The Realisation

The Realisation

A Chapter by Rhena Le Roi

Jareth woke to find himself laying in Lily's bed with her. He crept out of bed and quietly walked to his own room. Oh, how he couldn't wait for his birthday, with cake and all the good food and the presents from all his friends. Jasper, Nova, Maxile, Rhena... Oh no! Rhena would be here any minute with the things for his birthday party, and here he was in bed with someone else!

He panicked and ran into the kitchen to find the parcels on the counter. He cried out and ran to Rhena's room. He smiled when he saw her sleeping peacefully, her onyx wings tucked under her. He watched her even breathing and wondered what she was dreaming about. He sighed and realized for himself that he was in LOVE with this goblin. He looked at her, imagining what their lives would be like. A small dirty blonde haired boy ran, pulling his equally blonde baby sister behind him in a wagon. The little baby girl screamed with delight as a goblin picked her up and set her on his shoulders. Unfortunately for the goblin, the baby girl found his ears great for steering. Jareth chuckled as the goblin yelled and began to run in circles, his daughter driving him, and almost laughed out loud as she drove him into a stone wall. The girl landed on the floor and started crying. Jareth could clearly hear her crying out Daddy and went to pick her up. His son saw his sister bawling and ran to his mother, watching intently and hugging around Rhena's knees. The baby girl immediately stopped crying when her father picked her up and only sniffled as he cradled her in his arms. She burrowed into his shirt and began to suck her thumb as she drifted off to sleep.

Jareth couldn't take it and disappeared from the room before anyone saw a tear roll down his cheek. He peered in Lily's room and wondered to himself what he saw in this girl. He looked down and saw her sleeping at a weird angle. He grimaced and wished he hadn't brought her here in the first place. She stirred and looked up at Jareth, her hair tangled and a goofy smile on her face. He smiled nervously, what do I do know?, he thought to himself. "Good morning, my King. Sleep well?" she said chuckling. "To be honest, I don't remember what happened last night... Would you care to enlighten me?" she said this full of lust and stood up, putting her arms around his neck. He cringed back as she tried to kiss him and he ducked, spun and stood in the doorway casually. "Uh, shall we move to the kitchen for some breakfast?" he said again very nervous. "After all, no one should go into the Labyrinth with an empty stomach. And speaking of which, you should be getting there soon if you want to finish before sundown." he thought quickly as she walked toward him, smiling hungrily.

He stood shaking with fear. This cannot be happening, this cannot be happening, he thought miserably as she leaned in for another kiss, this time she had him cornered. Her eyes closed, he thought if he turned into an owl, maybe she would be frightened and run away. He changed into an owl and sat there as she kissed his beak. She wrinkled her nose and as he opened her eyes, she screamed and jumped backwards. Jareth happily flew towards her and she ran from the room, squealing at the top of her lungs. If owls could smile, Jareth would be grinning and laughing with happiness. He flew into Rhena's room and perched on top of the door, hooting softly every few minutes, an owl's version of sighing.

Rhena woke with a soft caw and looked up at Jareth who puffed out his feathers and flew to the edge if her bed. Rhena looked up at the proud owl and bowed down low at her king. Rhena changed to her human form, her head bowed with shame. Jareth, changing himself, looked at her puzzled. "Why do you bow, my love, when you have nothing to be ashamed of?" he said taking her hand in his. "I failed to acquire one of the necessary parcels for your birthday feast, sire... Wait, what? Sire, I believe you just called me..." "I know what I said and it wasn't a mistake." he said smiling. He leaned down and gently kissed her, sending electricity up her spine.

He grinned at the results, a shocked and utterly confused girl. "But...but..." she stuttered. "But what, my dear?" he said softly. " You are royalty and I... I am a commoner. What of the laws? Page 320, section 8, paragra-" she was cut off by a sudden kiss from Jareth again. She relaxed and wrapped her arms around his neck. He, in turn, wrapped his arms around her waist. Jareth moved down to kiss her neck.

Rhena was about to give Jareth a big surprise when Lily burst into the room screaming. She stared at Jareth, then glared at Rhena. Lily held her hands out as if the strangle Rhena, so she jumped up and morphed into her bird form. Rhena flew out the window Jareth at her tail, but Lily grabbed Jareth by his tail feathers as he tried to get away. He let out a shriek but he was too weak to get away. Rhena turned around and tried to fly back in the window, brave enough to peck her eyes out if she didn't let him go immediately. Lily threw a book out the window, which hit Rhena square in the beak, sending her in a downward spiral. She hit the ground with a dull thud and changed back, to reveal that her nose was bleeding.

Lily stuffed Jareth in a cage and walked to the window. "Jareth, I have been very patient with you. I have accepted that you avoided my kiss, and sent me into the Labyrinth deliberately to get rid of me and come see her." she said the last word as if it were a cuss word, emphasizing every syllable. Jareth winced back as she threw a book at the cage. "I trust if you want to live, you'll stay an owl until I think of what to do to you." she said glaring at him through the bronze bars.

He looked at the floor of the cage. He wanted Rhena to be here with him, not in peril like he was at the moment but, to hold her in his arms again, to kiss her more passionately then he had before. A single tear rolled down his beak and landed on the news paper lining the floor.


© 2011 Rhena Le Roi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on March 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Author

Rhena Le Roi
Rhena Le Roi

Plastic Beach, Middle of Nowhere, Chile



About
There are a few things you should know about me: 1) I am unpredictable. 2) I have a great sense of imagination and humor. 3) There are somethings in this world I believe in that other people don't e.. more..

Writing