The Little Peace-Maker

The Little Peace-Maker

A Chapter by PrincessBee1
"

Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard is Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Lady Karissa's second child and daughter and she is Duchess of Clarence Territory on Star Base 12.

"
Lady Karissa's Little Peace-Maker
Lady Karissa had five children, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard was her first born child who was born on May 1, 2275 and she is the Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lord Andrew Charles Howard heiress to the Dukedom of Norfolk Territory.
Lady Karissa's second child and daughter is Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard, and she was born on Samhain, October 31, 2276.
Lord Andrew Charles Howard reserved the following territories in his great-great-great-grandfather's name for his great-great-great-great-grandchildren and his second child would receive the Dukedom of Clarence Territory, his third child would inherit the Dukedom of Lancaster Territory, his fourth child would inherit the Dukedom of Kent and his fifth child would inherit the Dukedom of Gloucester Territory whereas some smaller territories were also set aside for his other kin.
Lord Andrew Charles created his father, Lord Charles Andrew Howard, Duke of York Territory as he described his father, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR, the best father ever.
It was true about Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR as he didn't want to be like his father, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and everything.
Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR loved his children and he made sure that he made the best matches for all of his children, but later on he confesses that he made mistake when he married his eldest son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III to Lady Victoria Charlotte Stanhope, the daughter of Lord Victor Charles Stanhope as it never produced one child since their marriage in June of 2251.
Lady Karissa delivers Lord Andrew Charles and her second child, Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard at 5 PM out at Beltane Manor.
Lady Karissa named their second child, Lady Samhain (Gaelic for "Summer Ends), Wilhelmina for her great-great-great-great-grandfather, his middle was William and Charlene named after her paternal great-grandfather and grandfather and she was received her father's surname of Howard.
Lady Samhain was different from her eldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard, as Lady Elizabeth was born with a crown of blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin, and Lady Samhain inherited her maternal grandmother's dark hair, golden skin and blue eyes.
Lady Karissa's nickname for Lady Elizabeth was "Miss Haughty" as she was just like her father, Lord Andrew Charles and she knew one day she would inherit the Dukedom of Norfolk Territory from her father, whereas Lady Samhain was automatically Duchess of Clarence Territory upon her birth.
Lady Karissa gave her second daughter the nickname of Little Peacemaker. She took it from the Beatitudes where it said "Blessed Are The Peacemakers".
Lord Andrew Charles made a wise-crack to Lady Karissa and called Lady Samhain "Saint Samhain'' to Lady Karissa and she looked at Lord Andrew Charles and asked him " Do you know what Billy Joel said about that in his song "Only The Good Die Young?"
They say there's a heaven for those who will wait
Some say it's better but I say it ain't
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun. " Lady Karissa states, "furthermore, Lady Samhain is not a Christian or Catholic and she doesn't qualify for that dubious honor."
"It is apparent you favor our eldest child and daughter, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane, as she helped you to win the title of the Dukedom of Norfolk Territory." Lady Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.
"You favor our second daughter, Lady Samhain." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.
"I love both our daughters as I gave birth to them."
Lady Karissa declares, "I looked at your poor father who had three sons, and not one of you is worth a tinker's damn." Lady Karissa explains.
"I am pretty sure that Lord Charles Andrew JR didn't take after your paternal grandfather, but he may have taken after his maternal grandfather, Lord Richard Churchill." Lady Karissa tells him.
"I didn't know my maternal great-grandfather, as he died in 2248 two years before I was born. My father told me he was a wonderful man and he loved his mother but not his father." Lord Andrew Charles states.
Lady Karissa looks at Lord Andrew Charles as she holds Lady Samhain and near her side is Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane, but she looks at her father and she stays by her mother's side.
When Lord Andrew Charles Howard looks at his eldest child, she reminds of himself when he was her age.
Lady Samhain becomes close to her second cousin once removed, Lord David William Beck II who is the son of Lord David William Beck SR and they share the same great-grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR."
Lord David William Beck II is only one month older than Lady Samhain as he was born in September of 2276 and they grew up together.
Lord David William Beck II great-grandfather is Lord Edwin William Howard, the youngest son of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and his paternal grandmother is Lady Eliza Katherine Beck nee Howard who was a great-granddaughter of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR.
