Shadows Fall

Shadows Fall

A Chapter by Brianna Van Zandt
"

Got the youtube link for the seventh track, Shadows Fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdpXoAPiadI

"

Chapter Four: Shadows Fall

                I was alone in the darkness, only the wooden flute in my hand to keep me company. The darkness was dense, the shadows thick enough to cut with a blade. It was a depressing atmosphere; even the flute that played itself had fallen silent by now. A delicate tune played in my head, but I was almost sure the little sounds were real, something not of my own mind’s creation. I looked around, trying to place the direction from which it came, but the only thing I could find was the light of the carousel just a few meters off. It felt like the shadows were crushing me, like I would suffocate at any minute and fall to the ground, lost beneath the weight of the endless darkness.

                “Janelle.” It was Asher. I felt his hand on my arm, felt him pulling me. I still held the flute close to me, like it was a weapon I could use against the darkness. The lights of the carousel were slowly overtaking the darkness around us, forcing the shadows back. Asher jumped up onto the spinning ride, leaving me in the remaining shadows, which seemed to be reaching for me, lapping at my back, trying to pull me back into their hold. The carousel was slowly fading away again, but I stepped toward it, into the little ring of light the carousel cast on the ground. The shadows wouldn’t trespass into the lighter territory so I was safe, for now. I took Asher’s hand and he pulled me onto the carousel, leaving the shadows behind us.



© 2012 Brianna Van Zandt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh good. glad that he went back for her. i was worried.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aw!! How sweet.. But interesting!!
Keep going :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012


Author

Brianna Van Zandt
Brianna Van Zandt

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
It's been a while since I've been here. I'm now twenty years old, and though my time for writing has dwindled, my passion has not. If anything, it has grown – and made it infinitely more difficu.. more..

Writing