Oh, So This is What Total and Complete Blinding Fury Feels Like

Oh, So This is What Total and Complete Blinding Fury Feels Like

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

GRRR!!

"
The twisting hallways seemed impossible to tell apart, but Alex seemed to know them like the back of his hand. Of course he would, I thought nastily. He grew up here, didn't he?

As I pretended to stab him in my mind, Alex had stopped in front of some doors, that, unlike the others, opened without some complex code having to be entered or a card scan being required. When he pushed open the door, sunlight flooded the hall, overpowering the lightbulbs on the ceiling and nearly blinding us. As I blinked the glaring light out of my eyes, Alex seemed to change completely. He threw back his shoulders, and his face assumed a haughty, presumptuous, and confident smirk. He marched out the door and across the field that was swarming with guards, who all just ignored or avoided their boss's son.

With a start, I realized the place was surrounded by an at least twenty-feet tall wire fence, snapping, popping, and glowing with electricity. I knew the first facility had not had a fence, so I guessed either Charlotte had changed the facility, or this was a different building, which would also mean she had several bases.

With a sickening feeling, I realized the latter was more plausible.
Alex strode over to the only openings in the fence; a door that was just big enough to fit a car, and another opening, much smaller, only big enough to fit a person. While the car door was guarded by at least five guards, the person door was only flanked by two, and they snapped to attention as Alex approached.

"Good morning, sir!" both guards practically shouted at the same time, staring straight ahead.

"At ease." Alex barked, and the two relaxed slightly. "Open the door, soldiers."

"I'm sorry, but we can't do that, sir!" the guard on the right replied. Alex's face turned a mottled red.

"Ex-cuse me, solder?! I believe I'm hearing-can it be-backtalk?" Alex flew into a rage.

"We'll need your identification, sir!" Mr. Righty was considerably shaken, and less confident.

"Sorry, sir!" Mr. Lefty spoke. "Just doing our duty, sir!"

"We'll see how you do your duties when you're fired, soldiers." Alex spat, digging out a card and shoving it at Mr. Righty, who passed it under a scanner. The machine beeped, the door slid open, and the card was returned to Alex.

"Sir, I believe Mr. Zucherberg is under lockdown, sir!" Mr. Lefty ventured, glancing at Oliver.

"Do not make men any more angry than I already am, soldier." Alex ordered murderously, pushing his face up to Mr. Lefty's.

"Sir, yes, sir!" Mr. Lefty was sweating, and he hastily moved to let us pass. Mr. Righty shut the door behind us, and we followed Alex the Tyrant as he stormed along the road.

Once we were out of sight, he relaxed, reverting back to himself.

"What was that?" I grabbed Alex's shoulder, spinning him around to face me.

"Alex Zucherberg in Badass Mode." he replied, attempting a joke.

"Not that." I hissed malevolently. "The other thing, you backstabbing, insidious, deceitful, fraudulent, double-crossing, betraying, sneaky, two-faced, dishonorable, perfidious, lying, cheating, misleading, dishonest, disloyal, awful, evil, swindling, two-timing b*****d!"

"Oh. That." Alex said quietly, suddenly finding his shoes extremely interesting. "Look, all I can say is I'm really, really sorry. Whatever you can dish out, I totally deserve, and I can take it."

"Damn straight you'll take it." I snarled. I was filled with a rage, an anger that had reached a level of passion I had not even thought possible. I had trusted him, and taken him in when he was hurt and alone. Then he just goes and screws us over.

I had been tricked. Duped. Lied to.

Betrayed.

The word had a bitter taste in my mouth, and my fury was so powerful, I almost wished he would attack me, just so I would have a reason to rip him to pieces. I had never in my life felt so mad, not even at Charlotte. Sure, I hated her, but she had made no false pretenses of being on my side. No, from the very beginning, she had been honest and truthful about her evil ways, while Alex was on a whole other level. I hadn't suspected a thing as he wove webs of lies around us all, and had followed him like a lamb to slaughter as he had tried to lead us to our deaths.

His little stunts had cost Ella her life, along with whomever else that rat had misled. Ella was dead. Nothing would every bring her back, and I blamed myself. If I had taken a closer look, maybe been more suspicious, I might have seen the fibs, and she would be alive. The guilt and sorrow of her death triggered something I had never done since that day when we escaped; I cried.

For months, I had been the strong, steady one, the one everyone could lean on. I was the rock in the swirling currents of Hell, a.k.a. Life. That lying fink had weaseled his way behind my protecting arms, joining all whom I loved, then stabbed me from behind. Tears streamed down my face, and the wet jolted me out of my trance, forcing me to realize what I was doing.

Screams of "Stop!" and "Adri!" echoed all around me, while my knees pinned Alex's arms to the ground while I went all Chuck Norris on his face. Someone was hurling less than complimentary words at Alex......it was probably me.

Someone yanked me off of Alex's body, which I was proud to say now featured two black eyes, a broken nose, multiple cuts and bruises, a swelling cheek, and bloody gums. I looked up to find Damien, his strong arms cradling my now limp body. He looked confused as to why he was doing it, but when Oliver offered to take over, he adamantly refused, stating, "I should do it."

And that is how we started out. First, I halfway paid attention, and noticed Oliver tried to help Alex walk. Alex quickly shoved Oliver away, growling something under his breath at him. Instead, Jeremy and Peter helped Alex, while Dexter, being too short to help, trotted silently next to them. Sadie and Kate huddled next to each other, quietly and solemnly whispering to one another, their depressed manner so different from their usual giggly chatting.

After that, I pretty much tuned everything else out, all too willing to let someone else be in charge for a change. I was vaguely aware of camp being set up, and soon, everything went black.



© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
Aaaaand there is the snapping point.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alex said he could handle it. After watching the Hunger Games, I could totally picture how Adri looked. Snapping poiint it is. >://

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Added on March 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster