Heaven and Hell

Heaven and Hell

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

Duran is in a difficult situation with his sister Daria.

"

 

        ArasoiChapter 3-Heaven and Hell

 

"Daria!" called Ayame as we entered through the doors to my house. Daria and Denae are my two twin sisters. Daria being the nicer one and Denae has the evil personality. To tell the truth, I think Daria is much prettier. Daria smiled at us as we came into the living room. She wore a pink shirt with a red bow on top and a black leather skirt to match. She wore short, black gloves with white finger tips and a black ribbon worn as a chocker around her neck. Daria stepped towards us and did a small bow.

 

"Welcome home!" she said to me with a smile. Something's different about her.... She turned to Ayame, "Thanks for bringing him home Ayame. It was really nice of you." Ayame bowed politely back to her and returned the smile. I swear it's a love fest in here.

 

"It was no problem at all Ms. Daria." she said politely and then cocked her head to the side. She smiled, "Oh and I love what you've done with your hair." That's what it was...Daria's short hair was normally black, but now its a deep red, a burgundy almost. Her bright yellow eyes got wide then soften into an expression that I've seen many times before. The expression of sadness. Ayame sighed then smiled.

 

"Oh you do huh? That's very nice of you..." she said while putting on a fake smile. I really know what's going on. It's because of her isn't it?.....but I'll ask her about it later, when Ayame is not around. Ayame and Daria continued to stare at each other. A harsh voice interupted the mood.

 

"Oi! Stop it with all the stupid smiling!" yelled my other sister Denae from the other room. All heads turned in her direction to see her leaning against the doorway, her arms folded. Like Daria, she had short hair except hers was black and she had yellow eyes, but they were not as gentle as Daria, nor have they ever been. She wore a dark purple tube top that splits on the side only to be tied together with a red ribbon. She also wore a three layered black skirt and long, black, leather gloves with the fingers open. I narrowed my eyes when I saw her. I reeeeeaaaally don't like her....at all. I turned my head slightly in Daria's direction. Her eyes were dim and her expression was sad. I knew it! It was because of her....Ayame stepped forward and bowed. Even she knew that you had to approach Denae with caution.

 

"Good afternoon, Ms. Denae...." she said quietly, still bowing to her. Daria and I watched Denae to see her reaction. Denae scowled at Ayame and clenched her fists. Daria and I knew what was about to happen. I stood on one side of Ayame, galaring at Denae and Daria stood on the other, with the same expression on her face. Denae spoke.

 

"That's Ms. Kimmaichi to you girl.." she said coldly. Ayame stood there frightened. We all were and we should've been. Next to Ayame, Denae was a good fighter as well. Although she is not very good at healing spells or any magic what so ever. Where she lacks is where Daria makes up for. Daria is good at magic, but can not even swing a sword to save her live. And the worst part is, Denae is 18, so she can use her heart's weapon, her fingers becoming swords. Denae glared at us for coming to help, but hmphed and went back into the other room. All of us sighed.

 

"Hah....Anyway Ayame, would you like to stay for dinner?" Daria asked with a half smile on her face. I bet you that even Ayame knew that even though we were all scared, Daria was the most scared of all of us. Ayame was about to nod her head in agreement until a loud voice interupted.

 

"There is no way that girl is staying! Now kick her out and lets move on with our lives!" Denae yelled from the other room. We heard footsteps going up the stairs to her room all the way in the back of the house. Then slam! Everything got quiet from there. I turned to Ayame.

 

"Sorry Ayame, maybe next time when the demon isn't here..." I said reassuring her. Ayame stared at Darai for approval. What am I? Chopped meat or somethin? Daria nodded her head. Ayame smiled and ran to the door, her dress bouncing around as she did. I met her at the door and let her out. She turned before she left.

 

"I'll see you next time Duran!" she yelled and waved her hand in the air, then turned and ran off in the opposite direction. I always wondered something...Why could I never come to her house? It would be much better than here with the demon, Denae roaming around. Well, I won't stress it. I looked at the sighing Daria who now sat on the couch, her eyes distant. Now is the time to start getting some answers. I sat down beside her. She looked up at me surprised.

