Fight With An Ego

Fight With An Ego

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

Duran and the girl he just met, fight and ultimate soul called an Ego.

"

Arasoi

 

 

Chapter 1-Fight with an Ego

"Why are you here?!" she asked me again. I stared at her not answering, just amazed by her beauty. She really is beautiful. I continued to stare at her like that until her rythmic voice became a demonic one. "I'll ask you one more time! Why are you here?!" That broke my concentration on her and snapped me back to reality. The Tree of Serenity has been cut down or more like attacked. I glared at her angrily.

 

"First! Who are you and what are you doing?!" I yelled at her. Her ruby red eyes narrowed and glared at me. It was like she was peircing my soul with a dagger. It's scary, but I'm not scared by seeing this girl even though she has a huge scythe in her hands. She's just too beautiful....

 

"I am not important.." she said coldly then pointed her scythe to the sky, "What is important are those restless souls...." Restless souls?...What is she talking about? I followed the direction of her scythe to see the white floating lights in the sky. They seemed to circle around the now cut tree laying on the ground. Those are the souls?! And what do they want with the tree of Serenity?! I stared back at the girl.

 

"Okay...What are they doing here?!" I asked her in a stern voice. The girl put her scythe down and flipped her orange hair. I flinched when she did. Everytime time she moves, it's like a work of art was being created. Her red eyes focused on me. So pretty...

 

"Hah....They're the souls of the departed.." she said annoyed by the fact that I didn't know what it was, "If left unchecked, they'll cause a ruckus....They were gathering in this tree. My job here is to collect them..." She stopped and and turned towards the sky. I looked with her. What is that?! The once seperate souls have converged together to create one being, a girl with a long white spear, her hair white as snow. Her body illuminated in a white light and her eyes were empty. It looked as if she wasn't even alive. The orange hair girl snickered and held her scythe in her hands, pointing it towards the being."So they were creating an Ego...I see.." i turned to look at her confused. Just what is going on here?!

 

"What's an Ego?..." I asked her nervous now. I can't believe what I'm seing here. Souls, a strange and beautiful girl, and a thing called Ego? What next?! The girl glared back at me then at the Ego.

 

"It's an ultimate soul...." she said coldly. An ultimate soul?...The Ego let out a blood curdling scream causing us to turn our attention back to it. Ah! That sound is terrible! I never knew there could be such a sad cry! The Ego lifted her spear and got ready to attack and diappeared. I flinched and started to walk back. The girl looked back at me. "Don't move!" What does she mean don't move?! I'm not crazy! I'm getting out of here! I started to move again until I felt a chill down my back. I frozed where I was and turned around to see the Ego staring at me, eyes blood thirsty.

 

"Ah...ah..ah. AAAAHHHH!!" I screamed and started to take off running in the opposite direction from the Ego. The Ego let out that blood curdling scream again and ran after me. I'm going to die! I'm sure of it! Wait! Maybe I can defend myself! I turned around to face the Ego head on. Yes! I can do this! I'll show them whose weak! I took out my sword from its sheath and raised it, pointing it at the Ego. The Ego stopped, smirked and raised its spear and pointed it at me. This was going to be a fight to the end and I'm not about to lose! I let out a battle cry and charged at the Soul. I won't lose! I won't! I'll-- The Ego swung her spear and pierced my right shoulder. I was lifted of the ground. Blood spilling rom my shoulder. ARGH! I dropped my sword and grabbed the spear that was in my right shoulder. The Ego smirked and threw me off the spear, across from it. I fell to the ground with a loud thud. Aah my shoulder, it burns! The Ego licked the blood of it's spear and grinned showing bloody fangs. Alright I'm scared now...I want to go home! The Ego was going to charge at me again. This time it's really going to kill me! I tried to scurry away, but my sword. I can't forget it. It's all over for me now......

 

"Move out of the way!" yelled a rythmic voice. Wait I know that voice..The Ego and I both looked up to see a black figure in the sky. Then I caught a glimpse of the orange hair. It was that girl.! The girl swooped down and swung her scythe. The Ego dogded and raised its spear. "Heh....You're not as stupid as the other ones." Other ones? Wait has she fought these things before?! The Ego charged at the girl swiftly. The girl disappear in a matter of moments. Wait! Where did she go?! Me and the Ego looked up and to see her, Her rosario making sounds as it dangled. She swung her scythe from a distant releasing a half moon light in the shape of the top part of her scythe. Whoa! That's so cool! The light cut the Ego in half and the Ego dispersed into a billion souls. They floated into the air above us. The girl lowered her scythe and took off her rosario. I hadn't noticed until now, but there's a big red jewel in the middle of it. She pointed the rosario at the collection of souls. What is she doing? The red jewel gloweds bright scarlet and a little bell sound was made. I don't get whats going on...Wait! What's happening?! The souls were being sucked into the jewel. Screaming and cries were let out by the souls before they all went into the jewel. When it was over the girl sighed and turned to me. Her ruby eyes were bright red.

 

"What you did was very foolish!" she growled at me. I flinched and started to scurry back. Maybe she wanted to kill me herself! She started to walk towards me with her rosario in hand. What is she going to do with that thing?!

 

"Wait...I.!" I started to say with my hands spread out in front of me. My right shoulder ached in pain. The bleeding has stopped, but it was still very painful. I winced and held my right shoulder. The girl came and bent down next to me.

 

"Hush and be still. I'm only doing this once." she said. She closed her eyes and chanted something swiftly and quietly. The rosario lighted up. Whoa! What is she doing?! It's strange, but I'm not scared even in this situation. I don't think she's gonna kill me. She held the rosario next to my shoulder. A bell went off, the light was gone, and she removed the Rosario. Hey what's this? my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore. I looked down at my shoulder. Everything has disappeared. it's like i've never been attacked at all. The girl stood up and grabbed her rosario and started to take off. Is she leaving now?

 

"Excuse me!" I yelled before she could leave, she turned to look at me. "Thank you for healing me....And can you tell me....your name?" The wind blew and the girl smirked. She lifted her scythe and stared at me with her beautiful ruby red eyes.

 

"My name is..........Rue Desdemonnia." And with that she disappeared leaving behind a collection of black feathers. Well this has been a very weird day. i wonder if I'll see her again. I looked at the sky. It's getting late, I better head back. I got up and started to head out of the forest.

 

End Chapter 1

 



© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet fight! I love the suspense I get when the ego attacked and at a moment you feel kind of hopless. I hope you plan on continuing. Also, very descriptive.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 7, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing