Two of a Kind  ch 5

Two of a Kind ch 5

A Chapter by Potter
"

Lynda and Kevin are on the run now from two men who have been following them.

"
 

~Lynda~  I don't know what else to do! Even though my feet still hurt from the last time I ran, all I can think of doing is running!  I make sure I have my purse and I bolt out of the car not knowing where I'm headed. I assume I'm headed toward the hiking trail near where the woods are.  Maybe I can get out of plain site in the thick greenery of the woods.

 

Once I reach the grass I consider taking off my shoes in order to run faster. But since the terrain could be rough that would not be a good idea. I don't want to stop or hesitate even for a second. I am ready to dodge or jump over or around anything that I need to.  I might even lose Kevin in the process, but that might have to happen to get away safe given the contents of my purse.

 

I hear Kevin behind me and this causes me look around to see him barely keeping up with me. As I see him closer now and I start to pant, I look over his shoulder and notice those two men from the black car. They are both quickly getting out of the car and are coming for us. Where can we hide?

 

 

~Kevin~

Man she’s in good shape. I haven’t run this hard in a long time. I wonder why she is running this fast. Is she running from those guys in the Buick? Who knows?

 

“Why are we running like this, Liddy?” I’m already out of breath.

 

"I'm racing you." she answers between pants.

 

"I can see that, but why? Do you even know where you're going?"

 

"Sure! This is fun!"

 

I doubt that. Narrowing my eyebrows and still trying to catch up, "So then, where's the finish line?"

 

Liddy looks over her shoulder. It's hard to tell if she's looking at me or something behind me. Because of the sunglasses, I can't even figure out what face she's making. All I can see is her eyebrows go up.

 

"That's for me to know and you to find out!" she answers.

 

After finally reaching Liddy, I decide to look back to see if anyone is behind us. I notice that only one man seems to be coming in our direction. He appears to be the man with the camera. But, where is the other man? He seems to have disappeared since he isn’t in the car anymore either.

 

I look ahead again to see Liddy narrowly run head on into a tree. She just faced forward when she yelped and jumped aside it. I want to keep up with her. I feel like she really needs my help. These last few hours have actually been really exciting and I think she seems like the most interesting person I have met in a long time. I want to talk to her. I want to know more about just who she is and what is really going on with her.  I like being with her.  She is cute and exciting and I need some of that in my life.

 

She continues running, weaving through crowds of people and nearly running over small children.

 

Although I am breathing hard, I feel like I had better stay caught up to her or I will probably never see her again since I don’t have her phone number. Before I reach her again I take another look back and realize that the guy with the camera from the Buick is closing in on us. I am about to ask Liddy who this guy is when she turns around, sees him, and yelps! She then runs even more frantically into the deep woods which appear to be steep and treacherous.

 

"Wait!" I yell, "That's not a trail Liddy." She's going to get hurt. If she's not on a path, she could fall over an embankment and end up killing herself. Or, these guys could catch her in a spot where there'll be no witnesses to what happens.

 

I continue after her.  I am following her every step ignoring the underbrush and pushing weak branches out of my way. I am now almost exhausted.

 



© 2012 Potter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the progression of Kevin's feelings for her. I like that he wants to protect her, while Lydia is only using him. The doubt in his mind is very clear. This is a great set up for what can happen next. I would like to see more of what Lydia thinks of him. Is she just using him? Will she wonder why he is sticking with her? The relationship development here could be fantastic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As I see him closer now, I start to pant. corrected sentence.
This is great! Wow, I went to click onto the next chapter and there isn't one! I was really into this story! It's late, i was was totally prepared to stay up even later. I feel like a kid who dropped their ice cream cone-
You are writing more, right? Right???

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the progression of Kevin's feelings for her. I like that he wants to protect her, while Lydia is only using him. The doubt in his mind is very clear. This is a great set up for what can happen next. I would like to see more of what Lydia thinks of him. Is she just using him? Will she wonder why he is sticking with her? The relationship development here could be fantastic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012


Author

Potter
Potter

IL



About
I'm Potter. I own a business and I work outside much of the day. I occasionally entertain the thought of being an author and actually finishing a book. I am here for the writing and not for.. more..

Writing
Two of a Kind  ch 1 Two of a Kind ch 1

A Chapter by Potter


Two of a Kind  ch 2 Two of a Kind ch 2

A Chapter by Potter


Two of a Kind ch 3 Two of a Kind ch 3

A Chapter by Potter