Lady Samhain is not nothing like Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane, her eldest sister and she is not haughty proud, but she is humble, reverent, and she doesn't like conflict.
Lady Elizabeth and Samhain are only 16 months apart in age and they are very close. The only major difference is Lady Elizabeth is drawn to her second cousin, Lord Richard Edward Howard III, the son of Lord Richard Edward Howard II and Lady Suzanne Bell.
Lord Richard Edward Howard III is the grandson of Lord Richard Edward Howard SR and Lady Henrietta Bourbon.
Lord Richard Edward Howard SR and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR were close as they grew up, along with their only sister, Lady Sophia Charlotte who was named after her paternal aunt, Lady Sophia Charlotte Carey nee Howard who was the maternal great-grandmother of Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory.
Lady Samhain turns 16 years old in 2292, and Lord Andrew Charles escorts her to her cotillion in the Grand ball-room at the Ritz Inn in Norfolk Territory for her entrance into polite society.
Lady Karissa dresses Lady Samhain in a white dress and she is wearing the coronet of Clarence on her head.
From the balcony, Lady Karissa and their eldest son, Lord Anthony watch his father escort his sister into the grand ballroom with her on his arm.
Lord Anthony, who is 11 years old, watches all the young men watching his father escorting his older sister on his arm and he tells his mother " I am going to cut any young man into collopes." and he takes out his sword.
"Look at all of these pathetic young men looking at my sister and not one is worthy of her mom." Lord Anthony states.
"Lord Anthony. Lady Samhain has a good head on her shoulders. I don't think she will just pick any suitor out." Lady Karissa tells him.
Lord Andrew Charles walks his daughter on his arm and as they pass by everyone curtsy and bows to him and he acknowledges it as he is the highest peer on Star Base 12.
"Good Evening, Your Grace and how is your Duchess?" One gentleman asks.
"I am well and my Duchess is up on the balcony watching with our son." Lord Andrew Charles tells him and he points to Lady Karissa.
"This is my son, Lord Gerald Hampton." Lord Hampton tells Lord Andrew Charles, "He is looking for his bride tonight."
"My daughter is not on the marriage market. None of my children are." Lord Andrew Charles states, "My wife and I are going to let them marry for love and choose their own spouses." Lord Andrew Charles explains.
Lady Samhain sees her second cousin, Lord David William Beck enter the ballroom with Lord David William Beck II and she smiles " Look dad. Here comes Lord David William Beck and his son."
Lord David William Beck is Lord Andrew Charles first cousin once removed and he walks up to where Lord Andrew Charles is with Lady Samhain and he bows "Good Evening Cousin Lord Andrew Charles and Lady Samhain." Lord David William Beck SR tells them.
"Good Evening Lord David and Lord David William II." Lord Andrew Charles tells him.
"What no Lady Karissa?" Lord David William asks.
"Look up there on the balcony." Lord Andrew Charles tells him and Lord David William SR sees Lady Karissa with Lord Anthony.
Lord David William II walks over to Lady Samhain "Good Evening, Your Grace, Lady Samhain." Lord David William II tells her.
"Good Evening Cousin, Lord David William II." Lady Samhain tells him.
"Dad brought me here as he knew that your father and you would be here." Lord David William II explains.
Lord David William II and Lady Samhain dance every dance together and Lady Karissa smiles as two younger people dance together.
This song comes to her mind "Hello Young Lovers."
Lady Karissa stands up on the balcony and she asks the orchestra to play "Hello Young Lovers" and when they start to play she starts to sing it from the balcony
Hello Young Lovers
"Hello, young lovers, whoever you are,
I hope your troubles are few,
All my good wishes go with you tonight,
I've been in love like you.
Be brave, young lovers, and follow your star,
Be brave, an' faithful, an' true,
Cling very close to each other tonight,
I've been in love like you.
I know how it feels,
To have wings on your heels,
And to fly down the street in a trance!
You fly down the street,
On a chance that you'll meet,
And you meet, not really by chance.
Don't cry, young lovers, whatever you do,
Don't cry because I'm alone,
All of my memories are happy tonight,
I've had a love of my own.
I've had a love of my own like yours,
I've had a love of my own!
I've had a love of my own like yours,
I've had a love of my own! "
All the people attending the cotillion look at where Lady Karissa is singing and they listen to her sing "Hello Young Lovers." (The Song was taken from The King and I the Broadway Musical, but there are many versions of this song and this version is taken from Old Blue eyes and his name is The late Frank Sinatra.
" (The Song was taken from The King and I the Broadway Musical, but there are many versions of this song and this version is taken from Old Blue eyes and his name is The late Frank Sinatra
Lord Andrew Charles and Lord David William SR look up at the balcony and Lady Samhain and Lord David William Beck II keep dancing on the ballroom.
Lord Anthony favors his second cousin once removed, Lord David William Beck II and he smiles and he nods his head at his mom.
