Angel Of Nerinstard

Angel Of Nerinstard

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

Duran talks to his friend Ayame Belladonna

"

 

Arasoi

Chapter 2-Angel of Nerinstard

 

I finally made it back to Nerinstard! I stood on top of a cliff enjoying the view of the kingdom. The sky was darker now, so the kingdom looked brighter as all its lights came into view. I laughed to myself and fell back on the grass. I can't believe what just happened to me back there. The image of that girl...Rue Desdemonna came into my mind. She's so beautiful....I wonder where she comes from. I sat up and stared at my shoulder. All the pain was gone now, but the way she did it...it was like magic. She seems strong in the magic department and I stand no chance against her in the fighting department. It's weird she fights as good as Ayame and Shadow and even though I hate to admit it, even Zephyr. I guess when it comes to fighting, I'm probably the weakest one in Nerinstard. Ain't that a stinker.

 

"Duran! Duran!" called a familar voice. I turned around to see who it was. It was Ayame Belladonna, my best frined in this whole entire kingdom and probably my only friend. She ran over to me and plopped down on the ground beside me. I grinned she was looking really pretty today. She wore a short, light blue dress with straps and half cut sleeves and a long, whit flowing skirt underneath it. Ther was a white bow in the back. All this accented her looks very well. Her long brown hair and crystal blue eyes are really something to stare at. I guess that's one of the reasons she's called the angel of Nerinstard. Shepouted her face and I stared in confusion.

 

"What? What's wrong?" I asked her raising one eyebrow, she tackled me. I don't think angels are suppose to do that. I fell to the ground with a thud and she sat on top of me. Alright, right now she looks more like a demon. She grabbed my shirt and started shaking me back and forth.

 

"Where did you go?! Don't you know how long I went searching for you?! Why did you disappear right after the match?!" she ranted in a series of questions. The match thats right. Those people who laughed at me calling me weak. Now I remember why I came to the forest, but so many things have happened that I completely forgot. Guess I have to go back again tomorrow. The match went something like this....

 

Flash Back

 

"Zephyr, I challenge you to a deul!" I yelled at Zephyr Wolf, my arch nemesis. Zephyr turned and chuckled.

 

"You challenge me?" he laughed and broke out into a laugh. Others who were overhearing laughed along, making the pain worse. Ayame took a step in front of me and pouted her face.

 

"Don't you dare laugh at him!" she yelled at them shielding me from everyones view. Everyone stopped. No one ever went against the angel of Nerinstard. Not only was she pretty, she was also a good fighter, even better than Zephyr. Zephyr looked intrigued and a smile broke out on his face.

 

"Well if it isn't the angel of Nerinstard, Mrs. Ayame Belladonna!" he yelled. Ayame stood her ground in front of me and put a hand on the sheath of her sword. He walked over to her and lifted her face to meet his. "Fine then. I'll grant the boy his wish, but...if I win you'll have to go on a date with me." Ayame flinched and pulled back.

 

"Fine! Duran is gonna beat the stuffing out of you!" she yelled. Well at least I know one person has confidence in me...Zephyr laughed and so did everyone else.

 

"Oh really now! Then we shall see then! En guard!" he said as he took his sword out from it's sheath. Normally, he would have drawn his two swords, since he has mastered the two sword style, but it is a rule in the kingdom, that anyone under the age of 18 could use their hearts weapon. Ayame's is a giant sword and everyone has others. Me, I don't have one or I don't know what mine is yet.One of the two. I grabbed my sword from it's sheath and Ayame stepped back on the sidelines. I have to win for her sake. We held our swords at our sides and got ready to fight. I charged at him.

 

"AAAHHH!" I screamed as I raised my sword and swung it at him. Zephyr dogded it and moved to the side quickly, then swung his sword at me. I dodged only to be grazed by the sword and fell down on the ground and tumble. Zephyr ran and tried to pierce me with the sword, but I rolled out of the way and got up on my feet. That was really close! The next time he might kill me! I can't let that happen! I held my sword close to me and charged at him again. Ayame's eyes widened.

 

"No don't!" she screamed out to me but I wouldn't listen. Zephyr raised his sword and started to chant something quietly. What is he doing?! I better hurry up with this attack! His sword turned green and started to glow. He's using an attack spell. Then I'll have to use mine. I chanted something swiftly to make my sword glow red. It's not powerful, but it might do the trick. Then he charged at me, his sword glowing and we both attacked. Our swords connected and there was a big explosion. Dust started to form and the fight disappeared from everyone's view. I fell back from the explosion and landed on the ground. Zephyr raised his sword and pointed it at me.

 

"You lose boy..."he said. I stared at him bewildered. I lost?....How can that be?....The smoke cleared and everyone saw the ending result. Ayam gasped and everyone laughed. I couldn't even look at Ayame at this point. I was so ashamed. With tears in my eyes, I ran off the scene and into Nerrigne's forest.

 

End Flash back

 

"I went to cool off, that's all...." I told Ayame quietly. She let me go and my head hit the floor. Ouch! She looked at me, with her sad blue eyes. Why is she looking at me like that?

 

"If that's all it was, you shoud've told me...." she said with her hands on her hips. She got up off of me and helped me up off the ground.

 

"Oh yeah, what happened with you and Zephyr?" I asked her curiously. She looked at me confused, then smiled. What happened really?

 

"I ditched him that's all." she said coyly then went to the edge of the cliff with her hands behind her back. I smiled, she always had her way of doing things. The image of Rue came back to mind. Maybe she knows who she is?

 

"Hey Ayame...." I said to her. She looked at me concerened.

 

"Yeah what is it?" she asked curiously. I looked at her seriously.

 

"Do you know a girl named Rue Desdemonna?" I asked her seriously. She flinched and gave an ackward stare. What is that all about? Does she know her? She looked up at me, sweats falling down her forehead.

 

"No....I don't." she said quietly. She grabbed my hand and started to run. "Come on! I'll take you home!" We left the cliff and entered Nerinstard.

 

End chapter



© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You didn't tell me you had another chapter up. But hey, this is pretty good. I love the flashback, however when Ayame pouted, you should probably expand on that so you have a better description of her features, like her nose, her lips, ya know like when she flinched, how did she flench.

It was funny when she said she ditched Zephyr. That made me chuckle. And the best part is that I still don't know the entire plot yet. Always keep me guessing. I love that and I like the secretcy Ayame had in her voice. She sounds like a bubbly chick.

I'm quite interested in seeing more of Duran's personality and I'm interested in finding out who that Rue girl is as well. She sounded pretty cool. Oh, and the weapons are very cool. Kind of reminds me of Bleach. I would love to read on. Continue please!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 8, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing