The Lifestyle of a Kitsune

The Lifestyle of a Kitsune

A Chapter by Nikko
"

Being a kitsune also consists of dressing, living, and eating like one. If you ignore this step, you may not only feel uncomfortable but even lose some of your power!!

"
The lifestyle of a kitsune is very different from that of a human. You have to dress, live, and eat right. Of course, some elements have different requirements than others, but in general, most kitsune act the same. You can even learn to find out who is and who isn't one by watching their actions!
If a kitsune wishes to hide their magical identity, they must disguise their tails and ears. This feat is hard to accomplish if a kitsune is below five tails, so many kitsune ask higher ranks to hide their fox features when in human form.
A kitsune can only pass as a normal fox for about a century. After that amount of time, they grow a second tail and it becomes obvious that they are a kitsune. However, because kitsune are more or less common, they are usually treated like any other fox in their natural habitat.
Let's start with what you must wear as a kitsune. Since most kitsune are, in fact, female, I will begin by explaining a female's style of clothing. However, all year round, both genders of kitsune usually wear short sleeves, throwing a jacket over their shirt during the colder months.
Female kitsune like to wear shorts, skirts, and skorts in the summer, while usually refusing to wear anything other than leggings in the winter. Clothing designs should be simple for a kitsune to truly like them. Females like to have relatively short hair but also enjoy pulling it up into simple ponytails or braids.
All kitsune like wearing comfortable clothing, so it is no surprise that they only really wear sneakers, sandals, flip flops, and comfortable boots in the winter. If, by rare occasion, a kitsune comes across a pair of comfortable flats, they will wear them too.
Kitsune believe in everything natural, so females usually wear little to no makeup, though they like to wear simple jewelry, such as necklaces with small charms on them, unnoticeable earrings, and simple bracelets. Sometimes a kitsune's bracelet will even be a rubber band, but it is easy for a female to get attached to a certain piece of jewelry which they will eventually wear each day.
Male kitsune wear shorts in the summer and pants in the winter. They don't wear anything fancy unless there is a special occasion that they must dress up for. Males rarely wear anything other than simple, inexpensive sneakers.
As you may already know, every element has its own color. Kitsune like to stick with those colors but slightly mismatch them for the sake of not looking absolutely perfect each day, which all kitsune loath doing.
- Air's colors are white and pastel colors
- Earth's colors are dark green and brown
- Fire's colors are orange, red, and yellow
- River's colors are all shades of light blue
- Ocean's colors are all shades of blue, turquoise, and green
- Time's color is whatever the kitsune knows will represent them that day
- Void's color is black
- Mountain's colors are all shades of gray and brown
- Forest's colors are all shades of green
- Music's colors are the colors of the rainbow
- Thunder's colors are navy blue, gray, and black, with the occasional white or yellow streak
- Heaven's colors are white, light pink, and cream
- Spirit's colors are all shades of purple

          You should also somewhat dress like your fox. For example, red foxes can wear orange, fennec foxes can wear yellow and cream, arctic foxes can wear white, and so on. Dressing like your fox gives most kitsune a sense of security and being who they want to be.

          Next, you'll need to know how to decorate your room. I recommend just doing your personal space because if non-kitsune come over to your house, they may feel uncomfortable and not want to come again. The point of a kitsune room is to make it look like as much of a burrow as possible, but different species of foxes will have different preferences.

          I'm going to start out with the forest rooms. For the species that live in the forest like red foxes, all you have to do is to follow these steps and you'll have an excellent kitsune room.

          Step 1: First off, we all know that burrows are underground, permitting little or no light. Curtains should be closed and yellow-tinted lights can be used for the full “burrow” touch. You can also have an open burrow, in which you open the curtains.

          Step 2: If your walls aren't a natural color like beige or brown, consider repainting them.

          Step 3: Get rid of any extra objects. An easy way to sort out your items is to take away things that don't remind you of nature.

          Step 4: Make your bed look like a burrow all on its own by using blankets and creating a small, secluded hollow with them. You can also make an “open style” bed, which basically means you make the bed what a burrow would be like on the inside. Remember to use as much natural colors as possible!

