Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Ren Nightshade
"

"Sometimes a mental breakdown is necessary."

"

"Haha, and I thought I stuck out," laughed Rae as I stared at him with growing annoyance.


He's having way too much fun at my expense, I thought as I stood up. Time to get serious!


So in the most serious yet dramatic voice I could manage I said, "Rae, this isn't the time to be laughing about it. I need help! Where's the cafe'? How do I get there? Who is that guy, and why does he have the voice of one of the guys in my dreams?!!"


Rae finally began to settle down from his excessive and unneeded laughter only to turn and say with an unusually calm face, "So you plan to actually go on this lunch date?"


"Huh," was all I could manage as I realize that Rae had just made the leap from me asking all these questions to me actually going on this lunch 'date.' "Wait, I never said I wanted to go," I quickly hammered out as Rae stared me directly in the eyes with his piercing gaze.

 

"You sure about that Rabbit," said Rae still in his laid back calm voice, but I could tell he wasn't very pleased with the idea of me going. He switched to calling me Rabbit and not Tigress. Rabbit was the name he used when he was annoyed, angered, or really any emotion that couldn't be perceived as positive with me. Tigress was when he was happy, calm, or really just Rae. 

 

"Uhh, I- I don't wanna go- I just wanted to know what all this meant that's all." But, even as I finished what I was saying, I could tell Rae didn't believe a word of it, and quite frankly neither did I. I was curious about the guy and his voice, and I really wanted to know more about him to see if in some weird reality he really was the guy from my dreams.


"Rae, I know this isn't typical of me, and I don't really want to go on a "date" with him, I just want to speak with him about my dreams to see if maybe he is the guy in them. So please don't take it that way. I just- I just need to know more about him. So please d-," before I could finish Rae stood up and said,"You don't need my permission to go out Naru. So I mean, if you want to go on a lunch date with the creepy guy that has the voice of the ethereal one in your nightmares, then just go Tigress."


The relief I felt was only for a few seconds before a realization struck me in the worst way. I don't have any clothes cause of last night, and I still don't know where the cafe is! Worst of all, Rae said he doesn't care, which means he is not only mad, but also given up on this entire situation; so I can't expect his help.


"This is bad...my life is over," I whispered to myself as I feel to the ground in my bedroom. What am I supposed to do without Rae? I'm nothing without him, I thought as I sat in the middle of the once devastated environment.


"Ha, I know I'll just piece together some of the clothes that were ruined and see what I can-," I never finished my sentence because my jaw was too busy playing on the once ruined floor to keep speaking. All my clothes, my window, my supplies, everything that had been ruined was fixed or replaced.


"Bu-But how," I stammered with a dumfounded expression spread all across my face. Then the answer shot me dead in the stomach leaving only guilt in its aftermath. "I need to apologize."


"Please forgive me and thank you for fixing up my room Rae," I yelled to his door. "Also, can you please help me? I know I don't deserve your help after being so self-centered, but I can't do this without you. I don't know what to wear or how to talk cause I'm socially awkward with everyone but you, so could you please help me," I finished as the door to Rae's room remained unopened.


I fell to my knees stunned as I whispered to myself, "He really isn't going to forgive me, or help me." Then I finished by yelling to myself, "WHAT HAVE I DONE!" Only to be responded with, "More like what are you doing?"


"Huh," I turned to see Rae towel drying his hair with a confused expression. Then my vision slowly was clouded by the strange fluid that I had learned earlier was called tears. This only shocked and confused Rae more.


"H-hey why are you crying? What's wrong? Did something happen while I was in the shower," Rae asked as worry took over his entire demeanor and he knelt before me.

"I thought you hated me and weren't going to answer the door and accept my apology because I was being self-centered and I didn't thank you for fixing up my room earlier," I whimpered as I wiped the tears from my face.


"Ah, that's it," Rae said with relief clear on his face. "Naru I wouldn't be mad about you not thanking me for your room, and I don't think you wanting to know more about those nightmares you have is being self-centered. Besides, when have you known me to get tizzled and fizzled over such superficial stuff," Rae asked adding a bit of sarcasm. Then he tilted his smile and added a bright smile, the same one that lit up my world all those years ago, and I smiled back up at him and gave a short laugh too.


"Haha, I guess you right. But I still want to say I'm sorry Rae, so please help me."


"All you had to do was ask," said Rae in a rapturous tone with his wicked smile shining like the stars on a night with no moon.



© 2019 Ren Nightshade


Author's Note

Ren Nightshade
Enjoy and please share you thoughts with me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Fox
Best chapter so far, glad I could read it before I have to go back to the asylum, keep writing like this and you'll probably have no problem getting published.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ren Nightshade

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much Fox!!! I hope you're right!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 1, 2019
Last Updated on March 1, 2019


Author

Ren Nightshade
Ren Nightshade

Canal Winchester, OH



About
I am an 18 year old aspiring author and trying to be manga artist. For as long as I have remembered I have wanted to write books and be a librarian. Funny right? It all started when I read a book seri.. more..

Writing