Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Sarah W. French

            Everyone has heard the stories of the Noble Prison. They say it is an underground cavern built before magic even came into this world. It is said that it is a place where magic can’t live and darkness thrives. Some say that the evil souls put in the prison are tortured and others say they are left alone to die as slowly as possible. Some say the prisons are just a way for the Noble Ones to keep power by draining the life from those who enter. It does not mater what story you believe since all are just as bad as the last.

            We have been walking for hours and all I have for company is my thoughts. I finally work up the nerve to ask the guy holding my leash what his name is. He turns his head and keeps walking, “You don’t need to know my name.” I look at my hands as I say, “No I don’t need to know your name but I would like to know how to address you.” He turns his head back to the front; “If you must address me you may address me as Gilded.” I pick up the pace a bit and smile, “Thank you…Gilded. I understand names have power but you must know I don’t have the type of magic to use it against you.” He stops for the first time since we started, “I don’t care what your magic can do all I know is that all types like you should be killed.” I stare at him wide eyed, “And what is my type?” He punches me in the face before he answers, “The type who will rip families apart for no good reason!” Gilded hands me off to some older man and walks up to the front of the procession.

            The sun is setting as they stop and set up camp. I am not permitted to help because they fear I might kill someone.  The tents are set up in minutes and the Prince and Princess settle down into their own tent.  They don’t set up a tent for me because I’m too dangerous to be kept from sight. The old man who has been holding my leash ties me to a tree and mumbles, “If you even try to escape I will personally kill you. I may look weak and frail but trust me I can destroy you if I need to.  Someone will bring you food and drink in the morning.” He walks a few paces away and sits down with some of the other guards.  They take turns staring at me till I fall asleep.

            I wake up to shouting and a cloth over my eyes. Someone lifts my up and throws me into a carriage. I can only hope that I’m being rescued by some unknown person and not being taken to a place to be murdered. I scream to be heard over the commotion, “What in the Hell is goin-….” Someone hits me before I can finish. A woman’s voice in the front yells, “Knock her out before she can cause problems.” That is the last thing I hear before darkness covers me.



© 2012 Sarah W. French


Author's Note

Sarah W. French
This is shorter then most of my chapters will be...but I hope you still enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GOD DARN IT!!!! another freakin' cliffhanger. loved the chapter. WRITE MOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a whiner i know. sorry. :P

P.S. yes ... i would like some cheese with that wine. :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sarah W. French

11 Years Ago

[clap] Glad you like it!
Rhea752

11 Years Ago

so... just so you know... i like cheddar cheese... jk :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012


Author

Sarah W. French
Sarah W. French

PA



About
I won't be publishing all my poems on here but I am putting them on my tumblr. Please check them out. I'm a 16 year old girl who mostly writes poems. I have been verbally bullied and use poetry t.. more..

Writing