Well, in 2292, Lord David William Beck II proposes to Lady Samhain at her cotillion and they agree to marry in a double wedding ceremony with Lady Elizabeth and Lord Richard Edward Howard III.
Lord Charles Andrew JR is overjoyed that his granddaughter is going only to marry his grand-nephew, Lord David William Beck II and his youngest brother, great-grandson and it will bridge the gap caused by his late father, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR when his two granddaughters married the grandson of his middle brother and great-grandson of his youngest brother.
It had always grieved Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR that his father and grandfather tore his family apart.
Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR had a lot more respect for his great-grandfather than he did for his father.
Lady Samhain before she marries Lord David William Beck II explains, " I am sorry but I must retain my maiden name and I only ask that our daughter be given my maiden name as she will be my heiress to my Dukedom of Clarence."
Lord David William Beck II agrees to her terms as he loves no other young woman more than he loves Lady Samhain and he has ever since they were children.
On June 21, 2294, in a double wedding ceremony that is interfaith with Lady Elizabeth being escorted by Lord Andrew Charles and Lord Richard William Carey escorting Lady Samhain up the aisle in the chapel at Beltane Manor.
Lord Andrew Charles gains two son-in-laws and they are his first cousin once removed, Lord Richard Edward Howard III and his first cousin twice removed, Lord David William Beck III.
Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR watches his two granddaughters marry the grandson of his middle brother, Lord Richard Edward Howard SR and the great-grandson of Lord Edwin William Howard.
Lord Charles Andrew Howard stands up in applause as his two granddaughters have brought the family back together and Lord Charles Andrew JR looks up in the chapel and he calls out " Look old man. You have done enough damage to my great-great-grandfather's family."
"It took my granddaughters to repair the damage that your father and you did to my great-great-grandfather's family but never again." Lord Charles Andrew JR exclaims
Lady Samhain and Lord David William Beck don't have their first child until 2300, and she is born on April 30, 2300 and her name is Lady Edwina Wilhelmina Howard and she is named after her paternal great-great-grandfather, Lord Edwin William Howard and she becomes her mother's successor to The Dukedom of Clarence Territory under Lady Samhain's decision to embrace matrilineal primogeniture and in 2310 she gives birth to Lord David William Beck III and in 2315 a daughter, Lady Jeanette Alexandra Beck, named for her paternal great-great-great-grandmothers, Lady Jeannette Virginia Beaufort and Lady Alexandra Churchill.
Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard is the longest surviving child of Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Lady Karissa and she passed away at the age of 94 years old in 2380.
Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard sees her children marry, and she sees her grandchildren be born and her grandchildren marry and have her great-grandchildren before she passes away.
Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard governs Clarence Territory from 2276 until 2380 for 94 years before her daughter, Lady Edwina Wilhelmina Howard becomes Duchess of Clarence from 2380 until 2400, and she governed Clarence Territory for 14 years and died at the age of 94 years old but she was 75 years old when she became Duchess of Clarence Territory and her daughter, Lady Frederica Charlotte Howard who was born in 2330 who marries in 2350, has a daughter, Lady Alexandra Elizabeth Howard in 2355 and it is her daughter, Lady Patricia Frederica Howard who was born in 2380 that succeeds her great-grandmother, Lady Edwin Wilhelmina Howard in 2400.
Lady Patrica is 20 years old when she becomes Duchess of Clarence Territory and she governs Clarence Territory from 2400-2450.
The Territory of Clarence instituted by Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard follows the rules of Matrilineal Primogeniture and only daughters and their female descendants may inherit the Dukedom of Clarence Territory.
Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard was laid to rest in the New Howard Mausoleum at Beltane Manor by Lady Victoria Elizabeth Howard, Duchess of Norfolk Territory who was her great-niece and granddaughter of her eldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victorian Ann Beltane who died in 2360.
Lady Victoria Elizabeth and her husband placed a special plaque over her crypt and it reads "Blessed Are The Peace-Makers for they are the children of God."
"
No one could ever say anything bad about Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard, Duchess of Clarence Territory and Countess of Essex Territory.


© 2021 PrincessBee1


Author's Note

PrincessBee1
This is chapter two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fabulous chapter and I love the novel.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
1 Review
Added on November 2, 2021
Last Updated on November 2, 2021
Tags: NobleHouseofHoward, StarTrek, Englishhistory, Matrilineal primogeniture


Author

PrincessBee1
PrincessBee1

Atlanta , GA



About
My name is Sandra Patricia Wellington I was born in Maryland but lived in Georgia. I am 66 years and a Norse Pagan. I am over at storywrite.com as well as wattpad.com I write Historical Romance S.. more..

Writing