I don't really like cheese...

I don't really like cheese...

A Chapter by D.T. Tucker
"

Milliardo meets a pizza delivery girl one fine afternoon.

"
My apartment could, at best, be described as little more than a box. If I had a lot of stuff, then it would be cramped, I think. When I moved out on my own, I resolved myself to live on nothing more than absolutely necessary. What that means is, that I do not have a television, just a simple small blue old fashioned radio and whatever books or comics I manage to buy or find for free whenever I can. Basically, I am poor, but once you've buried your hopes and dreams and don't want anything anymore, such things are the least of your problems. They're the least of mine.
Today, however, is interrupted by a sudden knock on my front door. Since I don't get any visitors, especially not from my neighbors or family, I was going to avoid answering and ignore whatever it was that they were selling. Their persistence, however, won me over. Opening the door, however, was something even I didn't expect.
"Sorry to bother you about this, but can I use your  bathroom?! You're the only person who answered, please?! I can't hold it anymore!!" Standing in my doorway, wearing a ridiculous green and white uniform was a pizza delivery girl. She even had a rather lame hat to go with it. She was blonde and cut to her neck. Her green eyes complimented her outfit, though. In her hands, she was carrying a pizza box. She looked to be under a lot of pressure. 
This might just be some kind of new tactic they're using...I guess even those kinds of jobs are tough these days? 
"I didn't order any pizza though, so..."
"Never mind the pizza!" She begged, "can I please, please, please use your bathroom?!"
"...Well since you asked so nicely...." I step aside and let her in. She hands off the pizza box to me and rushes past me. Fortunately, my place isn't so big and she easily finds the bathroom. The door slams shut behind her. 
I never really noticed it myself because only I was meant to live here, but it's really quiet. I heard everything. The sound of the toilet seat being dropped, the sound her belt becoming undone and then...the unmistakable, paranoia inducing sound of a stream of water being poured into the toilet. It went on for about six seconds straight. I counted. 
What followed was the sound of the toilet flushing, the faucet being turned on and then the door opened. She didn't lock the door? She was quite careless wasn't she? She emerged with an incredibly relieved smile on her face. 
"Thanks, you're a life saver! I'd probably be out in the bushes right now...well maybe just behind the building." She wiped her wet hands on her pants and chuckled.
"...Yeah, you'd probably end up being even later for your delivery if you did that." I said sarcastically. I'm sorry, but what I went through was actually pretty traumatizing. After reading some adult based stories, there are certain ways I can't look at women anymore. I just found another. 
"Heh, yeah, well that's no problem. I was late getting there so he didn't really want it for some reason." She placed her hat back on then shrugged her shoulders, "Eh, you can have it if you want. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. People really do some unfathomable things don't they?"
"You don't say?" This girl, she's quite the chatterbox. More importantly, why is she still here?
"Yeah, I mean, fine, he didn't have to take the pizza, but he could have let me use the bathroom." She seemed to be getting worked up as her voice rose. "Humph, then he goes on to question if I am the actual pizza delivery girl and not some robber who beat up the 'real professional' and decided to lie my way in, knock him out and steal his stuff. Do I look like I could knock someone out?!"
I looked down at the short girl standing in front of me. With her uniform consisting of short sleeved shirt and shorts, I could clearly see her physical build and it wasn't impressive at all. She had the body of a fourteen year old girl, but I somehow doubted she was. Usually, fourteen year old girls weren't this...bold. Right? Well, nothing is impossible, I guess. 
"No, you don't, but looks have nothing to do with it. For example, the legendary Honey Badger." There are creatures who can even bully a lion away from it's kill. "Dolphins too, for that matter."
"Dolphins? Are they dangerous? I thought they were friendly and playful creatures. Aren't they like one of the more intelligent marine mammals or something?"
I have heard some things about Dolphins...but I don't think I should speak of such things to a lady. "Well, you're not wrong." ...in any case. 
"Hmm...you sound like you know a lot. Are you one of those reclusive genius people?"
"You're half right." I hand her back the pizza box. "Well, here, you can have this back." 
"What, you don't want it? Why not? It's completely free. It's free, you know?"
"I don't really like cheese." Well, cold cheese, but she doesn't need to know that. "It's been nice talking to you, but shouldn't you get back to work?"
"Oh!" As if suddenly remembering that, she tipped her hat. I know it, she was hiding her embarrassment. "Yeah, you're right, but before I go, do you have a pen, I could borrow real quick? It'll only take a second, I promise. Here," she took the box from me, "you go get the pen and I'll wait right here with the box.
I sighed in my head, but did as she requested. I don't know why, but my natural weakness has always been girls. No matter what, I am always overly kind to them. I guess this is what they call chivalry? By the time, I return, she's still patiently waiting. She really has no sense of urgency, does she? "Here." I hand her the pen.
"Thank you~" she says in a sing-song voice. On a napkin, she writes down something quickly and hands it to me. "Make sure you don't lose that!" She winks her eye at me and speed walks off. After she departs, I close the door and lock it.
"...Well, there goes fifteen minutes of my life I will never get back." Written on the napkin was a message especially for me. It was a phone number clearly marked as her cell phone and her name which was Jennifer. The odds that I'll ever run into her are slim to none, but the odds that I'll ever call her are absolute zero. It's not that I don't like her, it's just...


© 2013 D.T. Tucker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013


Author

D.T. Tucker
D.T. Tucker

Bronx, New York, NY



About
I am a rather laid back guy and prefer to take things slow and easy. My main motivation for writng is just that it is the thing I have the most fun doing. I've been writing seriously for about two yea.. more..

Writing