Hall of Mirrors

Hall of Mirrors

A Chapter by Brianna Van Zandt
"

The title explains it, really. A YouTube link will be up in a few more hours.

"

Chapter Eight: Hall of Mirrors

                The general carnival tune that had been playing all night was much louder inside, playing from speakers in the ceiling and behind the warped mirrors. I shook my head, laughing a little at how stupid we looked in each different one. Then the laughing started. It wasn’t just one guy. From the corner of my eye, I caught little glimpses of shadows running around. Some short and fat with gremlin-like squeals for laughter, others the total opposite, tall and muscular with deep growls. They were everywhere.

                “Stay calm. They’re not real,” Asher kept saying. I looked at him and realized his eyes were closed. He was depending on my movements to guide him out, holding onto my arm like he had before. Each time something laughed, he flinched and his hand tightened around my forearm. I saw the end and nudged him a little.

                “Run. The end is right there. Just run,” I said, pushing him forward a little bit. I didn’t have to tell him again. He bolted for the end of the hallway with me close behind. One last laugh echoed behind us and I felt a hand on my shoulder just before I broke free of the Hall of Mirrors, breathing a little heavier than normal after the sprint.



© 2012 Brianna Van Zandt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012


Author

Brianna Van Zandt
Brianna Van Zandt

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
It's been a while since I've been here. I'm now twenty years old, and though my time for writing has dwindled, my passion has not. If anything, it has grown – and made it infinitely more difficu.. more..

Writing