The Maid

The Maid

A Chapter by Sangria Green

The Maid

She strode up to the doorway of the Blue Room tiredly. It was late, very late and yet as she had known, there were still many there. In this house there were rules, many rules which she followed, and of these rules there was one which she absolutely despised.

It clearly stated as follows: That any persons lest than 18 winters known would follow the chore days dictated by House government least they wish or have come to acquire residence.

To day was Sunday, the Day of Saints, to many and for her to refuse her work or trade timetables today would be as unforgivable in the eyes of others( although it is not their business) as it would be impossible. After all she had no allies in this house. Straightening she held her breath and stepped inside the door way. Now was no time to sulk. As suddenly as she had stepped the once quiet room burst into outrage. What did she think she was doing? She walked in, ignoring the jeers that followed her intrusion.

….

Rigidly she stomped down the hall, a spilling of laughter and chatter littering in short bursts behind her. She stopped in front of the stairs, looking up, and her expression desperate as if she were looking for a room she could go in and tear all apart but she shook herself and did not; Instead she straightened herself and walked forth to her room even more rigidly as not to stomp. For stomping would should bring forth her mentor in anger; and she had yet to truly wish for that.



© 2008 Sangria Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Sangria Green
Sangria Green

columbia, SC



About
I love to write, and i want to become an author and an animator. more..

Writing