The Things I Hate About You: Chapter 3

The Things I Hate About You: Chapter 3

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver
"

I'll be working on this story in school a lot, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to publish more chapters.

"

"Alright, so do you wanna hear a story?"

 

     I've been saying this phrase so much lately. Every time I see one of my friends who HASN'T heard of it yet, I immediately ask this.

 

     Then again, most of them have heard it, and so our quest has begun. Or, rather, that's what they lovingly refer to it as. I was snapped out of my thoughts as someone called out--

 

     "Sam! Hey!" I shut my locker and turned to face Kat and Adrianna. "Good morning guys," I smilingly sighed. They weren't having any of that. Not this morning.

 

     "So, Sammy, have you got any more news for us? About-- *nudge, nudge*-- him?," Kat grinned. I rolled my eyes jokingly. "No, Kat, I've just found out that two of my friends like him too, but he doesn't like one of them, and we don't know how he feels about me or the other girl. Absolutely no news whatsoever."

 

     They gasped. "Who? Come on, tell us!," they begged. I had already asked Taylor if it was alright if I shared her side of the story; after all, she and I had told friends about the story. Thus, I spilled.

 

~2 weeks later~

 

"I've got an insanely stupid plan, would you like to hear it?"

 

     Oh, yes. My latest scheme in the world of l'amour. The weather had been getting warmer lately, and so students had begun to drag their capris and shorts out of the back of the closet, embracing the 50-degree weather with enthusiasm. However, as the unfortunates discovered, the building was still freezing cold. So much for the end of winter.

 

     And yet, I loved the icy landscape that we call school for one simple reason: I could use it to my advantage. Like most, I had been wearing a jacket over a t-shirt all winter long, and had shed the jacket after the warmer weather had started to creep in. Now, he wore a jacket every day. I got lucky and was placed in his group for 3rd period; plus, I sat by the window. Perfect jacket-stealing conditions.

 

     That is, unless you forget to get the jacket. Gym rolls around, and...

 

     Cue the interrogations. "So, Sam, where's the jacket?," Amanda asked, in (what I believed to be) an amused tone. I tossed my sneaker at her. "I forgot to get it, alright? Besides, I didn't get a chance to talk to him until we were walking OUT  the door, and our hands were full of books," I laughed. Needless to say, they all scolded me for my shy disposition and my horrid memory.

 

And I was stuck freezing for the rest of the day.



© 2009 RiverOfSilver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The setting is freshman year in highschool, hense the lockers. She's venting. ~River

Posted 15 Years Ago


The only thing you are missing is setting. Put your characters in a place, give a who what where and why description and you will add so much more to the story than merely dialogue.
As a novelist you must paint the picture for the reader and you accomplish this in part through setting.
Good job, good writing, I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2009
Last Updated on March 26, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

RiverOfSilver
RiverOfSilver

NY



About
There are two of us. One is Silver, the other River. We're friends, and we write together. We'll sign everything we say with our 'name'. ~River~ Yeah, there isn't really a lot to tell; most of our i.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver