Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Sarah W. French

            I smell gosling cooking on a fire. I open my eyes and am surprised to see a lone woman next to the fire. She has a cloak on but I can see her blond hair coming down to cover part of her face. I lift up my hand to wipe my eyes. I am shocked when I notice that they are not tied together and I am not tied to the tree I’m leaning against. I look back up to the woman, “What…What’s going on? Are you the women who abducted me?” She turns to me with a smile and turns back to her cooking, “I’m not going to kill you, if that’s what your thinking.”  

            I carefully get up and make my way to the fire. I should be running. I have a chance to get away from the Noble Prison and a new lease on life.  I could turn into a wolf or a deer and no one would ever find me again. Instead I sit down with my legs crossed. I stare at the gosling and watch the fat drip into the fire.  After a few moments I speak again, “So if you didn’t take me so you could kill me…why did you take me?” With a sigh she turns and I recognize her. She is Princess Malka. I quickly get up and step away from the fire. I drop into a clumsy curtsy, “oh Noble One.” She rolls her eyes, “please sit, the food is almost ready and you should eat. I will tell you everything after you sit down and stop acting like a fool.”

            I sit down a gape at her. She removes the cloak and groans, “My Family thinks magic is wrong. They believe those who practice it should be locked away forever. I agree there are some who deserve that fate. But most of those sent down to the prisons never will. And you are different then all other people. You Kira, Have magic in an extraordinary way. Your magic was not born into you and you didn’t kill to get it. You my dear have the power to change our world. Your fate is to protect those with magic.  Kira you must save magic from bein-…” She is cut off when we hear the sound of hoof beats surrounding us. “Kira RUN!” But there is nowhere to go. Prince Heinrich and his men have fenced us in. He grabs his sister and hands her off to the guard next to him. “Put her somewhere safe. The Little Dark One obviously has more power then we thought. She must have controlled my sister’s young and weak mind. Whatever you do don’t trust what my sister says. She is still probably under the enchantment.” He turns to me and says in mocking tones, “What a great job. Bewitching my sister and having her ‘kidnap’ you.” He steps closer and becomes serious once again, “But you forgot about me and my power. I will never let you go, freak. I will lock you up and throw away the key. If you try to get away from me again I will kill you or worse.”

            I take a small step back, “Worse? What can be worse then death?” He smiles and closes the gap I just made between us, “I can lock you up with anyone I want. There are some real creeps in our collection. Creatures...monsters…people who could make the rest of your life a living hell.” My knees are weak and I feel ready to fall. Everyone has heard the stories. Men with gray and gold skin. Women with veins occupied with blue and silver colors through bodies the color of water. People who can change there look in the blink of an eye and would trade everything they own for more power. These are the stories mothers tell their children so they will stay inside at night. These are the type of people who go to the Noble Prison.

            I fall to my knees. I am weak and all I have is the ability to beg, “Please I promise on my life, I won’t run away. I won’t use my magic on anyone. Please don’t kill me…don’t lock me up with one of those nightmares.” He bends down and whispers in my ear, “Kiss my boot.” I can only gawk at him. So he repeats, “Kiss my boot.  I will do what you ask if you accomplish what I ask.” I see no harm in it so I lean down and quickly kiss his boot. “And the other one”, he demands. I tip my head to the other one and kiss it like I did to the other. Prince Heinrich laughs and turns away so my head falls before I can gain my balance. “But what about your promise?” “I will think about it…I’m not always a man of my word.”  With that he turns away and Gilded comes to ties me back up. He throws me over his shoulder and puts me on a horse. With me on a horse we can get to my new ‘home’ faster. We could be there in a day if they push the troops and the steeds. If there is one thing I learned today, don’t agree to a deal with a person who hates the fact that you can breath.  



© 2012 Sarah W. French


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like the princess a lot more know!! but not the prince. great chapter in the story!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012


Author

Sarah W. French
Sarah W. French

PA



About
I won't be publishing all my poems on here but I am putting them on my tumblr. Please check them out. I'm a 16 year old girl who mostly writes poems. I have been verbally bullied and use poetry t.. more..

Writing