Granders' Reunion

Granders' Reunion

A Chapter by Phillip W Parsons

Something about this reunion feels amiss.  After 10 years, the former friends and employees of Granders Pub have gathered to catch up and reminisce about the good old days. 
Old emotions come to the surface as strange events, eerily similar to those that led to the closing of the Pub, begin to occur.   These parallels invite suspicion among the former comrades, who begin to wonder if there was more to the ill-fated bar than anyone ever suspected.  Perhaps something sinister.
Chad and Laura brought the twins.  Grant brought his famous potato salad.  Wendy and Kim brought a hollowed-out Bible full of joints. 
....and someone brought a baby demon...

"In his typical ethereal fashion Parsons takes us headlong into the all-too-familiar world of bar culture, with all its dirty little secrets.  It is its own brand, or stain and it is illustrated by how much the characters have changed over ten years.  And how they have stayed the same.  Symbolism abounds in this fable-like story of kinship, shared work and common enemies.  Perhaps none as much as the impish brimstone wee-beast that affects everything it touches.  But I've already said too much.  See for yourself."
-I. Nodov


© 2019 Phillip W Parsons


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on September 10, 2019
Last Updated on September 10, 2019