Chapter 4: A New World Order

Chapter 4: A New World Order

A Chapter by Robert J Poe
"

Find your Purpose

"

 

He did not return for a second strike. Long after he vanished, I stood there in a daze as the blood that tinkled down my cheek began to harden. I could not process what had just happened. I seemed to have escaped from the hands of death, for now, yet I was not thrilled. I was able to see the face of the faceless killer that deprived me of my family and friends without regret, yet I did not want to turn him in. I still remember that smile as if he was still here in front of me. I could not understand why he smiled at me, a killer never smiles at his victim who is still alive. Then it hit me. I was the only known person that had ever escaped from this killer, but that is not what amazed me, it was HOW I escaped from him. I let go of my human superiority and became one with the wind and let go of my doubts and fears. I think I understand now, I was not really his victim, I was his student. In his own strange way, this was his way of selecting a special few for a new world order. He is searching for humans who are different from the rest, they have expunged their scornful view on the world and have realized that we are not superior, but equal to every other living and non-living thing on this single planet. I feel a great urge to find other beings who are like me, while our teacher is out clearing the world of the people that will one day destroy it because of their selfish and self-centered views. I continue on with this new day and search among the creatures like me; with the plans of a new world order.



© 2013 Robert J Poe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good so far.
I wish there was dialogue though.
And the scenes are pretty brief, i wish they were longer.
But it's still good.
I'll wait for the rest.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2009
Last Updated on August 24, 2013