Revised Prologue

Revised Prologue

A Chapter by Ren Nightshade
"

"Dreams are nothing more than reality twisted by the mind."

"

 

It's said that the events that happen in the dream world have no true impact on reality. It's also said that dreams portray the events that fate has laid out for your future. I personally never believed in fate or dreams. Afterall, dreams are but a stage of sleep where the mind thinks without fully being aware.


However, I was very wrong.


Ever since I was nine, I've had the same dream. Snow twirls lazily from a sky devoid of moon and stars. In this dark abyss there stands two men: one enveloped softly in an unnatural, eternal light, the other obscured by the oppressive cloak of the abyss.

Then, the man enveloped in light booms, "I knew you'd betray us!"


"I've betrayed no one! I am simply protecting my treasure the best way I know how. You're the one that betrayed our treasure, so I'll give you one last chance; stay out the way or you'll get hurt," promised the cloaked man.


"Ha, I'm not afraid, and I'm not backing down," shot back the man enveloped by the unnatural, eternal light as he started at the cloaked man.


At that instance, bestial roars of monstrous creatures ring out from afar and the cloaked man admonished with a sigh, "There's no point in continuing this useless conversation; We'll never see eye to eye. So prepare yourself, because I have no intention of letting you sacrifice my treasure for the lives of those pointless beings."


Then the two begin to battle both the beasts and each other, leaving an ache in my chest that I only ever feel in these moments, while I rest here in my dream world of monochromatic chaos.



END OF PROLOGUE



© 2019 Ren Nightshade


Author's Note

Ren Nightshade
This is the revised prologue. It is supposed to foreshadow for the first chapter and later parts of the book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 27, 2019
Last Updated on February 27, 2019


Author

Ren Nightshade
Ren Nightshade

Canal Winchester, OH



About
I am an 18 year old aspiring author and trying to be manga artist. For as long as I have remembered I have wanted to write books and be a librarian. Funny right? It all started when I read a book seri.. more..

Writing