike facial features


© 2017 Nikko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter sets the tone of the book, it explains the steps of becoming of Kitsune. You state all the items and the chant needed to trigger the change and the symptoms that may occur if successful.

My only small issue was that you state "The turning will only be completed during the next full moon if you used a full moon for your spell or the next storm if you used a storm instead." It makes sense that you would use some kind of nature based phenomenon but this is not explained in the steps, is it necessary or just supports the change?

Anyway so far an interesting read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


But what if I don't have a fox? :/

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017


Author

Nikko
Nikko

About
Greetings. I am an experienced kitsune that would like to share my knowledge with all other kitsune (or potential kitsune) around the world. I have this account simply for writing my "13 Elements" se.. more..

Writing
Feeding Feeding

A Chapter by Nikko


Beginning Magic Beginning Magic

A Chapter by Nikko