Untitled

Untitled

A Chapter by Sangria Green

Years of love have been forgot in the hatred of a minute

 

 

Oh she was a bold one to hide in plain sight.

No one saw her for days. There were whispers and searches throughout the night.

The king - they suffered - the king was filled with fright.

In his frustration and anger he questioned-did she abandon him?

It was a cold night some time later and the people had yet to forget.

A young meaningless disappointment of some unknown child had been summoned by the King, and refused the court! Then she promptly ran!

Credulous! Unforgivable!

And the strangest moment in all this is that they say the child never left the house!

The king was furious when it was discovered.

He was angered beyond words and had yet but said a curse.

He sat upon his thrown cushion that cold chilled night and stared into the glowering fire of his stoned hearth.

It was late and all the servants and attendants and attainders had gone to bed. The court had long ago been dismissed.

He was an unusual king who had already given in to the humor of the night and drawn a quilt over his self before the court was even dismissed.

He wore his hair long and braided. A laughable denial of age for a young King of twenty eight. His skin always soft and subtle; His eyes were gray almonds set in bronze skin. Many new comers insulted him unintentionally by mistaking him for some courtly lady.

He would merely laugh and strike them down for ill humor.

Now his humor was a low, deadly thing that with a dismal smile would strike you down in an easy rage. But he retains a calm appearance because all was not lost yet if he waited. So he waited and waited. Now this night, as he was alone, he heard a soft padding of feet toward him. He looked up from the flames and saw the girl in her stocking feet. She carried night slippers in her left hand and the summons in her right. She was in her working clothes and her hair was bound in a net. Behind her stood a young man that seem to seethe with everything the girl was not. She stood still as he looked at them. The young man scowled at his glances. The young king shook his head and looked away exasperated.

"What happened? I called!" The king demanded. The king questioned.

The girl merely shook her head. "I was angry."

The young man glared. "I was bored and this seemed amusing."

The king narrowed his eyes. "Girl! Come about!" he said.

She tilted her head thinking then bent to place her slippers and letter on the floor. Walking over to the king she didn't look back to see the young man's rage at her obedience. Why had she run if this went through her?

She stopped in front of the king and when he merely gazed at her she dropped down in front of him.

The king took her chin in his palm and said merely three words.

He said the words that would again justify him and heal all insecurities.

I hate you!

And with that he began his mantra for the night. The next morning two maids were ordered to place the girl in a special room in the palace that only the king had entered for years. This left the king and the young man alone. They conversed and when it was noon and the court was all astir with wonder at his disappearance the young man carried the girl away disgusted.

She was accepted.

The young man hated the king.



© 2008 Sangria Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Sangria Green
Sangria Green

columbia, SC



About
I love to write, and i want to become an author and an animator. more..

Writing