Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Sarah W. French

            Since they picked me back up we have been riding nonstop.  When suddenly the horses are ordered to stop and Gilded comes to pluck me off of my horse. I look around and see trees, rocks, and dirt the likes of which have been everywhere. “Where are we?” I ask as quietly as possible. Gilded just looks at me and drags me over to Prince Heinrich. Before he turns to go he says, “the prisoner as ordered, my lord.” I tremble before him. What if he lied and he is just going to kill me in cold blood? He grabs hold of my arm and take me to the middle of the clearing. He stomps his foot in a particular pattern and when he is done a door opens up. I can see a few steps leading down to a dark passage way. He pushes me in first and picks up a torch as we go down.  

            We reach the bottom after walking for a rather long time and I gasp. In front of me is a long tunnel full of cages. The bars are made of hanging rocks and upright boulders. Poking out of the cages are gray arms, blood red fingers, and silvery nails. I’ve been standing at the steps for to long. The prince prods me to continue forward. As I shuffle forward the creatures come into view. Some are in rags and look like they have been here for several life times. Others wear dragon and faery skin clothes that look as if they were made a few days ago. As I pass by the cages they look up, some even come to the bars to look at me. Whispers start up all around me. “Is this her?” “Yes I believe so.” “But she’s so small” “She looks so…normal” Some even point there questions to me. “How did you get caught?”  “How did you get your power?” “What’s my name?” I turn my head to the longhaired thing who asked that question. I slowly ask, “Don’t you want to know my name?” He sniggers and reaches out as if to touch me but instead he bacons me closer. The prince folds his arms and nods as if to say he will let me talk to this thing. I shuffle closer and this thing grabs my arm. In a sardonic voice he says, “Your name is Kira and you’re the girl who’s going to save us.” He closes his eyes and takes on a serious tone, “But I can tell you want to make a deal with me.” I pull me arm away and he opens his eyes. “Who are you and why would I make a deal with you?” The words stumble out of my mouth before I can think them trough. He sneers and leans his head out as far as it will go. He mutters, “You would make a deal with me because you are a desperate soul. You’re weak and you need help.” I shake my head, “you don’t have magic. How could you help me?”  He lets go of the bars and backs away, “One doesn’t need magic to solve a problem. And if you were to get me out of here I would have more power then you would ever need.” He flourishes his hands, “I would have more then enough magic to repay you, dearie.” I turn back to Prince Heinrich with pleading eyes, “Tell me I’m not staying here.” He points me on ward and we start walking again. Behind us I can hear the manic laughter of the imp and the other creatures.

We continue on till we reach a cage with a woman sitting on a rock staring out at us. She is as pale as death with long and tangled hair the color of water. The prince opens the cage door and pushes me inside. With a smile in his voice he says, “Kira met Fideal. A young water daemon.” He slams the door shut and walks away with the final words of “enjoy your stay.”  I gradually walk till I am standing next to her. She tilts her head so she can see me and calmly smiles, “Don’t worry I don’t kill unless someone deserves it…I don’t think I’ll have to kill you.” I take a few steps back and sit down in front of her. “Well I’m glad I meet your approval, Fideal.” She gets up and circles around me. Her hair seems to be less tangled as she says, “So your our liberator. The person to save us all from the Noble Ones.” She dips down in front of my face and stares at me. “You don’t look like much. What kind of magic do you even have?” I close my eyes, “Why does everyone think I can save them…us. The only magic I have is Shifting.” When I open my eyes I see Fideal sitting on her rock and smiling as if she is five. “You really are oblivious to your future. You really don’t know who your parents are.” These are not questions they are statements.  “Well what you do know is the magic came to you. But I know more…your magic was passed on to you from your father I believe.”
“But my father is a simple peasant he has no magic.”
“My dear, your father is not him. Your father, your real father, was a Shifter.”
“What do you mean was?”

She looks at me as if I’m thoughtless; “To pass his magic to you he had to die. You needed magic and that was the only way for you to get it.”

            I get up and walk to the bars. I grab hold of them and rest my head on them. “How can you possibly know all of this”, I ask. She comes up behind me and puts her arm around my shoulder. “I know all this because he came to me. He asked me to kill him and he gave his reasons.” She smiles and finishes her thought, “He didn’t deserve to die but I owed him a favor.” I shrug her arm off of me; “You owed him a favor…you think that is a good reason to kill someone?” She backs off and her voice is layered with unshed tears, “No its not a good reason but it was his wish. We knew you would need his magic and there was no other way. But as the Noble Ones have told me, it’s my nature to kill. That’s why they lock us up they believe anyone with magic enjoys watching people die.”    



© 2012 Sarah W. French


Author's Note

Sarah W. French
I will be leaving for New Orleans on Wednesday so this will probably be the last chapter till I get back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very well done. i like the water demon she adds a nice touch. keep writing!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhea752

11 Years Ago

ya know, you really need to write more because i have been thinking about it and you haven't written.. read more
Sarah W. French

11 Years Ago

I keep meaning to write more and then I stop. but i promise i will try to write a chapter 7! (hopefu.. read more
Rhea752

11 Years Ago

yayayayay I'm happy now :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012


Author

Sarah W. French
Sarah W. French

PA



About
I won't be publishing all my poems on here but I am putting them on my tumblr. Please check them out. I'm a 16 year old girl who mostly writes poems. I have been verbally bullied and use poetry t.. more..

Writing