The Things I Hate About You: Chapter 2

The Things I Hate About You: Chapter 2

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver
"

Hah! I said I would continue this!! Side note: From now on, it's in first person. I prefer writing in 1st person, rather than 3rd. *shrugs*

"

(Did you read the memo? If not, you should; otherwise, this'll get really confusing)

I snagged my backpack from off the floor, checked to make sure my laptop was plugged in, then raced downstairs. Leave the house any later than 7:30, and you were bound to be late for school.

~7:45~

"You're insane, you know that?"

I walked down the hall with my stack of books, berating the girl next to me for quitting the track team before it had even begun. "Kat! How could you do this? We NEED you! Besides, the musical's over in a few weeks, and track lasts until MAY!," I scolded. She grinned at me and gave me the excuse she had been using for the past few days. Too busy, my a*s, I thought to myself. She and I were good friends, but hearing her resignition from the team was crushing.

And it meant that I would be all alone at practice this afternoon. Crap.

~3:15~

Aaaand.... Practice time. Thank GOD Kat had told me this morning that there was practice. Because now I had nothing to change into and was wearing my fuzzy boots. No running for me! Ha!!

I walked into the school gym with some of the other girls from the team and the coach. Lo and behold, the entire guys team is practicing with us today. And among them.....

Oh, crap.

Him.

It was just my luck that the one guy I had a crush on was not only my academic foe, but was also involved in EVERY SINGLE thing that I did (not including the musical). Yep. There he was, sitting with the rest of the runners.

 

I wonder how this will turn out.



© 2009 RiverOfSilver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on February 11, 2009
Last Updated on March 16, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

RiverOfSilver
RiverOfSilver

NY



About
There are two of us. One is Silver, the other River. We're friends, and we write together. We'll sign everything we say with our 'name'. ~River~ Yeah, there isn't really a lot to tell; most of our i.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver