Beginning Magic

Beginning Magic

A Chapter by Nikko
"

As a kitsune, you must, at one point, practice magic. A non-magical kitsune is no kitsune at all.

"
Kitsune can practice many forms of magic, all of them being very powerful when mastered. I will begin with listing the powers that Kitsune are naturally born with, such as illusion, foxfire, and possession.
- Immortality: Kitsune can live up to 900 years unless killed. During this span of time, a kitsune will grow a new tail each century. A kitsune cannot disguise their tail or ears unless they use magic.
-Illusion: Kitsune are innate illusionists. To them, illusion is just as real as anything around them. For example, if a kitsune creates a snake, it creates a snake that can bite and kill.
- Realms: Kitsune can create small pockets in reality that are connected to the spirit realm. Only nine-tails can create full realms, so beginners may be able to create a small burrow under a floorboard.
- Mind control: Kitsune can dominate those around them using a form of enchantment. Using mind control, a kitsune can cause the target to see anything the kitsune wishes. If particular strengths are chosen, such as Death Wish, a kitsune can cause the target to do anything they command!
- Foxfire (Kitsune-bi): Kitsune can produce fire or lightning while rubbing their tails. Kitsune can create small balls of fire and use them as lights, thrown weapons, or playtoys.
- Possession: Kitsune can possess targets by taking over their minds and bodies, sometimes out of sheer necessity.
- Shapeshifting: A kitsune can transform into anything covered by the 13 elements, which means they can become trees, forests, rocks, water, or other people. However, kitsune are vulnerable to whatever can harm their chosen form.
- Kitsune Ball: Kitsune can create small balls of focused power. These balls are small, white spheres, and are a focus for kitsune abilities, They can also be used as toys.
Kitsune can study any field of magic. However, a major drawback is that to use any form of magic, a kitsune must either draw the energy from a  source of power or from themselves. Unlike mortals, kitsune weaken when they draw off of their own energies, which do not replenish under their own power.
- Akashic: With the magic of chi, or essence, a mage can see auras and sites of power, plus  manipulate, draw on, or expel chi. However, Akashic magic is not truly powerful unless it is combined with other magics.
- Feng Shui: This is the study of Geomancy. Sites of power and leylines are a large part of this magic. Using it, a kitsune can find out the best way to build on a site, create a location of power, or gain the ability to tap into a leyline or nexus.
- Ju-Fo: This is runic magic. Using it, a mage can write or call out words of power to create a magical effect.
Kitsune follow the oriental elements, and as such are tied to the elements they represent. Though a kitsune can not study any elements besides their own unless they choose the Elemental strength, they can become very powerful in their field of magic.
1. Wind: With this study, kitsune can create winds, cause tornadoes, and influence weather patterns.
2. Earth: These kitsune can move rocks, transmute minerals and physical objects, and build things.
3. Fire: This is a kitsune's specialty. They can create and control fire.
4. River: This is a life-giving power. A River kitsune can create water or control the creatures that live in it. River kitsune can heal others with their element and bring life to things around them.
5. Ocean: This is a cousin to River but on a larger scale. Ocean is where kitsune can cause very strong storms, flooding, and tsunamis. Very strong mages can conjure up creatures from the depths.
6. Forest: This element allows for the control and manipulation of plants, trees, and the creatures of the forest.
7. Mountain: This magic controls the mountains and those that live in them.
8. Thunder: Similar to Wind, a mage can throw lightning, create storms, and form shields of energy.
9. Heaven: This is the power of magic and the heavens. Using this element, a mage can teleport and call upon creatures of magic.
10. Void: This element is the darkest form of magic. Using it, kitsune can cause blights, drain life, summon creatures of darkness, slip into shadows to vanish, and drain the light from areas.
11. This element allows kitsune to speed up or slow down time, age or youthen targets, and predict future events.
12. Music: This is the control of sound and music. With this, kitsune can sing effects that are very similar to spells.
Now you know what you are capable of. If you focus hard enough, you will be able to start with elemental magic and move on to other fields of study if you choose the Bewitching strength. The more tails, the stronger you will get. However, if you don't want to use magic, don't become a kitsune. As I always say, a non-magical kitsune is no kitsune at all.


© 2017 Nikko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on June 11, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017


Author

Nikko
Nikko

About
Greetings. I am an experienced kitsune that would like to share my knowledge with all other kitsune (or potential kitsune) around the world. I have this account simply for writing my "13 Elements" se.. more..

Writing
Becoming a Kitsune Becoming a Kitsune

A Chapter by Nikko


Feeding Feeding

A Chapter by Nikko