Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Rasheem

Blood dripped from Ezekiel like a running faucet however he seemed unconcerned about his wounds that should be fatal. The once cocky blood thirsty prisoners had a new expression on their faces.


“Wha... What are you?” the prisoner standing between his two buddies asked.


“I’m the one asking the questions you three stand there and answer them.” Ezekiel massaged his blood stained beard.


“F**k this! I’m out here.” The prisoner standing to the left of his buddies darted in the opposite direction. Ezekiel stuck his hand inside his torso pulling out a bullet. Then he threw it at the prisoner so fast his arm glitched. The bullet sped through the air as if it were shot from a gun hitting the prisoner in the back of his head. The prisoner collapsed on the ground blood spilling from his head.


“Do you now understand the situation you are in?” Ezekiel said still playing with his beard. The two prisoners looked at their dead friend on the ground wondering what just happened they slowly turned their head back to Ezekiel nodding that they understood.


“Where we are?”


“We in the void.” The prisoner who was afraid but had enough courage to talk unlike his companion who has seemed to lose his voice


“What is the void?”


“The void is where the warden sends us so we can eat for an hour.”


“Eat? If that’s true then why do you have weapons?”

“The void is not just a place where you eat you also have to survive. There are weapons stashed everywhere. In this place its kill or be killed.”


Ezekiel massages his beard much slower now. “So when the hour is up we return back inside the prison?” The prisoner nods his head.


“Could it be that Ozay can only sustain this place for an hour?” Ezekiel thinks to himself.


“So can we go now?”


“No is there alcohol somewhere on this island?”


“Alcohol?”


“Yes booze is there any here?”


“Uh… if you travel deeper into the woods you will come across a flat landscape filled with sunflowers pass that land is a city made of clay. If there is alcohol on this island then it’s probably there.”


“A city made of clay… have you ever been there?”


“No that sunflower field is a deathtrap go there and you will see what I mean.”


Ezekiel smirks “Then how do you know there is a city made of clay?”


“Well I don’t honestly I just heard stories of a city beyond that land. They say if you make it there you won’t be teleport back in the prison.”


“So you’re saying if I make it there I get to live in the city instead of a cell?”


“I don’t want to tell a guy like you a lie I’m only telling you stories I heard from other inmates but yes that’s the word.”


Ezekiel nods his head he looks back at Gabriel who was now sitting up with a face of bewilderment. “OK one last question why did you and your buddies attack an old man and young boy?”


The prisoner looked at his partner who held his head down. “We uh… saw you two and thought you would be easy pickings. We now know that was the wrong move.”


“I appreciate your honesty stranger for that you can go but if we ever run across each other again I will kill you.”


The prisoners turned around and began to run away. “Wait! Not you!” Ezekiel said to the prisoner’s partner. Both of them halted and turned around. Ezekiel walked right into the face of the prisoner who was silent the whole time. “ You did not answer a single question I asked I don’t even know what you sound like.”


The prisoner threw up signs with his hand. “I’m a gang member of the arrow clan I will not allow myself to be belittled by some weird old man!” Those were the prisoner’s last words. Ezekiel hand was in the prisoner’s chest he slowly pulled it out the prisoner screamed until he was breathless. In Ezekiel’s hand was the prisoner’s heart. Ezekiel looked at the prisoner’s buddy he motioned with his head to get out of here and the prisoner did just that.

 

Ezekiel dropped the heart as if it were a pebble and turned around walking back towards Gabriel.

Gabriel stared at Ezekiel who was covered in blood he bent over a tree hurling up everything he just ate.


“Now why did you go and do that I was just about to sit down.”


Gabriel wiped his mouth.

“Ho… How are you still alive?”


Ezekiel grinned “It’s nothing weapons such as guns cannot kill me.”


“Are you a god?”


Ezekiel laughed like he had heard the funniest joke ever. “No I’m not a god. I am what you see before you.”


“Don’t give me that s**t! Look at yourself your covered with holes!”


“Kid relax the wounds will disappear in time.”


Gabriel stood up slowly. “What are you?”


Ezekiel smiled. “I’m an old man that knows a few secrets.”

Gabriel gawked at Ezekiel there must be over a hundred bullet wounds in him even his eye has been shot out to still be able to breathe would have been nothing short of a miracle but this old man is walking talking and laughing like he just merely scraped his knee.


“So… you’re not going to die?”


Ezekiel shook his head “No we need to move this place were in is only temporary we have to find this city of clay if we wish to stay on this plain.” Ezekiel trotted through the forest in a fast pace Gabriel followed closely behind.


“Hey old man could you slow down a bit your moving really fast.” Gabriel wondered how an old man could move so quickly he must be in his late eighties but he moves like a twenty year old athlete and those wounds he’s moving like there not even there.


“No time do your best to keep up.” What was once a fast paced walk now turned into a sprint for Gabriel Ezekiel was only walking quickly but for Gabriel to keep up he had to run at full speed.


Ezekiel stopped once he got out of the forest in front of him was a landscape filled with sunflowers tall as trees. Ezekiel sat down at the edge of the forest admiring what he sees. "This is truly amazing." Ezekiel thought. Sunflowers stretched as far as the eye could see. Panting loudly behind him was a tired and sweaty Gabriel he had finally caught up with Ezekiel. He fell to his knees breathing heavily.


“ Jeez kid I’m going to have to get you into shape we probably have a long way to travel before we get to the city but at the rate you move it will take forever.” After Gabriel took three more deep breathes he looked up he noticed the wounds on Ezekiel’s face had healed. Before Gabriel could say anything everything around them began to change they were once again in a space of changing scenery flashing from white red yellow black all in the blink of an eye. When it finally stopped Ezekiel and Gabriel found they were standing on hard steel behind bars.


“I guess that’s time.” Ezekiel said while walking to his bunk he laid down turning his back.


Gabriel stood still hands still on his knees. “Wait now we back in the prison?” Gabriel looked at Ezekiel who was already snoring loudly. “I’m going to die here.” Gabriel said to himself.

 

 

 

 



© 2018 Rasheem


Author's Note

Rasheem
There is more to come

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writing & your storytelling is getting better & better with each chapter! This is the best writing of yours that I've read so far. I love the way you describe that bullet in the early part of this chapter, flying from the guy's hand -- very realistic sounding & also unexpected. I also feel your dialogue is true-to-life, with back-and-forth questioning between the characters that reflects the way people would really think & react in such situations. If you don't mind, could you read request me on the next chapter when you have it done, or I might forget to continue (((HUGS))) fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rasheem

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much margie! I will definitely send you read requests from this point on



Reviews

Your writing & your storytelling is getting better & better with each chapter! This is the best writing of yours that I've read so far. I love the way you describe that bullet in the early part of this chapter, flying from the guy's hand -- very realistic sounding & also unexpected. I also feel your dialogue is true-to-life, with back-and-forth questioning between the characters that reflects the way people would really think & react in such situations. If you don't mind, could you read request me on the next chapter when you have it done, or I might forget to continue (((HUGS))) fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rasheem

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much margie! I will definitely send you read requests from this point on

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2018
Last Updated on February 26, 2018


Author

Rasheem
Rasheem

GA



About
Finding my way more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rasheem


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rasheem