          Step 5: Buy some natural forest items to complete the look. You can get some leaf-patterned pillows, a bean bag, or anything else that fits. Be creative! You can even try a DIY. A good idea is to change your room with the seasons. In winter, you can add some white snowflakes around the room. For fall, you can make some leaf decorations. You can also open a window for some natural sounds. Again, be creative!

          Next, I'm going to give tips for all the desert foxes. Fennec foxes fall into this category. Some of the steps are very similar to the forest burrow, but some are as different as you can get! Just simply follow the steps and you'll be just fine.

          Step 1: Burrows don't let much light in, if any, so close your curtains and try using yellow lights to make the burrow real cozy. If you don't want that, you can open your curtains, creating an "open" burrow.

          Step 2: A great color for a desert burrow is beige, brown, or gray, so consider painting your walls one of those colors.

          Step 3: Only keep natural objects in your room, preferably related to the desert in some way.

          Step 4: Make your bed look like an “open style” burrow, which means that you can make your bed like a burrow without the walls. Use as much beige, yellow, and brown as you can for your blankets.

          Step 5: Buy some desert items to make your burrow look even better. Desert foxes don't really need to change with the seasons because the desert doesn't have them, but change the items from time to time. You can also make your own decorations, and don’t forget to open your window for natural sounds. Be creative!

          Lastly, I will explain how to make a perfect room for the foxes that live in the tundra, such as arctic foxes. The arctic burrow layout is quite similar to the forest burrow one, but it looks like it's in an eternal winter. Follow the steps, foxes of the tundra, and create a perfect room!

          Step 1: Your burrow must be dark, which means you should close all of your curtains. However, keep some lights on to replicate the glare of ice, but if you don't want to have artificial light, you can keep your windows open instead, creating an "open burrow" space.

          Step 2: If your walls are not painted white or light blue, consider it. The color will really make your burrow look great!

          Step 3: Try to only keep objects in your room that relate to the tundra. It simply wouldn't make sense for an arctic burrow to have forest items.

          Step 4: Arctic kitsune prefer “open style” beds, which means that their bed looks like a burrow without the walls. Make sure to keep your bedsheets white and light blue!

          Step 5: Buy some winter decorations to complete your burrow and try fitting in some DIYs. Christmastime is a perfect time to go shopping for these decorations! Don't forget to occasionally switch out the items in your room. Try opening one of your windows for “natural” sounds.

Kitsune have certain beliefs that a turning kitsune, or a kit, should follow. A kitsune must never lose these beliefs,

1. Kitsune aid each other, helping their clan and showing a united front. Even Guardian kitsune will prefer to drive out a Nogitsune instead of killing them.

2. Kitsune respond to what they see others doing around them. If they do not like what they see, they will aggravate the situation. If they are treated kindly, they will go out of their way to help a friend, but if they are not, they will become very spiteful.

3. Kitsune try to follow their promises and words of honor. A kitsune's emotions are a weapon against them, for if they are overpowered by sorrow or guilt, it may be strong enough to kill them.

4. Kitsune do not accept unwilling charity. Those who wish to help kitsune must do so out of their own free will. Kitsune are loath to ask for help and will not accept that which is not freely given.

5. Kitsune are very emotional and vengeful creatures, losing their temper at the slightest provocation. Once someone has earned a kitsune's enmity, they will begin enacting revenge that can become quite extreme. On the other hand, those who have earned a kitsune's friendship will view their trust and loyalty through many trials.

6. Freedom is very important to any kitsune. They do not accept being forced into something they do not wish for and do not like being bound or trapped. Doing so weakens the kitsune and is frowned upon by others.

  Now on to eating like a kitsune. It's really quite simple-- eat a lot of meat with, of course, some fruits and vegetables, and don't forget also feeding on essences! If you follow all of these instructions, you'll be well on your way to becoming a full kitsune.



© 2017 Nikko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 12, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017


Author

Nikko
Nikko

About
Greetings. I am an experienced kitsune that would like to share my knowledge with all other kitsune (or potential kitsune) around the world. I have this account simply for writing my "13 Elements" se.. more..

Writing
Becoming a Kitsune Becoming a Kitsune

A Chapter by Nikko


Feeding Feeding

A Chapter by Nikko