The Wilderness Chapter 9

The Wilderness Chapter 9

A Chapter by Steve
"

Travis takes his captive to his secret cabin in the wilderness.

"

                                           Chapter 9

 

Travis knows that the cabin where he plans to bring Alex is nearly a two hour drive from the city of Dunlap.  The cabin was built originally as a hunting shack and is on a property owned by a friend of Travis’.  Travis and several friends from high school use this small cabin when hunting a few weekends every season usually in November.  The cabin is bare bones but is actually comfortable and features electricity although no running water.  The cabin is only a one room style and has no bathroom.  There is however an outhouse 25 feet away from the back door.  There is some basic furniture in the cabin and the three windows on the cabin have shades on them since the hunters usually like to sleep in after a long night of card playing and beer drinking.

 

Travis and three of his friends, including the landowner on which the cabin exists, built the cabin on weekends over a busy summer about five years ago.  The four guys now use the cabin only sparingly since several of the friends are now busy with family, or just are working too much to put the cabin to use.  The last two years have seen very little activity at the cabin.  Travis has even thought that maybe the friends will put the cabin up for sale if it doesn’t start to get used more.

 

The place will be perfect for me right now!  Especially this summer! Travis thinks as he gets closer and closer with his unwilling passenger Alex.  I just hope that no one else shows up!

 

A lovely lake is walking distance from the cabin down the slope a bit, and the cabin is almost hidden from all the many pines surrounding it.  This is a perfect place to hide out for anyone who wants to get away from the stresses and pressures of city life. 

 

Travis is at this point surprised at how calm Alex seems to be.  He has kidnapped her and is taking her away from her life under the threat of doing her bodily harm, yet she seems somehow calm about it all.  Can this be?  Or is she just biding her time to try an escape?

 

Well, Travis thinks, the cabin is a very far distance from anything that even appears to be civilization.  The idea of her running away after we get there seems ridiculous!  If she does take off when we get there, I might have to go looking for her to actually rescue her.

 

Travis looks back to see how Alex is doing and notices she has apparently fallen asleep!   Travis then looks at his odometer reading and his watch to try and get an idea of how much further the drive will be.  It will be another 40 minutes or so and Travis realizes that the last store before entering the state forest will be coming up very soon.  So the supplies that he will need will have to be purchased there and the fact that Alex seems to be taking a mid afternoon nap is perfect. Of course, Travis’ luck has not been good for the last several days, so he assumes that Alex will wake up before he can take care of a visit to a store and the pumping of some gasoline.

 

A few minutes later Travis sees the store coming up on his left and he is about to signal to turn into the large lot when Alex says out of nowhere, “Can a girl be allowed to use the bathroom?  Or will you shoot me if I try to leave your masters presence?”

 

Travis can’t help but laugh at the fresh comment after over a half hour of complete silence in the truck.   I don’t even own a gun!   Travis looks in the mirror back at Alex and notices she also is smiling.  “Of course you can use the restroom.”  Travis says simply as he looks for an out of the way parking spot at the back of the store.  “Just don’t try anything.”   

 

Alex just responds with a shrug and the comment, “What would you do to me anyway?  I know I could outrun you easily.”

 

Travis can’t help but smile again.  She isn’t making this easy.

 

Travis opens the passenger door and quickly unties her wrist and legs.  Alex grins and rubs her wrists, then hops out and curtsies to him mockingly. "Thank you master." Alex rolls her eyes and walks away to the store.

 

Travis shakes his head What have I gotten myself into?  “Don’t try anything!!" he yells out

toward Alex.

 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard you the first time." She opens the door and immediately asks the clerk for the whereabouts of the ladies room.

 

Travis is again surprised as Alex goes to use the restroom as she said she would, and then she starts to do a little looking around in the convenience store as he gathers needed supplies and pays for his gas.

 

Travis enters the store intending to pick up some needed supplies and snacks. 

 

Moments later Alex comes out of one of the grocery isles and sees Travis paying and walks behind him and says,  "Well I guess I’m just gonna head back to the truck and bind my legs and wrist myself!"

 

Travis's eyes widen in concern and clerk suddenly looks at them both oddly.

 

Alex laughs and taps Travis shoulders "We like to play it kinky don’t we babe?"

 

Travis just grins uncomfortably as she walks out of the store.

 

"You have a wild one don’t you?"  The clerk asks slyly.

 

Travis rolls his own eyes, "No, just a smart a*s one." Travis takes the bags of groceries and supplies and heads out of the store.

 

"Well way to almost blow our cover." Travis says to Alex when getting back into the truck.

 

Alex smiles and shoves her wrists together in front of his face, "Almost." 

 

Travis ties Alex's wrist and legs again.

 

                             



© 2011 Steve


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like Alex. She is funny. I like her curtsy and her comment that made the clerk look skeptical. Your comment abt her being a smart a*s was funny also.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story seems so real, it's very interesting so far!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2011


Author

Steve
Steve

NV



About
I am a new writer here. I want get this stuff out of my head and put it online!! I find a great release to let go of intense, deep thoughts. I like to write stories and I have collaborated.. more..

Writing
Feeling it Feeling it

A Story by Steve