Haunted Carousel

Haunted Carousel

A Chapter by Brianna Van Zandt
"

Janelle and Asher escape the Shadows and take a break on the Haunted Carousel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOM7-jtOCTE

"

Chapter Five: Haunted Carousel

                The carousel was spinning at a decent pace, fast enough to be fun for children, but not fast enough to be horrifying. The tune that played while the horses and other creatures moved up and down was a little creepy, but I could live with it. I sat down in one of the carriage-like seats beside Asher and stared down at the flute the Snake Charmer had given me. It seemed dull now, like it would never play his music again. Asher sat beside me and looked at me, silently asking If I was going to be okay. I ignored him, hearing a soft voice in the tune now. It was a female voice, occasionally accompanied by a few other females or a deep male voice. Very operatic, I noted.

                Grabbing the bar in front of me, I stood up slowly, only to be knocked back into the seat when it sped up. Looking around, I could see the spirits of both children and adults clinging to the horses they rode, all of them laughing. Asher and I exchanged nervous glances, pressed against the back of the seat. The song changed for a moment, sounding more frantic. It felt like a lifetime before it returned to normal, slowing to a near stop after a few more moments. I dashed for the other side, unable to get off fast enough; Asher was right on my heals, stumbling behind me a little when we hit the ground running.



© 2012 Brianna Van Zandt


Author's Note

Brianna Van Zandt
Kind of short.... Sorry about that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012


Author

Brianna Van Zandt
Brianna Van Zandt

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
It's been a while since I've been here. I'm now twenty years old, and though my time for writing has dwindled, my passion has not. If anything, it has grown – and made it infinitely more difficu.. more..

Writing