Crying Hearts

Crying Hearts

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

�Just get to the point!� My anger seeped out. I couldn�t take it anymore. She�s toying with me.

"
Arasoi

Chapter 11- Crying Hearts

"Rue��what is happening with you?" I asked myself while sitting on the cold dark stone in the middle of the insensible forest. Everything was silent now. Not a whisper from the wind or a crunch from a leaf. The only sound that was made was my shallow breathing but even that was barley heard. Rue I don't understand what's going on. Why do I have the urge to protect you and to worry about you? The last sentence that her lips parted to say kept ringing in my head like buzzing sirens. I have to go�.. I have one more ego and ten souls to collect�.Goodbye Duran and even though I did not want you to�I appreciate you trying to help me�.What did she mean by that? I have a feeling that its something that will cause problems in the future�.Crunch! The leaves crackled beneath sudden footsteps that came closer with every wisp of the wind. Crunch! There it goes again, the sound of someone approaching me, but my body does not want to respond. I will forever will be lost in my thoughts�..

"Duran�.Duran it's me Ayame�" a soft gentle voice whispered hesitantly then began a crescendo. "Duran look at me. I have something important to tell you." I did not want to respond to her. She was not the Ayame I knew any more but the goddess Nerringne from Skylerk. All the secrets she kept from me�..all this time�makes me wonder�.does she have any more to hide? She crept up even closer. "Duran!" Finally just to make her cease her yelling, I confronted her. My light brown eyes meeting her crystal blue ones. I wonder�..is this her actual appearance or is it just a cover?

"What is it Nerringne?" I asked, my voice cold as the winter air. She nearly shivered, but looked at me with cold and stern eyes. Almost demanding�.

"Don't call me that. Call me by the name you always called me�.Ayame Belladonna." My face turned cold and hard as stone. How does she expect me to continue on with life after all that's happened? To just call her by the fake name she once used? I don't know if it can go that way anymore�.

"I can't�.that's not your name anymore�.Nor I don't think it ever will be��" My body lifeless as the reality of my words pierced my heart. My one and only friend betrayed me as well. What more does this world have for me to look forward to? My eyes darted away from hers, disgusted by what I saw�."Anyway what do you want with me? I don't want to be bothered as you can see�" I felt the venom as I hissed the last sentence. Tensions flared within the forest. Silence was welcomed and in my tangential view, I could see her body stiffen. I can't take this anymore! As quick as lightning, I stood from the rock and began to glide passed her. My pace quickening with every step.

"Do you want to know where Rue is?��" her voice so quiet that I almost couldn't hear it. My body stiffened from the sound of Rue's name. Rue? Why does she know where she is? I came to a halt and slowly turned to her, my eyes wide and shaking.
"What?��What did you say?�.." the words fell off my tongue. Surely she wouldn't know where she was at this very moment, would she? Slowly, she turned to me, her eyes showing something that I had not seen from her��ever��Sadness, Confliction, Anger, all of them were combined into one.

"I said, do you want to know where Rue is?" The question seemed to command silence. I turned fully around, now interested in what she was saying. She smiled noticing that this information was intriguing to me, but somehow it seemed to make her poignant. I nodded in response and she came towards me. I backed away. "Now I must warn you�..Rue is about to do something very dangerous�.." She snickered seeing that I wasn't in shock. "But you already knew that didn't you?��"

"Just get to the point!" My anger seeped out. I couldn't take it anymore. She's toying with me.

"Fine. I'll show you where she is, but be prepared for what's to come." With that she stood back from me and began to chant. "Allah sume deus lotus�.." What is she doing? Is this a spell? But what kind? I've never heard it before. Better be on my guard. "Malleh someda tohea��" Out of nowhere, large white wings, started to appear on her back and extended outwards, having a certain glow. What is this? She grabbed my hand. "Let's go before its too late."

"Too late?�Too late for what?" We were moving fast through the forest. Our feet not even touching the ground anymore.

"I know this is hard to do right now, but just trust me!" Her white wings flapped viciously as we soared into the sky above. Not even the night could cover the glow of her white wonder. Just where are we going I wonder?

"Why should I?! Your not one to be trusted!" Her hand gripped tightly around mind, her face almost tearing. Was she sad or angry?

"Because�.." Her voice started to fade into the wind, " Because�You want to save Rue right?!" I stiffened. Of course I want to save her, but from what? We kept moving even faster then before. In the distance, sparks of red and lightning were shooting out from all directions. Terrible screams were heard and white balls were floating around the sky. Wait are those Souls? Does that mean Rue is there? Nerringne quickly moved in that direction. "There she is! We better hurry!"

"Right!" We moved as fast as we could until the fighting had stopped and all that was left standing was a tattered Rue. "Rue�." She turned hearing the sound of her name. Her eyes bright crimson, looked up with shock and curiosity. Nerringne landed us a few feet in front of her.

"What are you doing here?!" Rue growled, her eyes flaming brighter than ever. I stood back. Why is she so angry?

"We're here to stop you Rue!" Nerringe's wings retracted as she yelled. I stood there stunned by her sudden outburst. Rue growled again. Nerringne continued on. "You're gonna die Rue�.."

End chapter




© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
Anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For real? OMG! Don't kill her, don't kill her, Ay- I mean Nerringe!

The ending line created a jolt in my stomach. I scooted up to the edge of my seat. Well done.

Although, you have a few typos:

Need a space between Rue and what in the beginning line.

This is a passive sentence, it needs revising: " The only sound that was made was my shallow breathing but even that was barley heard. Rue I don't understand what's going on."

This also needs revising: "Goodbye Duran and even though I did not want you toI appreciate you trying to help me.

I like your use of onamoatopoemia with the crunching of the leaves. And I love the forshadowing line when Duran thinks Rue's words mean something bad will happen in the future.

This sentence is kind of awkward. Maybe delete it or revise it. " I will forever will be lost in my thoughts.. "

Also, this needs revising: " "I can't.that's not your name anymore.Nor I don't think it ever will be" like this "I can't. That's not your name anymore. I don't think it ever will be."

Though, your dialogue is kind of direct, I can feel the emotion within them so keenly, which makes this chapter so fullfilling and entretaining to the reader. I can't believe Nerringe would take Duran to see Rue with all the intention of killing Rue. My God, what a surprise!



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

For real? OMG! Don't kill her, don't kill her, Ay- I mean Nerringe!

The ending line created a jolt in my stomach. I scooted up to the edge of my seat. Well done.

Although, you have a few typos:

Need a space between Rue and what in the beginning line.

This is a passive sentence, it needs revising: " The only sound that was made was my shallow breathing but even that was barley heard. Rue I don't understand what's going on."

This also needs revising: "Goodbye Duran and even though I did not want you toI appreciate you trying to help me.

I like your use of onamoatopoemia with the crunching of the leaves. And I love the forshadowing line when Duran thinks Rue's words mean something bad will happen in the future.

This sentence is kind of awkward. Maybe delete it or revise it. " I will forever will be lost in my thoughts.. "

Also, this needs revising: " "I can't.that's not your name anymore.Nor I don't think it ever will be" like this "I can't. That's not your name anymore. I don't think it ever will be."

Though, your dialogue is kind of direct, I can feel the emotion within them so keenly, which makes this chapter so fullfilling and entretaining to the reader. I can't believe Nerringe would take Duran to see Rue with all the intention of killing Rue. My God, what a surprise!



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 16, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing