Ch.4

Ch.4

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady
"

You know, more of my story.

"
          Morgana shook off her thoughts of Merlin. He`s a tool, nothing more. She thought savagely, yet it wasn`t true. Gulping softly, she shook her head and walked off, headed to the great hall for lunch. Uther Pendragon, the king, expected her.

          Arthur was lounging back in his chair. He watched and listened as the court members talked over lunch. The beams of sun flashed through the curtains and stained glass windows. Glancing off to his left, he saw Gwen standing there, ready to help with anything that came up.

          Uther stood up, smiling. As he started to speak, he clapped his hands for attention. The court listened as their king announced that there would be a recreational joust in a few hours, and that they should not miss it. Then he allowed the luncheon to begin. Everyone dug in, chattering and laughing. Then, Morgana, sitting across the table from Uther and Arthur, smiled.

          Morgana was not the slightest bit hungry, and simply nibbled at her food. The talking interested her more. Much more. The court had much to talk of, including war plans. The rival King Cenred was in league with Morgause. Morgana had known this for a long time, because part of their plan had been wooing Cenred.

          Two hours had passed, and Uther stood, dismissing them. As Morgana stood, she felt lightheaded. Tiredness and heat rolled over her like a wave, and she swayed slightly. By some miracle, she held her composure, and managed to get up the stairs without incident.

          Pulling the door open, she walked into the cool, dark silence of her room. Stepping forward gladly now, Morgana sat down heavily on her bed. As she closed her eyes, welcoming the blackness, someone knocked softly at the little door. The only way to get to that door was through a tiny, little known staircase. Standing, she wondered who it was. Still tired, she swayed as she paced forward, opening the door to find Merlin.

          "Merlin! I didn`t expect you to come here." Morgana said, blinking blearily. In reply, Merlin grinned apologetically.

          "I saw that you didn`t look well. I thought you might want some help." He said softly, starting to back away. But, for some reason that neither understood, Morgana reached out and took his hand. Her soft, cool skin felt lovely to Merlin, soothing after all the rough rags and tools that he had been handling. Then they moved into her room. Morgana gasped weakly, and groaned. Slowly, her knees gave way, and she collapsed to the floor. The last thing she felt before fainting was Merlin`s hand against her forehead.

          Then, worried, Merlin pulled her into his arms, and lifted her onto the bed. Sitting down next to her, he watched her eyes darting behind their sockets. His worry showed clearly on his open, honest face. Standing again, he raced off to get Gaius. He knew that Morgana would need it.


© 2010 Arya_the_elven_lady


Author's Note

Arya_the_elven_lady
Review, please!

Sorry, it`s a short chapter. But I have expanded it from the previous version.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

For the length if you feel more is needed, even some more detail on what went on the luncheon would fill a gap though you already gave great detail there. I dont really think it was too short, only that it was so good we want more!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Again I say, it might be too short. I think that it's great and seriously legit (which means it's epic enough for me to say legit) and I think that you can go in so many directions and I definitely want to know what it's all about, but I think you need to expand it.
PBP

Posted 13 Years Ago


He's a tool nothing more....really interesting I love it. Nice job really interesting and cute lol! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Too short, if I should say so myself. It didn't have enough. I'm kind of disappointed in this one, I'm super sorry to say. Expand this one, send me a read request, and then I feel like my review will be more helpful.
PBP

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 6, 2010


Author

Arya_the_elven_lady
Arya_the_elven_lady

Cleveland, OH



About
I am a young girl who is happy to chat. I love to write, so please comment on my stories/poems. I hope you will be my friend. In honor of Loraine: If you have a true friend, copy and paste this in.. more..

Writing
Ch.1 Ch.1

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady


Ch.2 Ch.2

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ch.5 Ch.5

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady