Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ren Nightshade

"Seems like your fine, but just to be safe, don't go and do anything overly strenuous alright Narumi?"


"Alright, Miss Felicity. Thank you," I finished as I leaped off the exam table. I was just about to leave when she spoked again, "Oh I meant to ask, are you still having those nightmares that cause your surroundings to be devastated?"


For a second I thought about my response. Miss Felicity was my families personal physician and she has known and taken care of me since I was nine. She even packed up and became the nurse of Emotion Academy to continue to take care of and be close to me. There's no point lying and saying they've stopped since all she'll do is ask Rae; but I don't want to senselessly worry her either.


I was conflicted; an emotion I only ever felt when I was with Miss Felicity. From the day my parents introduced her I began to regard her as more of a mother than my biological one. It wasn't because my parents were bad or anything. They just travelled a lot so it seemed like they never had time for me, but Miss Felicity was always there.


Ah, I'll just tell the truth, I concluded as I retreated to a nearby chair. "No, the nightmares haven't stopped; but they aren't any worse that usual either. So don't worry okay?!" All my words came out rushed and jumbled, but somehow I could tell it stopped the worry that had grown on her face since she asked the question.


Then, she let out a small laugh and began to stroke my head, "Alright Narumi, run along I'm sure my other would-be-child is worrying where you could be at this hour." I smiled back at her and left.


While I was walking I started to hum and skip just a little. All the horrible things that had happened that day just started to melt away after Miss. Felicity stroked my head. It's like she can tell when I'm having a bad day of something.


I was rounding a corner when I smacked into something really hard and lost my balance.


"Ow, I'm sor-," before I could finish my eyes met two mounds of sparkling snow and my face light up like red Christmas lights.


Oh my goodness, I thought as I stepped out of the arm he had put around me to steady me.


"Haha, déjà vu. This is the second time we've run into each other...must be fate." I continued to stare at him in surprise, my eyes still transfixed by his beauty, and voice. Then he tilted his head before saying, "Hmm, would you mind if we went out and talked for a little while? I'll treat!"


It took my mouth a little while to catch up with my racing mind, which was trying to figure out first how he could have the same voice as the person in my dream.

Second, how he jumped from bumping into someone he didn't even know to inviting them to dinner. And last but definitely not least, why he was lingering around school at this hour with a black and white cat plushie balanced on his shoulder. But, the most prominent question was what he just asked and my mouth was already blurting out a response before I could think up an answer.


"NO," I practically screamed it at him, but oddly enough that didn't seem to lessen the faint smile that danced on his lips. In fact, after receiving that way harsher than intended declination, he asked, "Then how about tomorrow? We have that day off anyway so it'd be a better choice."


"Uhh I..."


"Do you already have plans," and as he asked I could see the look of sadness taking over the two sparkling snow mounds he had for eyes.


"Uh, no I-" "Great then I'll met you at the café around lunchtime! See ya," and he ran off leaving me wondering what just happened.


I was just forced into a lunch date I never agreed to. I don't even know what place he was talking about,' I thought as I finally left the school and started towards the parking lot. How am I supposed to go to some café I've never heard of with some guy I don't even know...' but my thoughts began to trail off when I noticed someone standing against the tree where my bike was chained. I already knew who it was and my heart began to soar.


"Rae," I happily yelled as I ran and jumped into his arms.


"Hey, took you forever to leave the academy. Did something hold you up," he asked in his usual laid back voice as he put me back on the ground. For me however, when he asked that the weight that had been lifted when I saw Rae had just been replaced with one a thousand times heavier and hysteria began to set in as he unchained my bike and put it on the sidewalk.


"Rae, I need help!"


"Help? Help with what?" Then as I readied myself to spill all the things that were eating away at me he spoke again while unchaining my bike. "Actually, wait. Don't tell me anything yet. We've got to get home first before it gets too dark."


"I can talk and bike at the same time," I insisted while mounting my bike. But, as we started towards out appointed home Rae gave a light chuckle and said, "That would defeat the point of getting home before dark though, Naru." "Hey I can ride fast while I talk!"


Rae just laughed and said, "Prove it," as he ran off ahead of me.



© 2019 Ren Nightshade


Author's Note

Ren Nightshade
I'd love if you could tell me how this made you feel and if you would continue to read it based on this. Furthermore, it would be nice if you could tell me if there is anything you don't understand so I can make the necessary changes!

Thank you!!! /(^V^)v*

P.S. (That's a thumbs up!)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Fox
The build up is quite curious, but in a way that keeps me reading. Not entirely sure of the plot, but keep it up.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ren Nightshade

5 Years Ago

Thank you again!!! (^V^)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 27, 2019
Last Updated on February 27, 2019


Author

Ren Nightshade
Ren Nightshade

Canal Winchester, OH



About
I am an 18 year old aspiring author and trying to be manga artist. For as long as I have remembered I have wanted to write books and be a librarian. Funny right? It all started when I read a book seri.. more..

Writing