Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Ren Nightshade
"

"Perfect mischief with a dash of style."

"

"Choose a color: pink, white, black, or blue? Oh, and there's lavender," question Rae over the phone. Rae had headed out to buy, "the perfect outfit," as he had put it while I remained at home salvaging what was left of my room.


"Umm... what is this for," I asked, but the only response I received was the chatter of multiple female voices at once.


"Rae? It sounds like you're in the middle of a female horde again. Are you alright." Yet again, no response.


Hmm, I'm sure Rae will be fine, I concluded as I hung up the phone and continued to clean. Normally when all my clothes were ruined by my nightmares, he and I'd go together, but last time that happened I was nearly trampled to death by Rae's crazy groupies.


A millennia had passed when Rae finally returned. With him he carried a black dress that was shorter in the front and tapered in the back, white wedges with black soles, a white sunhat with a pink satin ribbon, and other accessories. All of which was expertly matched with the grand smile he had on his face.


"I've waited for the day I be able to dress you up like an actual girly girl," grinned Rae still showing an inexplicable amount of joy.


Hmm, I glad he's happy now, but I have a feeling it will be at my expense, I thought as I took the outfit from Rae to begin dressing. When I finished I knew I was correct.
"R-Rae, what is this?! Why am I dressed like, like a black and white abomination," I fumbled.


"An abomination, please you look beauti-," Rae trailed off as he came back into the room and noticed the mess I had made of my mane of long wavy black hair. "What have you done! How did you get your hair caught like that," floundered Rae as he immediately seized a brush and comb.


"Stand still, alright," directed Rae as he spent the next twelve minutes freeing my long hair from the evil grasp of my necklace and earrings.


After the hair boss was, Rae slipped away to dress "properly for the occasion," before we left for the café.
********************************************************************************************************
"Now remember, when you get to the café act natural," said Rae as he and I made our way to the sidewalk that lead to the café.


"Natural? What does that mean? I do act natural, all the time," I glowered, but I could tell Rae didn't believe it for a second.


"Ha, alright, well just act how you do when you're with me then. Oh, and don't get side tracked; remember what your true prey is Tigress," teased Rae as we followed the pavement.


We had almost reached the café when I tripped right into a small ditch in the holey sidewalk. The situation had been embarrassing, but it was made progressively worse by Rae laughing, very loudly.


"Wow, you're clumsier in wedges than you are in heeled boots. How intriguing," chuckled Rae as we walked the few blocks left to the café I was supposed to meet the man at.


"I'm not clumsy! I just lost my balance," I remarked indignantly as I watched the sidewalk closely for more holes I could fall into.


"Yeah sure," he joked as I shot him a fierce glance. Then as we passed a fountain and he continued to joke I declared, "Rae, if you don't stop laughing, I'm going to through you into that fountain!"


Succeeding, he stopped laughing and switched to a more serious manner of speaking.
"Tigress when you enter that café you'll be alone for about five minutes, then I'll enter just to keep watch. Don't worry, I've got your back." As he said those words I noticed the faint smile that danced on his lips, and the devilish glimmer in his eyes when he said "just to keep watch."


Please don't let Rae do anything crazy, I pleaded as I stopped in front of the entrance to the café alone.

 




© 2019 Ren Nightshade


Author's Note

Ren Nightshade
f you enjoyed it please leave me a review saying you did. If you have anything you thing needs revision please also let me know. I look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 5, 2019
Last Updated on March 5, 2019


Author

Ren Nightshade
Ren Nightshade

Canal Winchester, OH



About
I am an 18 year old aspiring author and trying to be manga artist. For as long as I have remembered I have wanted to write books and be a librarian. Funny right? It all started when I read a book seri.. more..

Writing