The Staff

The Staff

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons

Somewhere in the lower levels of a most unusual mall there exists (or does there?) a modest conference room used by the powerful, if not invisible, if not completely ridiculous leadership of Sandalbrook, a tidy, orderly and in all measurable ways average little berg.
But cracks start to form as a rebel group calling themselves The Staff begin to disrupt the secret cabal's meetings week after week, befuddling those who view their power as absolute and their citizenry as expendable. 
They are about to learn that Power, like PowerPoint looks very different depending on who wields it.  And, like Continental Breakfast, it is only real if those who eat it believe it is more than just a bunch of pastries.
Can The Staff turn the conference-tables on their oppressors as they race through the ancient underbelly of the mall, revealing the secret, troubling history or Sandalbrook?  Can The Elite crush the rebellion and maintain its secret strangle-hold on the town?  Can Thompson sit through two hours of municipal parking review without melting into a puddle on the blue floral-patterned carpet?

----

"Brilliant!  A true delight to experience!  The Office meets The DaVinci Code.  I woke up wondering if Neil Gaiman had somehow hijacked my dreams." -Gray Matter


© 2019 Phillip W Parsons


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have wonderful skills to share with your readers. You know how to capture the curiosity and imagination of them. I like your style Phillip.

Posted 4 Years Ago


"But cracks start to form as a rebel group calling themselves The Staff begin to disrupt the secret cabal's meetings week after week, befuddling those who view their power as absolute and their citizenry as expendable."

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 15, 2019
Last Updated on August 15, 2019