The Stall

The Stall

A Chapter by Nathan Weaver
"

Nathan and David take care of business, but Nathan gets a little carried away.

"

 

INT. PUBLIC BATHROOM. DAVID and NATHAN enter bathroom. NATHAN heads for the stall, DAVID washes his hands.
 
NATHAN
I gotta go take a dump.
 
DAVID
Okay.
 
NATHAN
(from the stall) Yep, here comes the dump truck!
 
DAVID
Nathan, I get the point. Just get it over with.
 
DAVID finishes drying his hands and leans against the wall waiting for NATHAN. ENTER MAN 1.
 
MAN 1
(to DAVID) Is there somebody in the stall?
 
DAVID
Yeah, he’ll be out in a second.
 
NATHAN
(from stall) Oh, sweet carnage! That reeks! Do you smell that out there, David?
 
DAVID ignores NATHAN.
 
NATHAN
Oh, that is fierce! Seriously, David, do you smell that? You smelling that fart smell out there? Be thankful you ain’t in here. That is brutal! 
 
AWKWARD PAUSE.
 
NATHAN
Good grief! David, you smelling that? You smell that fart smell? This is insane! I bet you can smell it out there, but you just be thankful you aren’t in here. Oh, my! Seriously, you smelling that fart smell out there? David? Oh, my…
 
DAVID
Nathan! There is somebody waiting to get in there. Shut up and finish.
  
NATHAN
Oh, really?
 
DAVID
Yes.
 
NATHAN
Is it you?
 
DAVID
No!
 
NATHAN
Oh. (beat) Do you know him?
 
DAVID
No.
 
NATHAN
Do I know him?
 
DAVID
How should I know?
 
NATHAN
Right, good point. Well, just give me second. I’m almost done.
 
AWKWARD PAUSE.
 
NATHAN
Oh, sweet carnage! What a smell?! Seriously, you smelling that? Give it some time. I’ll waft it to you. Smelling it, yet? It reeks, doesn’t it? Good grief. (continue adlibbing, if necessary)

DAVID
(to MAN 1) Good luck.
 
DAVID exits the bathroom.
 
NATHAN
You smelling it, yet? David? David?
 
MAN 1
Your friend left. 
 
NATHAN
Oh… (beat) so you’re the guy waiting?
 
MAN 1
Yeah.
 
NATHAN
Do you know me?
 
MAN 1
Probably not.
 
NATHAN
Oh. (pause) Oh, what a smell! You smelling that new guy? You smell that fart smell?
 
 
END SCENE.

 



© 2009 Nathan Weaver


Author's Note

Nathan Weaver
Actually happened to me--except I was MAN 1 and it was two kids.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I know I shouldn't be hungry again, but...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 4, 2009
Last Updated on February 4, 2009


Author

Nathan Weaver
Nathan Weaver

Rolla, MO



About
Well, I'm not a big fan of writing about myself. Nonetheless, here goes... I work full-time at the Missouri University of Science and Technology as a Video Production Specialist in relation to Distanc.. more..

Writing