 

"Alright...What happened between you two?" I asked her, concerned about her well being. Her dim yellow eyes turned even dimmer as she turned her head away from me. I waited for a response. Her lips parted to speak...

 

                              "Listen to me and listen well Duran....Three things can not be changed...Time....Death....and....somethimes hearts..." she said hesitently. I stared at her in confused. What does she mean by that? I know time is a formidible opponent and Death is immanent, but hearts can alwaysd change can't they? And what does this have to do with anything? I put hand on her shoulder causing her to look at me.

 

"What's that suppose to mean? What does that have to do with anything?" I asked her. Tears started forming in her eyes and she turned away, quick enough to get a whip lash. Just what is going on?

 

"I-it's....nothing." she said quietly. She fumbled with her hands. I stared at them observently. Thats right...why is she wearing gloves? She usually never wears them.....I grabbed her hands in a sudden movement. She stared at me in astonishment.

 

"Show me your hands..." I said sternly. Tears started to form again in her eyes. Then the battle began. She started to struggle, pulling viciously, knocking things over. Vases, glasses and other things were falling. Yet I didn't let go of her hands. She started to kick me in the stomach. What does she think I am? The mask murder? I held her legs down on the couch. Then she did the unthinkable. She pushed all her weight to one side of the couch, making the whole thing tip over.

 

"Aaaaahhhh!" we both screamed as we fell over with the couch. I fell over, further away from Daria and landed with a loud thud. Ouch! She's gonna pay for that! Daria landed on the opposite side from me and started to get up. What is that? Her gloves were in my hand. I guess the came off during the fall. On her hands were black markings in a shape of a circle. A seal...Daria started to cry.

 

"I-I didn't want you to see." she said whimpering in between sentences, "I-I was going to have it removed soon..." I crawled over to her and held her in my arms.

 

"What happened?...."I said sternly. She cried into my shirt.

 

"Denae found out about me becoming an angel warrior in Skylerk." she said into my shirt. Wait...Skylerk? The kingdom of Heaven? She gets to be an angel warrior?

 

"How did you get to become one?" I asked curiously. She stared up at me, eye's puffed, nose runny.

 

"They chose me....for my magical abilities." she cried then continued, "I went to tell Denae because I was gonna leave soon for the intiation....and when i did....she sealed my hands." Of course she would have done that...

 

"You know as well as I do that Denae sides with the demons of Ursenfold." I said gently. Daria nodded.

 

"I know...and with this war betwen Heaven and Hell, people are being divinded." she said quietly. The war. The kingdom of Heaven, Skylerk and the kingdom of Hell, Ursenfold are at war with each other for reasons unknown to us, but it seems that Nerinstard is caught in the middle of it all. I patted her hair.

 

"We'll break the seal...if it's coming from Denae, it's not strong. Even I can break it..." I said. She smiled. I smiled back. She really is sweet. That Denae is so evil. It makes me wonder, why was she even born? I let go of Daria and stared at her. "And one more thing....Good luck Angel warrior Daria..." Daria smiled. We both yawned. I guess this means it's time for bed. Daria stood up. "Oh and another thing..." She turned back to look at me. "Do you know who Rue Desbemonna is?" She made a face, the same one Ayame made earlier. Why is that?

 

"No...I don't.....Alright....I'm off to bed.." she said then waved at me, "Good night Duran, my savior." With that she went off to her room, leaving me alone. Savior huh? I chuckled.

 

"Good night..." I said to myself. i got up and went off to bed.

 

End of Chapter

 

 



© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all, I wish you wouldn't have said the personalities of Denae and Daria in the beginning. The reader can easily infer that from the context below it. It ruined a good surprise.

However, other than that, it is very good, I love the divination and I love the mystery behind Ayame. I wanna know her secret and know who the heck is Rue. I wonder why everyone gets a sad expression.

When you describe the eyes, try giving shape to them, but whatever. I want to read more. Thank you for telling me and thank you for writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 11, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing